• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Of Us 2 teased?

As fast as it sounds I could totally see this as one of Sony's big E3 teasers. Won't be out any time soon but you gotta ride the hype train while it's hot.

Radec

iRn7FAakpPAeo.jpg
tumblr_mgwfsxjE611qd1k74o2_1280.jpg

Bricky

Don't get too hyped. Even if it is TLOU2, which I doubt at this point, there is no way it is anywhere close to release let alone proper reveal (other than maybe a in-engine teaser at E3 or something).

Gets slightly hyped anyway

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
No way TLOU2 has a four year dev cycle. Three tops, and I wouldn't be surprised if they try for 2-2.5 years. I imagine TLOU will come in late 2015 or early 2016. Summer 2016 at the latest.

I would be very shocked if TLOU remastered did not contain a secret or not so secret sequel teaser.

The Last of Us 2 with Ellie as the main playable character? Yes please!

It's the easiest way to go. Make it set 5-10 years after TLoU,
Ellie and Joel are estranged due to his lies about the Fireflies coming out and the game is about Ellie trying to find closure on a choice she was never given the chance to make.

Ellie and Joel are estranged due to his lies about the Fireflies coming out and the game is about Ellie trying to find closure on a choice she was never given the chance to make.
Ellie knew Joel was lying.

GoaThief

Doesn't much look like Ellie to me?

Different skin, hair and facial structure. More like the voice access (who's name sadly escapes me right now) that played her but it's a little tenuous to call TLoU 2 from a possible random coincidence to be fair.

Dear god let's not go over the ending interpretation.
Because that interpretation is clearly wrong

I remember all those threads with posts about how they should not make a sequel and leave it as a one off.

Sony probably won't let that happen. Let the controlled leaks continue.

It sold 6 million copies. Anyone thinking there won't be a sequel is delusional.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
No way TLOU2 has a four year dev cycle. Three tops, and I wouldn't be surprised if they try for 2-2.5 years. I imagine TLOU will come in late 2015 or early 2016. Summer 2016 at the latest.

I would be very shocked if TLOU remastered did not contain a secret or not so secret sequel teaser.

Yeah but Uncharted was supposed to be 2014 I imagine. are they really going to release uncharted and tlou in the same year? i would imagine you need at least 9 months between the two of them.

Minions

I doubt it is Last of Us 2. Nice art though. Won't come atleast for 4 more years.

4 more years? many people think the console live cycle is 5 years... it would barely make it in.... They are going to need faster development cycles this gen since they seem to want to shorten it...

Wouldn't make sense though to have Elli? Unless they do a twist and go "she can't die because of the vaccine in her."

I'm going to assume we need to spoiler things here.

did you play the game all the way through? Ellie has a benign form of the fungus that will never progress to full on infection like everyone else. They could have taken it out of her and used it to vaccinate everyone, but this would have killed her. She should live an otherwise normal life that an uninfected person would.

Top Bottom