• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us has a season pass, multiplayer news imminent

I cant wait to try this damn game out, probably the most I have been looking forward to a game in a long time.

On a side note, a friend managed to blag some tickets to an event in London with Playstation Access tomorrow that’s specifically for The Last of Us. Hopefully we get a good look at the game and maybe even some multi info? Also wonder if they will catch me on camera, I will have to download the Access episode to see when it comes out 

Varth

What I can tell you right now is that, take all these things we’ve been talking about – this pressure to survive, this high lethality, this limited resources, this crafting, these upgrades – and now go head-to-head with somebody else. So that spirit that we’ve captured in the single player, you’re gonna feel it, you’re gonna really feel that in the multiplayer. And that’s really all I can say right now.

That's basically why I'm eager to try it. also, in some twisted way, it sunds a bit like old gen SOCOM.

UrbanRats

Gone all the gen without a single season pass, won't be starting now.
Besides, i don't think i'll even touch LoU's multiplayer.

ND never does SP DLC.

Unless this is includes co-op, no buy. I want details, I'm not blind buying MP maps etc... This is one aspect of ND I really hate.

You say that like they've had a game every year or something. They've only released the Uncharted franchise and one of them was so early on in the generation, season passes didn't exist nor did much dlc. They could do it for the first time with LoU, and hopefully so.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
That's basically why I'm eager to try it. also, in some twisted way, it sunds a bit like old gen SOCOM.

Yeah... I've been waiting for another Socom experience forever (it doesn't need to be dressed up in military fatigues to get the point across) and TLoU seems like it just might scratch that itch. Maybe. We'll see.

Btw... no freaking way I'm supporting season pass. Not even for Naughty Dog. Sorry guys, fuck off with that garbage.

-PXG-

So they want us to buy a season pass for the a multiplayer component that hasn't even been revealed. They're joking right

HAHAHA. Yeah, no. After getting burned with that crap Uncharted 3 Season Pass, I am so not getting this. I will love to hear about what the multiplayer is like, though.

I guess people will watch very closely the description of this season pass.

That said, I'm as uninterested in MP for this game as I'm interested in SP.

yurinka

Has Naughty Dog ever done singleplayer DLC?
No, and I don't know why.

I almost don't play multiplayer game modes in any game, so I never buy multiplayer DLC.

I'd buy single player stuff for Uncharted, like a slightly changed 'Sully SP campaign' or similar.

Marleyman

Banned
I personally think its more worthwhile to join early.

If one of you guys walked into a game as steep as starhawk now, you would get slaughtered.

The Last of Us really annoys me that they haven't showed me MP footage. I would have preordered it by now if they gave us a glimpse. I don't care about the season pass TBH.

This. That one thread recently with the guy hyping it up made me ill. Show us what the hell it is if it is so damn good.

No, and I don't know why.

I almost don't play multiplayer game modes in any game, so I never buy multiplayer DLC.

I'd buy single player stuff for Uncharted, like a slightly changed 'Sully SP campaign' or similar.
Remember that one panel where they described how they went about designing their levels and scenarios and retroactively discussed and designed a scene from UC1 that showed the transition from Drake and Elena getting back to the jeep and then flying in Sully's plane? I was really hoping that a background team finished what they had demonstrated on stage and released it for a fee. The scene made sense and would have given Navarro some more screen time. But that would have meant bringing the actors back in, rerigging everything up. Counterproductive. Which is why dlc is developed alongside the main game's production.

Edit: Basically, if SP dlc is in the works, it should be part of the main game. Unless it's an alternate character's perspective like you mentioned with Sully.

Hanmik

just had a tweet from a person who tried MP at an event in Italy...

"Disappointing event, and no MP previews.."

nooooooooooooooo

Has Naughty Dog ever done singleplayer DLC?

No, Amy said that they actually had plans for it with the original Uncharted but quickly realized how time consuming and expensive it would be to get the actors back in to do a bite sized chunk of capturing for that DLC.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

maltrain

What's the big deal here???

We know from a long time ago that The Last of Us will have MP.

And, of course, MP means "Season Pass" for Naughty Dog. So, what are the news?

(I hope MP be like DayZ in some way... survival more than action)

Top Bottom