• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The last night still in development.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Can't wait for an investor to actually look up the data on how many SJW's actually play video games because this is mad. This game is on hold because some folks got triggered about some dudes tweets years ago?

Fucking loony tunes.
When it comes out and sells well (if it’s good), they can add it to the list of games that prove SJWs aren’t real game players.

And then they can ignore that information and continue virtue-signalling to their own detriment.

Business 2019-style.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Can't wait for an investor to actually look up the data on how many SJW's actually play video games because this is mad. This game is on hold because some folks got triggered about some dudes tweets years ago?

Fucking loony tunes.

Why are you falling for that lie? This game getting pushed back has nothing to do with an SJW agenda. Stop believing in the boogeyman.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Why are you falling for that lie? This game getting pushed back has nothing to do with an SJW agenda. Stop believing in the boogeyman.
What’s with your personal agenda against this game? You seem always ready to fire up when anybody suggests that it has been affected by the social justice crusade.

That is a cold hard fact.

You’re too invested. Makes me wonder why.

mckmas8808

What’s with your personal agenda against this game? You seem always ready to fire up when anybody suggests that it has been affected by the social justice crusade.

That is a cold hard fact.

You’re too invested. Makes me wonder why.

I have literally NO personal agenda against the game. I've said I want to play it myself. I think it looks beautiful and the animations are great. My only problem are people like you that think the boogyman shut the game down. You're so far up your own butt about SJW this and SJW that, that you seem to fail to realize that this is an indie developer and many times games like it take a while to come out for many different reasons.

He is a social justice warrior, that is why.

Sure. And would it be fair if I called you a Nazi? Is that what we are doing now? Just throwing names at each other just because we don't agree on every issue?

bilderberg

but you had microsoft themselves come out and speak against the creator shortly after presenting the game on their mainstage at e3. It's not so much of a reach to believe that microsoft decided to distance themselves and give less support to the game.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I have literally NO personal agenda against the game. I've said I want to play it myself. I think it looks beautiful and the animations are great. My only problem are people like you that think the boogyman shut the game down. You're so far up your own butt about SJW this and SJW that, that you seem to fail to realize that this is an indie developer and many times games like it take a while to come out for many different reasons.

Sure. And would it be fair if I called you a Nazi? Is that what we are doing now? Just throwing names at each other just because we don't agree on every issue?

Please, explain to me what actions I have done to be considered a "Nazi". I called you an SJW because that is exactly how you seem to portray yourself on the forums. Your actions, posts, and general attitude has informed and bolstered that opinion. It didn't come out of nowhere and you fully well know it.

MacReady13

So nazi is equivalent to SJW now???

steev101

Neo Member
Maybe I've missed it, but 6 pages and not one mention of the fact that on what should've been one of the proudest days of his life, the guy was basically forced to give a grovelling apology at MS's e3 presser in front of thousands of people. And for What? Having an opinion on feminism that runs counter to the prevailing orthodoxy.
I have two issues - one is obviously the corporate cowardice of Ms, but also the fact that this isn't just "a few dozen losers" reeing at the game so Tim got triggered and went into hiding. The backlash was orchestrated by some pretty highprofile individuals, a lot of whom have pull and influence within the industry, so much so that MS caved and Tim was forced to give that awkward and humiliating apology on stage. I mean are we really pretending that twitter mobs don't have at least "some" power and influence?

mckmas8808

Please, explain to me what actions I have done to be considered a "Nazi". I called you an SJW because that is exactly how you seem to portray yourself on the forums. Your actions, posts, and general attitude has informed and bolstered that opinion. It didn't come out of nowhere and you fully well know it.

I didn't say you "ARE" a Nazi. We are in a stupid period where people just toss around terms at each other just to make themselves feel better. You threw the term SJW at me as if it carries any weight anymore. Just because me and you disagree on some topics (maybe related to race, gender, or LGBT topics) doesn't mean I'm some Social Justice "Warrior". No we just disagree on some things. That's it. No title, label, or tag has to follow. And it's okay that we disagree. The world isn't ending and neither is our way of life.

So nazi is equivalent to SJW now???

With the way people misuse both words? YES! Some people on the internet aren't able to have a reasonable conversation without throwing labels at people. Either we agree on everything or you are a "blanky blank". That's the age we live in now. :pie_unamused:

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
He was able to create some insane results from modern lighting with pixel art. I wonder if things shifted to raytracing and XSeX at some point. I don't know how much more incredible it can look.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I've been on board with this game since the debut even when it was almost taboo here on GAF. I still really hope it comes out, it is incredibly appealing. I'll keep keeping my fingers crossed.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I disagreed with the ideas he expressed in his old tweets. That doesn't mean I can't accept that he can change, nor does it mean I had to reject his creation.

Also he was always upfront about how his game narrative would challenge how the advances of technology would affect people socially. That is nothing new in scifi and in fact it's a major topic now as automation creeps deeper and deeper into society.

So in short, I don't see the big deal. It's been on my Steam wish list for what feels like years now because it looks awesome. I can disagree with the past statements of an artist and still enjoy their work. It looks and sounds so awesome.

Spokker

Hmmm....that's an interesting thing for Tim to ask about publically.
I had an "oh shit Tim what the fuck you doing" moment. Not because I'm offended but because I want this game to be released without any further nonsense.

He's still posting about politics on his Twitter feed and I know he is going to say something that will get someone to pull finding or reconsider funding and make the game harder to make.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
He's still posting about politics on his Twitter feed and I know he is going to say something that will get someone to pull finding or reconsider funding and make the game harder to make.
That already happened.

Top Bottom