• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The last night still in development.

yurinka

Apparently there are some legal problems that might cancel the game. I've never heard a dev say publicly 'I can't comment on game progress due to legal issues'. This isn't good.
It's called NDA. All medium and big companys aren't allowed to talk about unreleased stuff or details about development, deals with investors or publishers, etc.

Last edited:
It's called NDA. All medium and big companys aren't allowed to talk about unreleased stuff or details about development, deals with investors or publishers, etc.

How come CDPR was always feeding us screen shots and other details then? You think they don't have the same NDAs and other legal things? No, I think The Last Night is dealing with some blue-haired SJW legal onslaught.

mckmas8808

Banned
How come CDPR was always feeding us screen shots and other details then? You think they don't have the same NDAs and other legal things? No, I think The Last Night is dealing with some blue-haired SJW legal onslaught.

It has little to do with SJW crap. Stop hating people that believe in something differently than you.

Dunki

It has little to do with SJW crap. Stop hating people that believe in something differently than you.
I do not think this is true. They got under fire for the quote that last Night is set in a world were feminism has won. That triggered a ton of people and the game is even banned on Resetera.

mckmas8808

Banned
I do not think this is true. They got under fire for the quote that last Night is set in a world were feminism has won. That triggered a ton of people and the game is even banned on Resetera.

But the creator said that the game's direction isn't exactly about that "only". Do you think it's possible he lied about what the game was about to some investors?

Dunki

But the creator said that the game's direction isn't exactly about that "only". Do you think it's possible he lied about what the game was about to some investors?
This was the sentence that caused everyone to keep silent. He also corrected this statement after a backlash but it did not help at all.

And no I do not believe he lied. He just did not say this phrase. The themes are the same. And I get Microsoft getting scared because of the backlash. But I still blame this fake outrage to the SJW league and "games journalists" etc. who love to harass companies to remove stuff they do not like.

mckmas8808

Banned
This was the sentence that caused everyone to keep silent. He also corrected this statement after a backlash but it did not help at all.

And no I do not believe he lied. He just did not say this phrase. The themes are the same. And I get Microsoft getting scared because of the backlash. But I still blame this fake outrage to the SJW league and "games journalists" etc. who love to harass companies to remove stuff they do not like.

Whoever financially backed the game from the beginning, shouldn't have pulled their money after the backlash. They are the ones that were the problems here. Not people voicing their opinion about the themes of the game.

Dunki

Whoever financially backed the game from the beginning, shouldn't have pulled their money after the backlash. They are the ones that were the problems here. Not people voicing their opinion about the themes of the game.
Social Media today is the easiest way to censor what people do not like by dogpiling on big companies. Given How "journalists" also ran with this bullshit they had no other choice . Reminds me of Sony removing Super Seducer 2 from their store after "journalists " contacted Sony over and over again why this game is on their store. As a big company you can not do much about these social media mobs. Either you comply you are are being presented as sexist, racist, homophobic the whole catalog of accusations

mckmas8808

Banned
Social Media today is the easiest way to censor what people do not like by dogpiling on big companies. Given How "journalists" also ran with this bullshit they had no other choice . Reminds me of Sony removing Super Seducer 2 from their store after "journalists " contacted Sony over and over again why this game is on their store. As a big company you can not do much about these social media mobs. Either you comply you are are being presented as sexist, racist, homophobic the whole catalog of accusations

They are million/billion dollar corporations! They ALWAYS have a choice! Stop with the bullshit.

Dunki

They are million/billion dollar corporations! They ALWAYS have a choice! Stop with the bullshit.
No they do not because this is creating a bad image and you will lose a lot through this. Just like H&M had no choice their stores even got destroyed for a stupid ad with a black kid wearing a "offensive" sweater. People get fired because of social media mobs almost every day. Why? Because Journalists are going with this and even harassing companies, lying in their articles etc.

And yeah ok in the end you have a choice. Either give u your business or comply.

mckmas8808

Banned
No they do not because this is creating a bad image and you will lose a lot through this. Just like H&M had no choice their stores even got destroyed for a stupid ad with a black kid wearing a "offensive" sweater. People get fired because of social media mobs almost every day. Why? Because Journalists are going with this and even harassing companies, lying in their articles etc.

And yeah ok in the end you have a choice. Either give u your business or comply.

Dude.......that was a stupid ad by H&M. It's okay to admit that billion dollar corporations do dumb things. And it's okay for them to "fix" the issue. For some reason, you are considering that to be them "complying" to the mob. We use to call that listening to the consumer\customer until it was black, brown, LGBT and women being the consumers. Now we are a mob. *SMH*

Dunki

Dude.......that was a stupid ad by H&M. It's okay to admit that billion dollar corporations do dumb things. And it's okay for them to "fix" the issue. For some reason, you are considering that to be them "complying" to the mob. We use to call that listening to the consumer\customer until it was black, brown, LGBT and women being the consumers. Now we are a mob. *SMH*
it was stupid sure but it was not racist. the child liked it the mother liked it and defended the add and then they got tons of harassment and death threats. People destroyed H&M store because of this ad and you are not talking about a mob here?

