• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The last night still in development.

ShdwDrake

Banned
You're the one who said "the powers that be", and they do have authority over publishing rights apparently.

Alright. So the powers that be is whoever pulled the funding but the other issue is that we don't know what other assets they own and yes when you sign the paperwork you do the dance.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
"What if women where the CEOs instead of men? The lower class men would be fucked..." We been fucked and the men are the CEO's. It's like he went out on the playground and lil Becky pushed him off the jungle gym and he's been traumatized ever since!
OR we could talk about how his inability to get laid setup a boring story? Or maybe its only interesting the sole perspective of a white male.
Pay attention kids. This is what happens when you derive all your news and information from biased “woke” sources. You end up looking foolish.

Life tip kids: Broaden your horizons. Get your information from more than one side. Form your own opinions, think for yourself and you won’t look stupid. Respect will follow.

ShdwDrake

Banned
Yes, I actually made the below comment. I have been removed from the thread because after review, I have not contributed anything noteworthy except antagonism.
Pay attention kids. This is what happens when you derive all your news and information from biased “woke” sources. You end up looking foolish.

Life tip kids: Broaden your horizons. Get your information from more than one side. Form your own opinions, think for yourself and you won’t look stupid. Respect will follow.

ShadowDrake is wildly misrepresenting the premise.

The game used to be set is a mild dystopia where fourth wave feminism had gained a lot of power and had wielded it perhaps unfairly.
That's all we really know, so to dismiss it as "whack" when any ideology can corrupt and when power can corrupt is a bit thick.

Why can we so freely explore politically right dystopias but not politically left ones?

White people crazy.

Last edited:

olimariOA

Banned
ShadowDrake is wildly misrepresenting the premise.

The game used to be set is a mild dystopia where fourth wave feminism had gained a lot of power and had wielded it perhaps unfairly.
That's all we really know, so to dismiss it as "whack" when any ideology can corrupt and when power can corrupt is a bit thick.

Why can we so freely explore politically right dystopias but not politically left ones?

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
We're not gonna have people white-knighting for a maiden that does not exist again, are we? Didn't learn from the Ellie debacle?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Alright. So the powers that be is whoever pulled the funding but the other issue is that we don't know what other assets they own and yes when you sign the paperwork you do the dance.

K.

And we are here to criticize their bullshit. Sorry it bothers you.

MMaRsu

Banned
Cant wait, been following it since it Got announced if politics Will destroy this game , then fuck this time Line. It already claimed Prey 2. Lets hope it doesnt take The last Night too.

Ehh what? Politics had 0 to do with Prey 2 getting cancelled and more about Bethesda being a shitbag of a company.

oagboghi2

"What if women where the CEOs instead of men? The lower class men would be fucked..." We been fucked and the men are the CEO's. It's like he went out on the playground and lil Becky pushed him off the jungle gym and he's been traumatized ever since!
You have no idea what you are talking about

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It got suddenly defunded
I knew MS was up to no good

Microsoft caved to the whims of the vocal minority of the radical left.
This thing is going to get kickstarted to the moon and back if they ever open it up.

You can't ignore hate that leads to MS completely pulling funding.
Hate that has tied him up in Microsoft's legal fishnet.

What about him seems like a perfectionist? He has a long history of finishing his other projects in other industries.
You're thinking of the guy making 'Ghost Song', not Tim.

Dude CUT THE BS! What you need to do is just blame MS for cutting the funding. The vocal minority as you call them (and I agree they were the minority yet very vocal) did not get this game defunded. It was Microsoft's weak ass, anti-developer thinking, non-courageous having asses that are to blame. They are they ones that didn't want to have their names tied to this game after some people voiced their opinion. As if they didn't know what Tim was making when he pitched them the game.

MS NEEDS exclusives and they had one right here! Yet they gave it up. People like me were legit thinking about buying my first PC game on the Windows Store just because of this game. MS, in this case, has let me down even though I didn't love the original premise that we were given (how the world would look if modern-day feminism won), but was willing to try it because the visuals and sound in the trailer were all so amazing.

Last edited:

olimariOA

Banned
The vocal minority knows the power they wield, though.
If you know your actions are effective and you still perpetrate them then you should absolutely catch some blame.

But yes, of course Microsoft kowtowing to them is the real problem.
Why do multi-billion dollar mega corps kowtow to anonymous twitter weirdos? I'll never know.

Last edited:
Dude CUT THE BS! What you need to do is just blame MS for cutting the funding. The vocal minority as you call them (and I agree they were the minority yet very vocal) did not get this game defunded. It was Microsoft's weak ass, anti-developer thinking, non-courageous having asses that are to blame. They are they ones that didn't want to have their names tied to this game after some people voiced their opinion. As if they didn't know what Tim was making when he pitched them the game.

