• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The last night still in development.

Fuz

Banned
I'll be very sad if this beauty gets canceled.

AKTZouF.gif

TLN_NewWorld_01_compressed.png

TLN_CabRoof_01_compressed.png

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I can't remember exactly, but is this being funded and published by Sony? The Twitter mob tried to kill this game right during E3 and cancel it. Somebody from Sony tweeted something like "we need to talk". This should be a PC game aimed at Steam with a port to Switch later on. Hopefully haven't lost control of the ip.

olimariOA

Banned
lol this guy sounds like such a whiny little bitch.

A small but vocal minority of crybabies likely got his funding and connection to Microsoft yanked because he wanted to explore an idea in a fictitious game. I don't think he's off base here at all. There's a history of people being very successful in damaging him.

olimariOA

Banned
This new GIF looks insane

Look at how this mist in the area changes color with the jumbotron in back.
This might be the best looking game.

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
It'll be released when its ready.

Let's not get overly dramatic. If they dropped monthly information and said out in 3 years, they'd get grilled for taking too long.

From a marketing perspective, Microsoft seems to be learning from Crackdown's protracted release.

Per the game's Wikipedia: "However, at the end of 2018, Soret reported via Twitter that due to "massive business, legal & funding issues" that forced them to delay the game, to pull a planned trailer to be shown during the The Game Awards 2018, and seek out additional funding support."

Jaw1love

Banned
A small but vocal minority of crybabies likely got his funding and connection to Microsoft yanked because he wanted to explore an idea in a fictitious game. I don't think he's off base here at all. There's a history of people being very successful in damaging him.
lol no. you have no idea if that's true. Some people criticized him on the internet and now he is crying about persecution and blaming them for his game's development woes. You wanna talk about fucking crybabies look no further than this dude

Jaw1love

Banned
"SOMEBODY ON THE INTERNET CRITICIZED ME. I'M BEING PERSECUTED. WAAAAAAAA"
What a little baby. His game looks dope but he probably blew all of his funding being a jag-off and now he wants to blame a handful of people on Twitter and try to cash in on that sweet sweet MAGA-TARD outrage.

Grinchy

Banned
What a little baby. His game looks dope but he probably blew all of his funding being a jag-off and now he wants to blame a handful of people on Twitter and try to cash in on that sweet sweet MAGA-TARD outrage.
You sound like such a logical person.

olimariOA

Banned
lol no. you have no idea if that's true. Some people criticized him on the internet and now he is crying about persecution and blaming them for his game's development woes. You wanna talk about fucking crybabies look no further than this dude

He was doing fine an on an upward trajectory until E32017 when crybabies were upset he didn't support fourth wave feminism outright.
How can you be so blind to the negative impact of MS likely dropping him, big names in the industry throwing him under the bus and unfollowing him, etc...?

He's basically said as much on his twitter that funding and support took a huge hit as every major gaming publication called him a racist and a sexist.

Last edited:

Shmunter

That’s some High IQ critical thinking right here. Sorry, don’t mean to be crass but holy hell what a waste of space your post is.

Jaw1love

Banned
He was doing fine an on an upward trajectory until E32017 when crybabies were upset he didn't support fourth wave feminism outright.
How can you be so blind to the negative impact of MS likely dropping him, big names in the industry throwing him under the bus and unfollowing him, etc...?

He's basically said as much on his twitter that funding and support took a huge hit as every major gaming publication called him a racist and a sexist.
again, you have no idea if microsoft dropped him or not. For all you know they could 100% still be publishing him. It's far more likely he has just never developed a game this size before and has run into the standard issues that go with financing and developing a big game. Below took forever to come out, Cuphead took forever to come out, the only difference is that those devs didn't go crying to Twitter and post wild conspiracy theories in the hopes that they can cash in on MAGA-TARD outrage.

Jaw1love

Banned
That’s some High IQ critical thinking right here. Sorry, don’t mean to be crass but holy hell what a waste of space your post is.
Ohh shit, the high IQ havers have logged in to their favorite video game message board. Look out everyone, this dude is about to blow us away with his critical thinking skills. REASON AND LOGIC FOR TEH WIIIIIN

olimariOA

Banned
again, you have no idea if microsoft dropped him or not. For all you know they could 100% still be publishing him. It's far more likely he has just never developed a game this size before and has run into the standard issues that go with financing and developing a big game. Below took forever to come out, Cuphead took forever to come out, the only difference is that those devs didn't go crying to Twitter and post wild conspiracy theories in the hopes that they can cash in on MAGA-TARD outrage.

So he's lying on twitter? I don't get it.