There is a difference to be offended by something and to harass and threaten companies and private people. The same by the way did happen with this "offensive" add in UK in which the model who posed for it and liked the work was threaten with death and rape threats by mostly fat over jealous feminists. Because of the slogan is your body beach ready. Fuck that to believe that this kind of fascist social media mob does not exist eventhough I can name you 100 more examples. Like the guy wearing a "sexist" shirt which was made by his best female friend. He got tons of threats and broke down under crying apologizing for wearing a fucking T-Shirt with women on it.

Yo want more examples? can bring them to you. Even on the games side.

mckmas8808

Banned
it was stupid sure but it was not racist. the child liked it the mother liked it and defended the add and then they got tons of harassment and death threats. People destroyed H&M store because of this ad and you are not talking about a mob here?

There is a difference to be offended by something and to harass and threaten companies and private people. The same by the way did happen with this "offensive" add in UK in which the model who posed for it and liked the work was threaten with death and rape threats by mostly fat over jealous feminists. Because of the slogan is your body beach ready. Fuck that to believe that this kind of fascist social media mob does not exist eventhough I can name you 100 more examples. Like the guy wearing a "sexist" shirt which was made by his best female friend. He got tons of threats and broke down under crying apologizing for wearing a fucking T-Shirt with women on it.

Yo want more examples? can bring them to you. Even on the games side.

I didn't say they didn't exist. I'm saying video game companies don't have to comply (using your word) if they feel they are in the right.

Shmunter

Old tweets or articles were also dug up where the dev supported Gamergate. That in itself blacklists you with the far left media and creates a domino effect where they likely door knock to 3rd parties demanding deplatforming. Ironic.

mckmas8808

Banned
Old tweets or articles were also dug up where the dev supported Gamergate. That in itself blacklists you with the far left media and creates a domino effect where they likely door knock to 3rd parties demanding deplatforming. Ironic.

And whoever was funding the game could have kept funding it and everything would have been okay.

Grinchy

Banned
No one knows, unfortunately. The guy making it gets on Twitter and tells everyone the game won't be out for 2 more years and can only give cryptic non-info so all anyone actually has to go on is assumptions. There is no source of information that is accurately describing what has happened.

No one knows, unfortunately. The guy making it gets on Twitter and tells everyone the game won't be out for 2 more years and can only give cryptic non-info so all anyone actually has to go on is assumptions. There is no source of information that is accurately describing what has happened.

He's already posted an update on the subreddit, he can't talk about anything due to ID@XBox requirements.

Have other ID@XBox games been this restricted in terms of pre-launch updates? Just want to know if this is a special case or not.

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
Good news. It looked fantastic. I know the narrative was deemed problematic but honestly, it seems like an interesting concept to explore.

mckmas8808

Banned
Have other ID@XBox games been this restricted in terms of pre-launch updates? Just want to know if this is a special case or not.

I'm really want to know this too. I can't see why MS would want to shut him up though. They haven't done this before from memory, but maybe someone else can remember a time when MS has done this.

Good news. It looked fantastic. I know the narrative was deemed problematic but honestly, it seems like an interesting concept to explore.

It is an interesting topic if the creative actually wants to be smart and honest about it. If the creative just wants to create a stir in the public for the lulz then nah. Like when HBO was going to do that "If the South had won the Civil War" TV show. It was going to be created by the Game of Thrones people, but do I trust that they'd handle a subject like that well? Nah. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

If you go to their website, it actually lists who the devs are now. I don't recall that being there before. Or was it and i just have bad memory?
http://oddtales.net/

iBnEI0j.jpg

I hope MS shows this off at E3 this year, even if it isn't done and still a year or more away from completion. I just want to know that it is not being given up on.

A.Romero

I wasn't really interested in this but I will buy day one to support the devs. That context does sound interesting for a game.

I can't imagine we see anything at E3 with their persistent reminders that they are "working in the shadows" :messenger_pensive:

I want this so bad
I dunno. They keep updating and expanding their main page to add more info. I'm just happy it says it's still coming to xbox. I periodically check the site and it always feels like a little more info has been added. I think we'll get an update on game development, but that doesn't mean any footage will be shown. I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll at least hear something.

UCfppoP.jpg

So realistically, where does that put The Last Night from a release standpoint? Are we talking about the end of 2020 or even later?

Last edited:
Top Bottom