MS NEEDS exclusives and they had one right here! Yet they gave it up. People like me were legit thinking about buying my first PC game on the Windows Store just because of this game. MS, in this case, has let me down even though I didn't love the original premise that we were given (how the world would look if modern-day feminism won), but was willing to try it because the visuals and sound in the trailer were all so amazing.
What are you talking about? Raw Fury left, not Microsoft...

jc0A06b.png

Talk about a gross overreaction over nonsensical nothingness.

olimariOA

Banned
Microsoft cut funding but is holding on to publishing rights, by all accounts.
It's game development purgatory.

olimariOA

Banned
According to what? You guys are literally just pulling these things out of your asses. Also Microsoft wasn't the publisher, RAW FURY WAS...
You're absolutely right. Good call. I'm just trying to piece this together like everybody else is.
Tim Soret's twitter is cryptic as fuck, but it paints a broad story of foul play going back months.

You're absolutely right. Good call. I'm just trying to piece this together like everybody else is.
Tim Soret's twitter is cryptic as fuck, but it paints a broad story of foul play going back months.
Did you not notice that he just launched a new website? That new website has Raw Fury absent, Microsoft is still there, that hasn't changed according to anything.

mckmas8808

According to what? You guys are literally just pulling these things out of your asses. Also Microsoft wasn't the publisher, RAW FURY WAS...

See this is what I was talking about last week. Tim Soret is purposely making all this so confusing that's it's hard for me to understand why people are getting mad at the "Leftist" of the world about this game. We basically don't know anything.

Shmunter

Would appreciate a PS4 version also after all this. And hope Lorn is still on board, can’t imagine any interest in Sjw infant tantrums from him.

Last edited:

Dunki

See this is what I was talking about last week. Tim Soret is purposely making all this so confusing that's it's hard for me to understand why people are getting mad at the "Leftist" of the world about this game. We basically don't know anything.
I think it is pretty clear hat Microsoft does not want to deal with the backlash his game has gotten for content these assholes did not like in a fictional game. Should we blame Microsoft? Yeah partly because they had no balls to stand up to their developers. But I mostly blame SJW media like Kotaku, Waypoint etc. who created a HUGE fake outrage after some statements of Tim.

Hell Resetera even banned he game from discussion.

mckmas8808

I think it is pretty clear hat Microsoft does not want to deal with the backlash his game has gotten for content these assholes did not like in a fictional game. Should we blame Microsoft? Yeah partly because they had no balls to stand up to their developers. But I mostly blame SJW media like Kotaku, Waypoint etc. who created a HUGE fake outrage after some statements of Tim.

Hell Resetera even banned he game from discussion.

Think about what you just typed here. You are so trapped in the Matrix that you have no idea what reality is anymore. You care WAAAY too much about SJW this and fake outrage that. You have no idea that all of it is just noise. There are ways to profit even when some voices on Twitter or in the press are against you or your product. Obama and Trump have both CLEARLY shown you (I think you live in Germany so you may not understand) that alot of negative noise against you, doesn't mean you can't succeed at your goal.

Lets ask the following questions.....

1. Did MS know the premise of the story before Tim told everyone?
2. Does MS need more exclusives?
3. Did this game create alot of buzz when it was first shown?
4. Did the controversy create even more buzz and name recognition for this new dev team and their game?
5. Will negative voices from Kotaku and Waypoint stop your game from selling?

Seriously and honestly answer those questions for me (you can answer them in your head and not post about it). Then after you answer those questions tell me what MS or any Publisher should do for here as for as funding and publishing the game.

Dunki

Think about what you just typed here. You are so trapped in the Matrix that you have no idea what reality is anymore. You care WAAAY too much about SJW this and fake outrage that. You have no idea that all of it is just noise. There are ways to profit even when some voices on Twitter or in the press are against you or your product. Obama and Trump have both CLEARLY shown you (I think you live in Germany so you may not understand) that alot of negative noise against you, doesn't mean you can't succeed at your goal.

Lets ask the following questions.....

1. Did MS know the premise of the story before Tim told everyone?
2. Does MS need more exclusives?
3. Did this game create alot of buzz when it was first shown?
4. Did the controversy create even more buzz and name recognition for this new dev team and their game?
5. Will negative voices from Kotaku and Waypoint stop your game from selling?

Seriously and honestly answer those questions for me (you can answer them in your head and not post about it). Then after you answer those questions tell me what MS or any Publisher should do for here as for as funding and publishing the game.

1. The part of the world where feminism won? I bet he never said i hat way. The Promise of course. This is what you pitch
2. After the below disaster I think they really do
3. The buzz was unreal when it first was shown. So yes.
4. The controversy created a really toxic atmosphere and MS stayed silent then Tim accounced that it will not be at E3 even though before he teased it will be.
5. It depends who is listening to them. Games being banned on Twitch, or big Forums also have a much harder stand. And it was not only Kotaku. It was like a snowball who has gtten bigger and bigger.

mckmas8808

1. The part of the world where feminism won? I bet he never said i hat way. The Promise of course. This is what you pitch
2. After the below disaster I think they really do
3. The buzz was unreal when it first was shown. So yes.
4. The controversy created a really toxic atmosphere and MS stayed silent then Tim accounced that it will not be at E3 even though before he teased it will be.
5. It depends who is listening to them. Games being banned on Twitch, or big Forums also have a much harder stand. And it was not only Kotaku. It was like a snowball who has gtten bigger and bigger.

