• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us 2 Actor Possibly Teasing Abby DLC

MrS

Banned
Some adventure he had with his brother between TLO1 and TLOU2, or a TLOU1 prequel.
TLOU is Ellie's story and Joel is a bit part player in it. Why devote DLC to a peripheral character when you could use the DLC as a chance to set up the third game?

I won't deny that a Joel and Tommy dlc would be a lot of fun though.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Abby hunts down Ellie after learning that she replaced her missing fingers with dildos.

27106ca69fbf8813f8f90535bb593cda.gif

GhostOfTsu

Banned
And how da fuq do you expect that to happen?

That would be pandering and fan service. It isn't going to happen.
You TLOU2 hatin motherfuckers really have a literal hard on for Joel, don't you?

Everyone loved Joel for 8 years. A hero. Suddenly, Part2 reframes him as a dumb villain everyone hates and he needs to go. Even Ellie stopped talking to him. People are now saying "oh yeah he was bad for rescuing Ellie and saving her life at all cost". Where did that come from?

It's like TLOU2 defenders were brainwashed suddenly.

Dorohedoro

Loved Abby and all but idk about a DLC revolving around her... I'd prefer more flashbacks with Joel and Ellie like that infected hotel, but you can play as both characters this time, just add some fights against human enemies too. Or maybe Tommy in Seattle. Maaaybe even Joel in his hunter days after the outbreak. I'd still give this one a shot tho.

I'll take a Abby DLC if in it Joel creates a time machine so really he knew what happened to him in the future, uses it to then go and torture the c*** w**** Abby then rip her to pieces the fucking piece of shit.

Fuck Abby. FUCK Naughty Dog.

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
Everyone loved Joel for 8 years. A hero. Suddenly, Part2 reframes him as a dumb villain everyone hates and he needs to go. Even Ellie stopped talking to him. People are now saying "oh yeah he was bad for rescuing Ellie and saving her life at all cost". Where did that come from?
I don't think he's bad for saving Ellie. Hypothetically, I'd have done the same thing in his shoes as I'm sure many others ITT would.

TLOU2 spoilers:
TLOU2 doesn't frame him as a villain per se. I'd argue the game goes out of its way to show you how decent a person he is and how much richer his life is because of Ellie. But the game also asks you to employ some empathy. To consider Joel's actions from the perspective of Abbie, a relative of somebody he murdered. People are just way too hung up on the "Joel is a hero" aspect of TLOU and refuse to take a macro look at how his actions actually effected the world of TLOU and the ensuing fallout.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It feels like a candle in the wind at this point. A good burn while it lasts. Multiplayer would feel better. TLoU DLC felt the same way. It was probably good, but wasn’t the same as that initial burn.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I don't think he's bad for saving Ellie. Hypothetically, I'd have done the same thing in his shoes as I'm sure many others ITT would.

TLOU2 doesn't frame his as a villain per se. I'd argue the game goes out of its way to make him seem like a good guy who has some flaws. The game simply asks you to employ some empathy. To consider Joel's actions from the perspective of somebody he murdered. People are just way too hung up on the "Joel is a hero" aspect of TLOU and refuse to take a macro look at how his actions actually effected the world of TLOU and the ensuing fallout.

Well there seems to be a whole lot of amnesia regarding Tess's "We're shitty people, Joel" line.

Reactions: MrS

Neff

I will buy Abby DLC

You have to love how divisive this game is. It's either utter shitty crap, or the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Nah, most rational people would just say it's a really good game like the first one was.

instead make TLOU3 focused on Joel.

Joel is no Big Boss.

Everyone loved Joel for 8 years. A hero. Suddenly, Part2 reframes him as a dumb villain everyone hates and he needs to go.

He was clearly a villain in part 1, framed generously as an arms-dealing anti-hero with a highly amoral past comprised of murdering innocents. Then at the game's denouement, and after a moment of guilty soul-searching, he resumes his innocent-murdering ways out of pure selfish sentimentality. There is nothing remotely heroic about him. And on top of that, he's a cantankerous jerk. He got what he deserved to be honest.

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned

TLOU2 spoilers:
TLOU2 doesn't frame him as a villain per se. I'd argue the game goes out of its way to show you how decent a person he is and how much richer his life is because of Ellie. But the game also asks you to employ some empathy. To consider Joel's actions from the perspective of Abbie, a relative of somebody he murdered. People are just way too hung up on the "Joel is a hero" aspect of TLOU and refuse to take a macro look at how his actions actually effected the world of TLOU and the ensuing fallout.

I don't need explanations. I understand exactly what ND wanted to do and it would have worked fine if Abby and the good doctor were in TLOU1 but they were not. So they made these fake flashbacks to create this narrative that they were going to cure the world with the help of Ellie but Joel took it all away.

That's not what happened in TLOU1 at all. The whole narrative of TLOU2 falls apart completely.

MrS

Banned
I don't need explanations. I understand exactly what ND wanted to do and it would have worked fine if Abby and the good doctor were in TLOU1 but they were not. So they made these fake flashbacks to create this narrative that they were going to cure the world with the help of Ellie but Joel took it all away.

That's not what happened in TLOU1 at all. The whole narrative of TLOU2 falls apart completely.
I disagree with you. I'm bowing out here as I don't think either of us are going to change our positions on this.

Last edited:
I will gladly play anything ND offers.

That said, shifting focus to Abby is my biggest gripe with TLOU2 and the primary reason why it failed to live up to the monumental expectations. Because of her character, the game will always be a "what might have been" for me.

Umbral

They either should have never made a sequel or made one that had nothing to do with Joel and Ellie.

Tiamat2san

PlayStation
Home of angry gods (kratos and his awfull son), angry lesbians (Ellie), angry muscular women (nadine, Abby) and angry fans who will get reported and banned if they talk about it in a psn chat....

on topic, I preferred Abby as a character and her gameplay.
Ellie became soooo annoying to me.
And even if I loved the first game, I didn’t give a shit about Joel’s death, he deserved it (I loved his character but he was an asshole too).
So if they make a story DLC, I’m fine with Abby.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Wont buy DLC about a character i dont like and i wont buy TLOu 3. I deleted TLoU 2 after finishing it and wont go back to it ever again. I rather play TLoU for the sixth time

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
I am neither a shill activist or a journalist.

They can’t get over a fake character lol. I wish my life had this level of concern that I could remain this angry this long over the death of a fake video game character. My favorite Uncle Died last year and I moved on after a couple weeks lol

Atrus

Gold Member
I’m definitely up for more Last of Us. It was a pretty long narrative but there’s plenty of areas to explore.

Should be a Tommy DLC though. He has a completely separate campaign over the course of the story.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Well there seems to be a whole lot of amnesia regarding Tess's "We're shitty people, Joel" line.
Also the fact that Joel admits to ambushing innocent people.

Yeah that happened and? I never saw it being brought up in 8 years and now it's "remember that random line Tess said and when he almost ran over that dude? Damn that was some evil shit!". Did we get pissed about it back then? No. He was celebrated.

Abby fans will cling to anything to make it make sense I guess. No matter how flimsy.

Woggleman

I mourned Eddie Van Halen more than Joel. This was a man who helped make the soundtrack to my childhood. Joel while a great character was always a complex man who in a dangerous world so it didn't shock me.

Top Bottom