• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part 2 | Abby Story Trailer

Fake

Learn more about Abby
bdd.jpg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Abby was as forgettable a character as ND has made. The girl has no redeeming qualities.

But my god her gameplay was amazing. They gave her the best setpieces, best combat moves and best encounters. God I loved playing as her. She was fucking Terminator. Wish we got to play as Joel.

FALCON_KICK

Sony ND most likely evaluating further potential for a sequel based on this IP considering TLOU2 is the most divisive game in recent history

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Sony ND most likely evaluating further potential of sequel based on this IP considering TLOU2 is the most divisive game in recent history
I'd still crown Death Stranding for that, at least he was divisive for actual game-ish reasons, and not because of its creator acting like a twat on tweeter and journos mixing politics into the discussion to dismiss criticism

Valentino

I skipped this game. This is not going to bring me back.
Okay you skipped it. You seem very attatched to anything regarding it though. Ran in here at the news of a trailer for the game you skipped.............Just curious was you? Even thought nothing will bring you back?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
God I hate the retelling of TLOU1 just to fit this games awful narrative. It's sickening, quite frankly.

It doesn't retell or revise anything whatsoever. Its entirely consistent.

Its literally impossible to finish the first game without killing the doctor.

CAB_Life

Abby was never as bad as gaf made out to be. Did people only not like her because she was a bit Manish.

Abby was never compelling enough to have earned the right to bludgeon to death the beloved lead (one of them) from the first game. That's the main issue, which is then compounded by all the SJW stuff and pandering Druckman did in the pre-release interviews. Abby murdering Joel is a betrayal to the player after all they've gone through with him. It's not subversive, it's hamfisted and done purely for shock.

c'mon she could bench press half the cunts on here and gamers dont like wimmen with bigger guns...

But is it really that unbelievable that in a post apocalyptic world where its physically demanding day to day.... That there would be 1 woman within a large group thats a bit muscley. Its not like ALL the women were like that.

I never really found her that interesting but I don't think she'd get half the criticism if they made her less muscly

AJUMP23

Okay you skipped it. You seem very attatched to anything regarding it though. Ran in here at the news of a trailer for the game you skipped.............Just curious was you? Even thought nothing will bring you back?

I thought it was a joke thread, then saw it was serious. I will pay attention to Naughty Dog again when they announce a new game. TLOU was a good game, but I wasn't really interested in more of the story, And nothing in the following years convinced me to care more. Where as Uncharted I was a couple years late coming too and regretted waiting. I would love more Uncharted, even with a new protagonist.

Top Bottom