What happened with Below? I have no idea what happened there. And if Tim didn't tell MS completely about the full premise then he alone is at fault for this game being defunded.

Dunki

What happened with Below? I have no idea what happened there. And if Tim didn't tell MS completely about the full premise then he alone is at fault for this game being defunded.
Do you really believe he did not told them? they used his in a world where feminism has won as attack against him. He even retracted this comment but it did not matter anymore.

As for Below. it is a financial and also critical flop probably the biggest in 2018 in the Indy scene

mckmas8808

Do you really believe he did not told them? they used his in a world where feminism has won as attack against him. He even retracted this comment but it did not matter anymore.

As for Below. it is a financial and also critical flop probably the biggest in 2018 in the Indy scene

WHOA! Below is at 70% on OpenCritic. That's crazy. I just knew that game would be a hit. Guess I was wrong there.

Which do you think is more likely.

A. This game is running into development problems, which is making some investors nervous.

or

B. Investors are abandoning ship because people on Twitter, WayPoint, and ResetERA didn't like the premise about feminism?

Dunki

WHOA! Below is at 70% on OpenCritic. That's crazy. I just knew that game would be a hit. Guess I was wrong there.

Which do you think is more likely.

A. This game is running into development problems, which is making some investors nervous.

or

B. Investors are abandoning ship because people on Twitter, WayPoint, and ResetERA didn't like the premise about feminism?
B these days clearly As I said before Social media has become a weapon for censorship. It is the easiest way to silence people you do not like and even destroy their lives.

mckmas8808

B these days clearly As I said before Social media has become a weapon for censorship. It is the easiest way to silence people you do not like and even destroy their lives.

Okay man. Keep fighting that war that you will NEVER ever win! You will never in your life or 500 years into the future ever have 100% agreement on anything. If you want to blame people that don't like stuff , therefore it goes away more than the people that kill the funding go right ahead.

Like in the Playstation censorship thing. I love Playstation as a brand, but I'm not going to blame people on Twitter that hate seeing anime boobs for what Sony is doing. I point the fingers at Sony and Sony only! They didn't have to make that change if they didn't want to. The corporations are the ones to blame, not the minority of the voices that don't like something.

Ehh what? Politics had 0 to do with Prey 2 getting cancelled and more about Bethesda being a shitbag of a company.

I didn’t really want to respond to this as I find it pretty obvious that I wasn’t comparing the different events to the same cause of outcome, however I decided to just say this as a parting thing to your response.

It doesn’t really matter if it’s governing politics or company politics. It’s still politics, ideologies governed by people who believe they are better individual and in there ignorant selfrightness tries to control what and many more people likes, that tries to control what we as people should be digesting. Yes Bethesda is a shit company and so is zenimax we all know that and the policies governing was what ultimatively got prey 2 canceled, people in power that just are their so they can feel better about themselves. Doesn’t matter if it’s governmental politics or it’s down to company politics it still stinks.

mckmas8808

Wtf...how??

It was supposed to come out last year?!

Their funding got ripped right from under their feet. They spent much time in 2018 trying to make up for the lost of funding. The last we heard, they were still looking for additional funding. Something with the publisher changing their mind or something. Some of the information is in this thread on previous pages, but it may be hard to understand because the creator of the game isn't being 100% transparent for reasons we can't understand.

Some believe he's being held back due to contract reasons to not explain the whole situation.

Last edited:

Peter Parker

Neo Member
Their funding got ripped right from under their feet. They spent much time in 2018 trying to make up for the lost of funding. The last we heard, they were still looking for additional funding. Something with the publisher changing their mind or something. Some of the information is in this thread on previous pages, but it may be hard to understand because the creator of the game isn't being 100% transparent for reasons we can't understand.

Some believe he's being held back due to contract reasons to not explain the whole situation.
What's bizarre, is that Raw Thrills still lists the game on their website, but yet they're not listed as a publisher on the game's official website.

If the game was supposed to be released in 2018 and in late 2018 their funding got taken away; how far along in development is this game that it's still going to take an entire year or more of development?

You know what I really hate. Is some PS4 fans on here & reddit (not all) are being hypocritical about blasting the exclusivity of this game to XBox when they cheer all the exclusives on PS4. I hate that.

Peter Parker

Neo Member
I just hope it does in the end get released. Not happy about a 2020 release, but I'll take that over never releasing.
I don't see why if it was ready by the end of 2018, that it couldn't be out in the middle of this year - unless they're going to double the size of the game or something.

Apparently there are some legal problems that might cancel the game. I've never heard a dev say publicly 'I can't comment on game progress due to legal issues'. This isn't good.

Top Bottom