• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us 2 and Iron Man VR Delayed

mortal

Gold Member
the-last-of-us-ii-screenshot-03-en-us-25mar20

the-last-of-us-ii-screenshot-02-en-us-25mar20

the-last-of-us-ii-screenshot-01-en-us-25mar20

the-last-of-us-ii-screenshot-10-en-us-25mar20

the-last-of-us-ii-screenshot-11-en-us-25mar20

the-last-of-us-ii-screenshot-15-en-us-25mar20

Nintendo for sure, but I'd argue Microsoft tends to strike a nice medium with their game.

True. MS still is producing Halo/Gears/State of decay. However look at the rest of the line-up:

Cuphead, Ori, Sea of Thieves, Forza games(which are much heavily invested in compared to GTS), Flight Simulator, TUNIC, Bleeding Edge and much much more.

Bartski

Gold Member
This sucks big time. Some transitions to the home office might have been harder than others, especially here in the final stretch... I don't think the game is exactly as done as they claim but I'm sure doing the math now how the unemployment will impact sales was also a factor... This is my most anticipated game right now but I wouldn't mind it ending up a PS5 launch title

base

Banned
I don't get it. If a game goes gold it should be available the next day digitally. Why wait so long?

I’m too disappointed to even really comment.

The upcoming games are supposed to be the perfect distraction from the shit going on at the moment. Locked at home? Play games!?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I get why they'd do it, but it sucks if the games were actually ready to go. Hopefully they are at least allowed to use this extra time to work on a day 1 patch or polish the release version if it hasn't gone gold yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

mortal

Gold Member
I love zombie games, even though Days Gone is more annoying than fun, and TLOU is a cinematic game. I think those sort of games are more interesting and they give the developers for fantastical scenarios to deal with.
A bit more variety in premise would be welcome though, at least imo.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Newsflash: Pretty much every game that’s currently in development with a release date that was given before CLOVID 19 will be delayed.

People are all working from home right now, they don’t have %100 of their normal resources. On top of that, the logistical nightmare of coordinating a team of HUNDREDS (sometimes thousands) of people when your resources are limited are severaly impaired.

Brace yourselves people, the shit storm is just beginning.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
It's horrible to make note of it, but this delay hurts Sony more than Microsoft. It allows XBox 1st party to catch up.
The fact you think there games wouldnt be delayed is laughable, granted they dont have any more major releases until halo now, nut even Halo supposedly launching with the Series X can even get a huge delay thus giving little reason to own an X at launch. Soky could easily push the last of us to launch near and or on ps5 and it would sell gangbusters if you see the update with it.

mortal

Gold Member
I don't get it. If a game goes gold it should be available the next day digitally. Why wait so long?
Printing, shipping, retail. All of those aspects are impacted in some way from Coronavirus.
It makes more sense for Sony to monitor the situation rather than going forward. As things are still too chaotic with lockdown in multiple countries which are also huge markets for Sony.

I'm personally tired of SCI-FI stuff so maybe more medieval games? I don't know what else.
lol the options don't have to be so conventional. I'd prefer more unconventional premise, anything that's rarely been explored or never been explored in AAA.

Last edited:
Printing, shipping, retail. All of those aspects are impacted in some way from Coronavirus.
It makes more sense for Sony to monitor the situation rather than going forward. As things are still too chaotic with lockdown in multiple countries which are also huge markets for Sony.

lol the options don't have to be so conventional. I'd prefer more unconventional premise, anything that's rarely been explored or never been explored in AAA.
That should have given them some time to create and release MP, they shouldn't have even considered making a game with half the content of the first game.

I'd love more cosmic horror games, or more steampunk ones but it really depends. I don't even know what unconventional genres exist off the top of my head.

mortal

Gold Member
Also such a tease, they delay the game and oh here some new shots. Thats like the wife saying we not fuckn for a while and then walking around the house naked, why bruh?
I'd be more annoyed if they didn't provide a new look at the game. At least it whets the appetite, rather than just having bad news.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Makes sense not to release in the middle of a global pandemic.

I’m happy (and surprised!) that we’re at least getting the FF7 remake close to on time. Between FF7 and Xenoblade I’ll have enough stuff to keep me busy.

THIS game specifically would be TERRIBLE PR wise to release. And by this game, I mean The Last of US 2. It's literally ALL ABOUT a global pandemic that spread so fast that he help destroy the Earth's population.

