• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us has sold 7 million copies (prior to PS4 Remastered ed.)

ClearData

It's going to be such a pleasure to hear the reactions of people who never played the Last of Us because they owned another system or otherwise didn't get the chance at the end of the month. If the reaction is large enough there could be another big sales bubble for the game and maybe it can crack 10 million.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Err yes, they do. Lets wait to see sales bomb for one of their titles before we deem the series losing a ton of steam. I think UC4 does have a chance to pass the next Halo, but Halo is certainly the likely one to outsell if X1 starts to pick up the pace now that it killed the Kinect.

i mean, i hope so. i owned a 360 last gen and really enjoyed halo 3, odst & reach.... but most people i know have moved on to cod, for better or for worse.

Man

Second best game of last gen. Well deserved.
Nothing better than this baby:
demon_soul1.jpg

1. Demon's Souls
2. The Last of Us
3. Siren Blood Curse

Jimrpg

God I want this game so much... but after buying a Wii U and 3DSXL this year i'm really skint, I'm just going to hold off a bit and wait until a 50% off discount....

RE_Player

For a new first party IP to sell that much that late in the console cycle, with the new generation on the horizon as well, is astounding. No other dev has done that to this extent.

Eliciel

It's the game of the generation in terms of storytelling, cinematics and cut as well as music and atmosphere. Believable characters and environment. Comprehensible decisions made by developers and plot development as well as ending.

Everything just comes together in the end and you feel lucky, because you're one of the 7 Million people out of the 7 billion people on earth that witnessed this masterpiece of human art. You are the 0,1%.

Jimrpg

For a new first party IP to sell that much that late in the console cycle, with the new generation on the horizon as well, is astounding. No other dev has done that to this extent.

Naughty Dog really represents Sony, just like Bungie used to for Xbox and of course the Mario and Zelda teams for Nintendo.

Top Bottom