• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part 2 | Abby Story Trailer

VulcanRaven

Yeah, it’s like getting a story trailer for Carlos in Resident Evil 3, 6 months after release, and not being a dlc

I see absolutely 0 point in this trailer
This was probably made because its Christmas soon. There are people who haven't played this yet.

Last edited:

INC

Almost makes me think we should of started with abby story in the game

Might of made that 'moment' easy to swallow

(It wouldnt)

OrionNebula

This was probably made because its Christmas soon. There are people who haven't played this yet.
And Abby would be the best choice to reel them in at this point?

Lots of people have not played Resident Evil 3, too. I don’t see a Carlos story trailer changing this - and Carlos was not hated left and right

I guess I miss the marketing genius behind this...

TriSuit666

Banned
Aww, they left the best scene out.

First rule of trailer baiting - put ALL the scenes in the trailer!

Do better, Fomy/ND. DO *clap* BETTARRRRR *clapppback*

VulcanRaven

Lots of people have not played Resident Evil 3, too. I don’t see a Carlos story trailer changing this - and Carlos was not hated left and right

I think it makes sense because Abby wasn't seen much in the previous trailers. Now they can use footage that they didn't use before. This is a lot different than the previous trailers.

Last edited:

OrionNebula

I think it makes sense because Abby wasn't seen much in the previous trailers. Now they can use footage that they didn't use before. This is a lot different than the previous trailers.
Eh... not seeing it

That’s how I see naughty dog trying to reel in new players with this trailer

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

re3 is not about carlos. tlou2 is about abby really

Keihart

Damn that was a good trailer in the style of hollywood, i mean, this trailer it's good and makes you want to see it through but it also spoils the shit out of it.
For the people that complained about the switcheroo.

Abby was never as bad as gaf made out to be. Did people only not like her because she was a bit Manish.

I dont know but I agree, she isn't nearly as bad as the cringe inducing hate here. I'd go as far as to say I found her side of the story to be pretty interesting, it was the ham fisted story telling that fucked it all up. The concept was solid.

Azurro

Banned
Wth, I thought it was DLC. I guess they really did not hit the sales numbers they wanted if they are still promoting the base game.

They should just release a patch that reveals she was trans all along, it'd make more sense that way.

Dorohedoro

Nice one OP.

0ZtGII7.jpg

LQX

I really loved this game but I really hate how they almost force you to take Abby's side. I was Team Joel and Ellie all the way to the end, and was up for some more killing if I had too.

Last edited:
The game looks really impressive but the first one bored me to tears and it just left me with no interest in playing a sequel. Give me more Uncharted, ND!

JimiNutz

Banned
Factions when?

The game had sublime gunplay, melee fighting and stealth but I can't be bothered to sit through the story again.

Hurry up and give us the online modes.

Druckman is retarded. He should have had all of the flashback sequences of Ellie and Abby lead up to the death of Joel at the climax. That or he should have just made Part II about Abby with Joel's death as the ending cliff hanger.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Did we not learn enough about Abby in the base game? No thank you.
frankly no, now with hindsight I really wish much like part 1 with Joel and Ellie, part 2 be strictly about Abby and her father during the outbreak etc. Follow them much like Ellie and Joel, however with Abby and her father. This would have fixed the pacing problems immensely. The twist at the end would be connecting both of their paths and playing as her father as from his perspective you see Joel slaughter him by shoving that knife in his neck, this the cycle of violence's starting for Abby and Part 3 would have been the climax of those two paths eventually crossing.

Lokaum D+

the first game is amazing, never played the second one, but reading some comments its looks like the game is more about some gay story then a survival pos-apocaliptico game, is that right ?

wolywood

When all the talk started about TLoU2 having a transgender character, I assumed based on the character screenshots that it was Abby. So as I was playing through the game I kept waiting (and waiting....and waiting...) for the "big reveal".

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

the first game is amazing, never played the second one, but reading some comments its looks like the game is more about some gay story then a survival pos-apocaliptico game, is that right ?
The cordyceps virus and creatures take a back seat to the human drama for sure.

EDMIX

Learn more about Abby, the other side of the emotionally-gripping story of The Last of Us Part II, as she and Ellie descend into a devastating cycle of violence fueled by vengeance.

Damn they did a good ass job with how this game looks, the most next gen looking game lol Her performance was amazing, its hard not to tear up in some of theses scenes, by the time you are done with a lot of her story, shit I wanted to kill his ass too lol

Fbh

The whole "gay" and LGBT part of the story was widely over exaggerated prior to release. It's there but it's not really the focus of the game.
If you liked the gameplay of the original you'll probably like this one as it's similar but with some new mechanics and weapons.