Jaw1love

Banned
So he's lying on twitter? I don't get it.
He never said microsoft dropped him, that's just your own dumb ass invention. And the dude posted some conspiracy theory accusing everyone from art schools to AAA developers of trying to destroy him so yeah I'd say he's not the most reliable and level headed dude.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
He never said microsoft dropped him, that's just your own dumb ass invention. And the dude posted some conspiracy theory accusing everyone from art schools to AAA developers of trying to destroy him so yeah I'd say he's not the most reliable and level headed dude.
As opposed to you.

olimariOA

Banned

I watched his destruction at the hands of devs, "journalists", and forums like what is now Resetera.
I watched him get raked over the coals on twitter.

Just look at any mention of his name on Resetera now and you'll see everybody tearing into him until the thread is locked because they can't give a platform to HATE MONGERS or whatever.

We should know in the coming months if the MS drop is real or not, but it has been heavily hinted at.

Jaw1love

Banned
Lay off the baseless accusations and personal insults.
I watched his destruction at the hands of devs, "journalists", and forums like what is now Resetera.

Hahahahahahahahaha.
"A handful of people criticized him, HE IS BEING DESTROYED!"

lol. You alt right retards are the biggest fucking babies in the world

"HIS LIFE IS OVER, THEY WERE MEAN TO HIM ON TWITTER!"

Hahahahahahahahaha.

You have no idea what is going on behind the scenes and if what he's saying is anything to go by it's been a pretty heavy handed blow.

olimariOA

Banned
Hahahahahahahahaha.

- We encountered massive business, legal & funding issues we can't talk about.

Something is amiss and doesn't jive with what you're insinuating given his budget, growth, and personal salary.
We'll know everything soon, I would imagine.

I got banned from reset era for simply saying people are allowed to have other point of views even if they are diffrent. I got banned for trolling

I got banned from reset era for simply saying people are allowed to have other point of views even if they are diffrent. I got banned for trolling
That's because to those psychos a different point of view is trolling, that website should be wiped from the face of the Earth.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
That's because to those psychos a different point of view is trolling, that website should be wiped from the face of the Earth.
I’d rather it keeps existing so I can continue pointing and laughing at it. Like when you go to the zoo.

mortal

Gold Member
I really hope this game makes it out uncompromised. The premise is intriguing, and the presentation is striking.

Saruhashi

Banned

To be fair here I don't think the issue was that he was simply being "criticized" on the internet.

My understanding was that after the game's trailer dropped at E3 in 2017 there were a lot of people putting pressure on Raw Fury and Microsoft to drop the game. That's not just "criticism". That's people trying to take down your livelihood.

I mean, this is Ben Kuchera, Senior Editor, from Polygon: Life is finite and why would you look at someone with a history of super shitty views that directly hurt other people making a pro-capitalism game because he has stated he’s against feminism and people don’t deserve to have their basic needs met and your reaction is "Let me spend more of my valuable time on THAT."

I wonder what kind of connections people like Kuchera have in the industry.

The whole thing fucking stinks.

You can screech about the alt-right and people being babies and just generally make yourself look like a total dunce all you want but the fact of the matter is that when the trailer for this game dropped there was, what some might call, a campaign of harassment against the developers of this game.

Regardless of whether or not the current difficulties are related, it is simply asinine to deny that this game was not targeted by people who had ideas about making sure it doesn't get released.

I'm sure you already know this but that's a world away from "somebody on the internet criticized me".

JaffeLion

Banned
wait, so he developed a "custom tool to keep track of stats & comments". Why not focus on development of the game instead?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Yup. There it is.

This game will never get a fair chance even if it does release.
True, but didn’t hurt Kingdom Come. These fools smell their own farts so much they fail to realise how insignificant they are most of the time. Gamers will buy good games regardless what some idiotic cultists think.

Saruhashi

Banned
True, but didn’t hurt Kingdom Come. These fools smell their own farts so much they fail to realise how insignificant they are most of the time. Gamers will buy good games regardless what some idiotic cultists think.

That's true but I'd really prefer if people working for major gaming sites wouldn't be out to deliberately sabotage a games potential success.

While it might be true that they didn't hurt Kingdom Come it's not clear how much impact they had on the games potential.

There's follow on consequences for that too. A very successful and very critically acclaimed Kingdom Come could have inspired a rise of even more ambitious indie projects.

I think even if fellow indie developers don't like Vavra and/or Soret they will look at the situation and think "shit, if we cross these people then our game might not even make it".

Like you could even be delighted that The Last Night might never be released but also you'd be walking on eggshells going forward.

Grinchy

Banned
Maybe someone like Notch can jump in and help publish the game. Someone who knows what it's like to have the hysterical e-droids of the world do everything they can to ruin you over nothing.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
There’s always Kickstarter. I’d bet my house it’d get funded. Unless of course, Kickstarter start going the Gestapo route of Patreon, Mastercard, Twitter et al. Nothing would surprise me anymore in this age of idiocy.

Top Bottom