• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us 2 Actor Possibly Teasing Abby DLC

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
More Joel is a hero nonsense, no one is a good person, that's the point. 😬

I'll buy it and I need to replay it at some point soon. Gotta get the Plat.

taizuke

Isn't it more likely to be something for the Factions MP thing? I mean it is THE announced TLOU2 project, after all.

My thinking as well. Could be some minor mocap sessions for co-op story missions.

I'd love to be wrong though. I say bring on whatever story DLC they got cooking for Abby.

NeoGiffer

I personally really like Abby, apart from her moment of psychopathic rage. She's soft spoken and compassionate yet rugged. Also, she has a pretty face:

WFesDTj.jpg

wZtuL1Y.gif

Blond

Banned
No one besides shill activists I mean "journalists" consider TLOU2 to be a masterpiece. The game has objectively horrible writing.

The movement alone has damn near ruined other games for me I couldn’t finish Ghost at all because of it

Illo

Maybe they realized they did Abby dirty by making her too unsympathetic like when she killed a bunch of her allies only after a day of leaving them hanging.

Or not to feel anything killing the dogs she probably helped raised.

I can see them wanting to do more justice for her. But a backstory could help, I guess? Flesh out the Wolfs leader more. IDk

yurinka

Joel is no Big Boss.
Joel is a great character and the magic of TLOU series doesn't exist without him and Ellie, or at least one of them and if possible remembering the other one.

Abby is instead a bad written trash psychopath character with zero charisma that it's a bad copy of Joel in some areas and Ellie in other ones. Plus adding some effort to make her unattractive because some sort of SJW cult decided that straight males (and more if white) are bad people and it's wrong to have pretty female characters or with traditionally female traits that may appeal straigh males.

She is in the game because they couldn't stand to have a white, cis, straight male as main character, because according to this crazy cult it's something bad or problematic. And well, because Druckmann wanted o 'subvert the expectations' like in MGS2, his favorite game ever. Something he did in a very poor, unfortunate way. Simply changing the order of how things appear in the game would have been way better, and removing the filler characters induded there just for tokenism (like the hispanic guy who look like Druckmann is there to only say 'pendejo' and to spit Joel) too.

TLOU is Ellie's story and Joel is a bit part player in it. Why devote DLC to a peripheral character when you could use the DLC as a chance to set up the third game?

I won't deny that a Joel and Tommy dlc would be a lot of fun though.
The main characters of TLOU are Joel and Ellie. They are the great characters and what makes the game special is the chemistry between them. TLOU3 with Joel going to find whatever (here the writers can do their work and introduce whatever they may find interesting) with Tommy set between TLOU1 & TLOU2 with some flashbacks showing Joel's origins and remembering moments with his daughter and with Ellie would be great.

The periphral character is Abby and they already wasted too much time with her. A good intro for TLOU3 would be Tommy torturing and killing Abby and telling someone that story about Joel. I liked Lev, I'd leave him alive but only would appear a very short period of time in my TLOU3.

Last edited:
Oh god no.

I had my time with Abby, and I enjoyed my time with her.

But fuck that.

I accepted Joel's death in the main game, and I've made my peace with it to allow a different story to take place for the sequel.

But if you're going to make a DLC, it should be about Joel and Ellie before the main story started.

Its literally what every single fan of the first game wants.

TLOU2 was your narcissistic wet dream in the shape of a video game, Neil, we let you have that.

Could you give what the fans want now?

Paracelsus

Makes sense, because to anybody with a working brain, TLOU2 was nothing but a not-so-clever way to replace Joel with Abby.
Rational people told you "don't be surprised when she's front and center on the cover of TLOU3", you wouldn't listen.

J3nga

That doesn't make sense, you play half the game for Abby and now Abby DLC? Makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
No one besides shill activists I mean "journalists" consider TLOU2 to be a masterpiece. The game has objectively horrible writing.

Guess I don’t understand modern gamers, journalists or reviewers at all. Not seeing how some questionable writing parts can make a game genuinely bad when most people seemingly agree that it does other things reasonably and extremely well.

I hear a lot of people say TLOU2 is bad because if the writing. I just don’t understand. Nintendo games aren’t exactly known for their thought-provoking stories and deep writing to my knowledge, but they are considered some of the best around by many people.

Last edited:

Hugare

Some people in here are still really salty about this game, huh?

You guys sometimes can be as cringy as the guys from Ree. The difference is that you are at the other side of the spectrum.

Acting like Druckman came to your house and kicked your dog or something.

Just let it go, Jesus.

Hope that the DLC turns out to be about Abby killing Ellie, with a minigame where you can swing at Joel, and that it sells 25 million copies, so I can hear you all scream louder

Jon Neu

Banned
More Abby filled threads incoming...

tenor.gif

Seems to me they are probably going the Spiderman MM route and they are going to launch an enhanced TLOU2 + DLC with better graphics + Factions. Late 2021 or early 2022.

Or at least that's my wishful thinking.

Jon Neu

Banned
Maybe they realized they did Abby dirty by making her too unsympathetic like when she killed a bunch of her allies only after a day of leaving them hanging.

Or not to feel anything killing the dogs she probably helped raised.

I can see them wanting to do more justice for her. But a backstory could help, I guess? Flesh out the Wolfs leader more. IDk

Imagine trying to do a DLC backstory because your incompetent writing made your token feminist character totally maniacal and unlikable despite all the cheap attempts.

Boy, you defenders really do try and dig deep don't you with the 'whataboutism' argument. :unsure:

You're putting a mid-tier game that exceeded expectations up against AAA. Also, I've never yet heard anyone compare either title in the same breath. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hah, i picked a story driven "movie game" with no actual gameplay besides choice (ie David Cage games and Super massive games) that everyone loved despite lacking gameplay and a game with great gameplay (subjective as all things are) but with a story a lot of you seem to despise, all to prove how wrong the argument of "gameplay is King" is.

I could've went with BOTW or any other Nintendo game with a shit story like Rhazer Fusion Rhazer Fusion said but i didn't.

If gameplay is King and you can skip cutscenes and you like the gameplay (most seem to since they are HYPED about Factions) then I don't see why it's a bad game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom