• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Of Us 2 teased?

Lakitu

st5fu
4 more years? many people think the console live cycle is 5 years... it would barely make it in.... They are going to need faster development cycles this gen since they seem to want to shorten it...

It would be more than four years if you factor in the possibility of Naughty Dog working on a new IP before it.

The moment when you
take over Ellie as a playable character in the "Winter" chapter
, I knew that there would have to be a TLOU game with her being the main protagonist. She is a very strong character, and It would be fantastic to have her continue to represent strong women characters in gaming today.

I hope she's 18 so i can finally start fantasizing about her.
week-in-review-dylan-obrien-ryan-seacrest.gif

Alot more potential with new characters in the same setting. Telling different stories in their own perspective. It might even be an annual franchise for all i know.

Stark

Banned
Give it to me. I want a sequel and with Ellie, as well. That is the right thing.

Also, the game definitely warranted a sequel.

Older Ellie and Maybe(?) Old man Joel? Awesome!

I don't think this game really needed a sequel. The ending was completely fine to me it didn't even seem it was even Hinting at one.

daman824

While it probably won't get announced for a while, It's hard to not believe a sequel is coming. tlou is a franchise for sony now.

AmyS

(edited)

If TLoU 2 and both Project Beast get teaser trailers during E3...I just...

Let me prepare a bit.

The Last Of Us 2 isn't real to me. I don't expect a true sequel on PS4 until fall 2017 at the soonest.

It isn't real to me yet. No way.

Now something like Project Beast, a new 'Souls game by From Software and Sony's Japan Studio ?
That's real to me, because it's highly likely the Project Beast rumor is true. Too many pieces of a puzzle are fitting together on that one. Besides, if Project Beast was fake, just a hoax, GAF would've found out by now.

Older Ellie and Maybe(?) Old man Joel? Awesome!

I don't think this game really needed a sequel. The ending was completely fine to me it didn't even seem it was even Hinting at one.
I REALLY dont want TLOU2 if Joel is alive in it. Thatd be a huge missed opportunity to focus purely on Ellie this time around.
Joel would literally be dead weight story wise

Dunkers92

Didn't want a sequel initially, but playing Left Behind made me want one so badly. Preferably a different persons story, but what am I saying, I will be there day 1!! Playing a whole game as Ellie would be epic.

Please be real!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Should've been a different story, but Ashley is so awesome to listen and see act that I ain't even mad.

Freeman

Banned
Clearly its a grown up Ellie. If this wasn't intended to be revealed now, someone else is going to be leaving ND soon.

She looks a bit older. She was what, 16 in the first game right? She looks a lot more like Ashely Johnson now too. Way too early for a sequel since they announced Uncharted PS4 first. My guess is that they are redoing the characters in the ps4 version like they did with Lara in Tomb Raider Definitive Edition.

sub_o

So will this be
  • The Last of Us 2: Kill Strain ? or
  • The Last of Us 2: Entwined ? or
  • The Last of Us 2: Bloodborne ? or
  • The Last of Us 2: Beast Souls ?

What if Ellie is only a NPC in this game, running a refugee camp and we're playing someone completely different who only happens to stumble across her?

TLoU in my veins.

Odrion

Banned
Looks like she has laugh lines, which puts her in her mid twenties then. About eight or ten years since the events of TLOU 1?

MattyG

Banned
So will this be
  • The Last of Us 2: Kill Strain ? or
  • The Last of Us 2: Entwined ? or
  • The Last of Us 2: Bloodborne ? or
  • The Last of Us 2: Beast Souls ?
The Last of Us 2: Guns Up!

Edit: Beat mercilessly multiple times and left for dead.

Phreak47

Quick, somebody start a..... oh.

We are at least meant to believe this is Ellie getting the fabled "guitar lesson".

This is about all the time I care to dedicate to this hype train until tease becomes reality.

Top Bottom