TheStruggler

I'd take anything over nothing. I hate when developers deliver bad news with nothing to soften the blow.
What show were they supposed to be at this year and they said they had new gameplay to show off. Im surprised they didnt release that.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
The fact you think there games wouldnt be delayed is laughable, granted they dont have any more major releases until halo now, nut even Halo supposedly launching with the Series X can even get a huge delay thus giving little reason to own an X at launch. Soky could easily push the last of us to launch near and or on ps5 and it would sell gangbusters if you see the update with it.
Yep. I can gaurantee almost every game is going to face a delay of some sort. I have serious doubts about Halo: Infinite making XSX launch, Spencer's hour long interview with IGN that was released yesterday basically alluded to the fact that software delays are more likely than hardware delays for the XSX and that even if some of the planned software wasn't ready yet, they'd still launch the console.

To me, that was his way of saying "Even if Halo isn't ready, the console will still launch". Regardless it's a great interview and well worth watching.

prag16

Banned
Shipment problem?

At this point im sure the game is ready

They already said the game is gold awhile ago

Why dont just released it digitaly?

Theres no reason digital version should be delayed

Retail copy version can wait another day

This sucks

I was expecting this game (TLOU II not Iron Man VR)
This. This is stupid. People can use the distraction now more than ever. It's not like it's an online game in which "the launch experience" actually might matter in terms of the quality of the game.

This is dumb.

II_JumPeR_I

I guess Digital is a new concept for Sony lol
Sure sucks for the people who care about discs etc.. but when someone wants to play it so bad he could get it digital too... wouldnt hurt anyone.

SleepDoctor

Banned
More like logistical issues from that and entire studios working from home. Majority of the industry and those who I've contacted from of the smaller studios are all at home.

You can likely expect other studios to delay releases as well. I honestly would not be surprised to see Ghost of Tsushima, Cyberpunk 2077, and (those who care) Fallout 76's Wastelanders getting a delay.

That will really suck. Quarantined and no new games to look forward to. I hope not.

My tin foil hat says it's delayed so the ps5 will have a better launch line up. The other side of the argument is that waiting for November is a huge delay lol.

TheStruggler

Not understansing some of these posts, The PS5 is confrimed backwards compat with ps4, ans they said 100 games will also be enhanced for ps5, we can prob guarantee TLOU 2 will be enhanced meaning you can have your cake and eat it to by purchasing the ps4 version, then playing the enhanced version after on ps5 when you get the console. Its going to be the same game but with an upgraded patch most likely.

TheStruggler

If this is because they think it's "insensitive" to release the game now, that's freaking stupid.
Most likwly due to them not being able to fulfill physical orders being the world is in a stand still and leaving all people who physically preordered it in the dark. The next two months when the game is supposed to release will be peak most likely for the virus resulting in things still being closed and people not being able to get the game.

Vawn

Banned
Most likwly due to them not being able to fulfill physical orders being the world is in a stand still and leaving all people who physically preordered it in the dark. The next two months when the game is supposed to release will be peak most likely for the virus resulting in things still being closed and people not being able to get the game.

If that's the case, it's completely understandable.

base

Banned
My tin foil hat says it's delayed so the ps5 will have a better launch line up. The other side of the argument is that waiting for November is a huge delay lol.
So you say they can delay it because of tge coronavirus? And when is it gonna end? Some predict next year. Let them release it next year March then.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
No doubt trying to get LoU2 as a launch title for PS5 against Halo Infinite. Could backfire spectacularly.

ethomaz

Banned
Expected.
Only essential jobs are active in Brasil... retail distribution is focusing in essential goods.

TheStruggler

If that's the case, it's completely understandable.
Look at the debacle square did with FFVII staggered release, i know its an olddddd game but its new to some people and spoilers are rampant. Imagine this game being one of thee most anticipated sequels this generation and some people can get it and some cant and its spoiled for a good majority of them. Its the smart move.

Vawn

Banned
Look at the debacle square did with FFVII staggered release, i know its an olddddd game but its new to some people and spoilers are rampant. Imagine this game being one of thee most anticipated sequels this generation and some people can get it and some cant and its spoiled for a good majority of them. Its the smart move.

I know, but over the last week or so I've heard people asking (demanding) ND delay this game because they thought it is insensitive admits this outbreak. Just seemed too coincidental, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

iconmaster

Banned
Makes sense not to release in the middle of a global pandemic.

It worked well for Animal Crossing.

As I read it, the reason it was delayed was not because they don't think there's demand for it but because they can't get the team together (social distancing) for the final polishing push.

Top Bottom