Personally I liked the first one a lot more. I just didn't really enjoy the story in 2, I thought the pacing was terrible and the game was just too long and got annoying towards the end. But it's not a bad game. Now that you can find it for $30 it's definitely worth checking out.

GymWolf

Damn they did a good ass job with how this game looks, the most next gen looking game lol Her performance was amazing, its hard not to tear up in some of theses scenes, by the time you are done with a lot of her story, shit I wanted to kill his ass too lol
In all onesty, some scenes in this game look as nextgen as demons remake (and beyond if we talk about characters models and animations)

Last edited:

EDMIX

Yes it does, Ellie says she was supposed to die at that hospital when she

And? That doesn't mean something is retold or revised though..... Thats very much what they intended from the very start. I don't see anything in the second game that is arguing to retell anything, its pretty clear that the first game has many elements in it that were made to be continued after.

didn't even know that dying would be a requirement to develop a vaccine when going there.

Ok...neither did Joel....thats the point. That simply argues that she didn't know that information in the first game, but the second game doesn't retell that, it reinforces that she didn't know this at first....... I don't know how that even points to something being revised btw lol

She was never asked directly if she was willing to die and she never stated that she was willing to under the conditions the Fireflies put her and Joel in.

Ok....she was lied to in the first game by Joel, he legit lies to her, sooooooo its clear something was hidden from her, omitted in his statement etc. The second game is simply a continuation of that, why would they NEED to fucking even state that in the first game? Its understood when Joel lies, that clearly....well he is lying. Her perspective is that she would have been willing to die for it if she was asked as she states that in the second game, but not having the chance to say that in the first, doesn't mean anything was fucking changed, it means they simply wanted that more so to be the theme in the second game....

Too much happens in the first game to really be out here trying to fucking pretend that was some quick change in the sequel or something.

TLOU2 does seem to frame Joel's actions as dooming the world

Ok....so does the first game. What he does to doom the world happens in the first game my friend, we are just going over it MORE in the sequel as they have more time to talk about the actions of the fucking ENDING of the first.

So they are going to "frame" it that way because clearly something happened in THE FIRST GAME to even talk about that. Many of us debated his actions even before the second game was ever announced.

as in part 1 that was left more in the open for the player to interpret.

The same is done in part 2, sorry but no one banned you from having a open interpretation of his actions in the second game or something. He is simply paying for the consequences of those actions. It doesn't change that he did what he did in part 1, you are allowed to view that as just if you want bud, the sequel doesn't magically take that view point away from you like a lobotomy or something. You are free to think he was just and free to have a open view on the mater.....doesn't change his actions and doesn't change that someone would come looking for him.

If you could come on here months after the game's release and still share a view on his actions, you literally are proving that its very much open for you to view it differently. No one is locking you out of having a different view.

EDMIX

That trailer is in 60fps. I wonder if it means anything?

I think they are planning a PS5 patch reveal and MP reveal. Maybe at the game awards. I can't wait to play this title for a 4th time lol

Its a game that grows on you. I wanted to play with the new update, but was busy with lots of other games. Cyberpunk 2077 around the corner, I might play it again later next year on PS5.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The doctor who changes ethnicity, in the room which is vastly upgraded in TLOU2 flashbacks to not being a grubby hole, to push the narrative of Fireflys being saviours rather than terrorists whom are on the brink of collapse. That doctor? The doctor who had given-up already, and was just going to cut up Ellie regardless, instead of super surgeon who was assured to be equipped to save the human race if it wasn't for that pesky Joel, that doctor, right?

None of this is relevant at all, and half of it isn't even factual.

The important thing is that every character, in both games, is shown to be flawed and human. They make choices that seem like the right thing at the time but mostly out of desperation, because desperation is the survivor's mindset in a dystopia.

I really don't get how some people are oblivious to the idea that characters should have their own perspective of themselves and their moral places in the world, and should act appropriately based on that understanding.

Your perspective as the player affords you the ability to see both sides' viewpoints in a way that the participants don't. So if you want to pass judgement on the "truth" of characterization you need to judge based on what they know, not what you know.

Last edited:
W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
OK... is Abby trans or not?

I ask because during the sex scene they certainly made her look like she had a man's chest.

Muscular women still have boobs. Abby doesn't.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Muscular women still have boobs. Abby doesn't.

Implants. Padded Bra's etc. Bodybuilding doesn't make women's tits bigger, it only seemingly has that effect on dudes because when they come off their roid cycle their natural production of Testosterone has flatlined and can result in a relative surplus of female hormones, producing feminizing effects.

Its why estrogen suppressors are treated as banned substances by USADA and the like. They aren't PED's but they do indicate their use because the only people who use these drugs are breast cancer survivors and guys looking to avoid developing "bitch tits" following steroid use.

Top Bottom