• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: One Night Live announced (Live-performance of story)

sjay1994

1375780715357.jpg

I can't handle this.

Lmao this thread took a turn!

Epicness. I'm not sure it is saying TLOU2 as much as Neil having the future of Joel and Ellie on his mind. Perhaps hunting at a sequel ... Perhaps not.

Couldn't fathom them making TLOU2 and Uncharted 4 at the same time though. That would be an epic undertaking

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Holy crap they did a concept scene that takes place 4 years after the ending!

The scene takes place at Tommy dam one night 4 years later. Joel talks about how Tommy trying to get Joel hitched to a girl named Esther. El lies acting fairly distant, probably conflicted about joels lie. Joel then said he has a special gift for her and busts out a guitar. Then he plays a special song for her. Then he gives her guitar and promises to teach her. The scene ends with her striking a note on the guitar

uhh

@geoffkeighley 8:19 PM
The theater audience saw a special scene Neil wrote, set after the game. I'll let others describe the experience.

OH MY GOD, I'M HYPERVENTILATING. IT'S HAPPENING GUYS.

But seriously, I hope this is recorded, no description can match their acting. I WANNA SEE IT, NAUGHTY DOG.

The scene takes place at Tommy dam one night 4 years later. Joel talks about how Tommy trying to get Joel hitched to a girl named Esther. El lies acting fairly distant, probably conflicted about joels lie. Joel then said he has a special gift for her and busts out a guitar. Then he plays a special song for her. Then he gives her guitar and promises to teach her. The scene ends with her striking a note on the guitar

246.gif

xAniki88

Banned

holy shit
it's happening

my heart can't handle the feels
based druckmann

LuuKyK

Eh, I am not buying the goodbye to Ellie and Joel thing. I would bet loads of money we are getting another TLOU. It became too big of an IP to just not use it anymore. I doubt sony would just let it go like that. Maybe the next game wont be about the same characters? I dont know. We will see.

What is the origin of this?

ND artist posted it on facebook and said this afterwards:

"Lol. This is how you know you are teasing your stuff the right way. So before its gonna get blown out of proportions [SP] - its gonna be strictly personal image. Is it about TLOU2? Not really... Maybe... Its classified ;P But seriously its gonna be just a fan art ;]"

Guys, I was at the event. Maybe the other guy (can't remember name as I'm typing) I'm not sure if the scene is 4 years after the game ended, it seems like it was really soon after. He described it pretty well

TLDR

Ellie is still a bit distant, Joel sings her a song that was obviously intended for sarah, it ends with ellie a playing a bit.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Neil also said before the scene is a goodbye to Joel and ellie.

So Ellie was able to cope with Joel's lie?

This feels like an honest ending to me. While not happy, it's the best they could get in a world like this.

Cess007

So, where i pre-order TloU 2?? WHERE PEOPLE?!?!? TELL ME?!?!?

Top Bottom