• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II first hands-on previews, screenshots, and gameplay

Valentina is a martial artist, she use skill to fick man up, the girls from tlou probably use melee weapon and brute strenght to fuck people up, they need that extra muscles and weight.

In a strenght confrontation, valentina would lose against a bigger man, you can't always use martial arts in real world when mens have melee weapon and they want to kill you...have you watched tlou2 gameplay? Sometimes ellie needs to push away bigger mans, you can't do that without muscles...
dude i'm not talking about ellie, i'm talking about the trailer with the Asian trans kid, and ellies mom, she looks like she will be playable she's way buffer then ellie.

Last edited:

GymWolf

dude i'm not talking about ellie, i'm talking about the trailer with the Asian trans kid, and ellies mom, she looks like she will be playable she's way buffer then ellie.
Is the same thing, my point was that muscolar women in a world like this when they probably fight almost every day is the last woke problem of the game.

sometimes complaining is valid, but most of it is just bitching. But in the end its just about money, companies are racing to untapped markets.

when you walk out into the real world and you see a asian trans person.... do you hope your life fails? Is god pushing an agenda too? People with these lifestyles exist. They walk, they eat, just like you do. They play games and some even make all the stupid games we play, It‘s a game.

Im not upset about the Asian trans kid. i'm more upset at there agenda it's so bad that they wanna get rid of iconic characters like joel and, drake and replace them with females. imagine your a batman game and get replaced by batwoman, or a MGS game being replaced by raiden which people were very upset about including me.

Is the same thing, my point was that muscolar women in a world like this when they probably fight almost every day is the last woke problem of the game.

Its not realistic at all though, woman are not genetically built to have big muscles, and especially in apocalyptic world where food is scarce, most woman in the ufc look like men for a reason, they probably have high testosterone, and work out 24/7.

hunthunt

Banned
Im not upset about the Asian trans kid. i'm more upset at there agenda it's so bad that they wanna get rid of iconic characters like joel and, drake and replace them with females. imagine your a batman game and get replaced by batwoman, or a MGS game being replaced by raiden which people were very upset about including me.

Is this some kind of joke post or astroturfing directly from Naughty Dog?

Because dude, with all respect thise arguments are really dumb for an adult person. If you are a kid this game is not for you, period.

Is this some kind of joke post or astroturfing directly from Naughty Dog?

Because dude, with all respect thise arguments are really dumb for an adult person. If you are a kid this game is not for you, period.

joke post about what? People were upset when snake got replaced by raiden. naughty dog has hinted already they are replacing drake with his daughter, and joel is being replaced. sure you might not care, but many people loved playing as joel, as i'm sure many loved playing as drake. maybe you act like an adult and understand not everyone thinks like you. I was disappointed when i knew joel wouldn't be playable, and watching the reasons why made be upset.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Its not realistic at all though, woman are not genetically built to have big muscles, and especially in apocalyptic world where food is scarce, most woman in the ufc look like men for a reason, they probably have high testosterone, and work out 24/7.
Women in TLOU's apocalyptic world have to survive against runners, bloaters, stalkers, etc you would get stronger too :)

nobody replaced anyone. Unless you want drake to jump like mario till he’s 60 like Indiana Jones. He ran his course. Smaller side character sequels is probably the way they go from here. Or a uncharted 1 prequel. If you didnt think a sequel of TLOU wasnt going to be all about ellie, dont know what game you played. But youre right if they were replaced by males i would also feeel so much better. Why couldnt Ellie be a boy. Darn it. Atleast we got lucky with God of War. They killed his daughter the first game. But what if Alloy from Horizon has a girl!..

wintersouls

Well, it's based on what Druckman said about the game, about his reason for creating it. And although you state that I shouldn't judge the game just because "one of the characters" is driven by anger and revenge, that is not "one of the characters," it's the main/lead character, around whom the game is centered.

I acknowledge that this is just my impression. However, that is all anyone has, at this point, including those who are expressing very enthusiastic views.

I'll play the game eventually. But my initial impression is that I wouldn't enjoy its thematic focus (the effects of violence) or the main character's motivation (anger, revenge). The alleged wokeness is also a bit off-putting, although that's secondary.

Anyhow, I'm likely to wait for a while before picking it up. I'll be following impressions and reviews.

Anger, revenge and hate are part of the human condition. I personally am glad that a study has decided to portray it and show what its consequences are.

I have a doubt, I do not understand what I underline in bold, I am sorry but my English is not quite perfect, I am learning.

Hobbygaming

I'm sure ellie mom is a dedicated body builder lifter in the end of the world, where people can't even eat. back to the point 99% of females can't achieve that build it's extremely rare and like you said she would have to be a dedicated to it . it's another one of naught dog agenda. it's even rumored that's joel, and he found himself.
These people hunt for food and eat a lot of deer, rabbit, etc this also helps the argument of how they can develop muscle, that's a lot of protein. And when you're doing strenuous work like fighting inflected and other enemies you get toned or muscles

Hobbygaming

it's no secret though 99% of body builders use steroids.

There's no proof of this ridiculous claim

nobody replaced anyone. Unless you want drake to jump like mario till he’s 60 like Indiana Jones. He ran his course. Smaller side character sequels is probably the way they go from here. Or a uncharted 1 prequel. If you didnt think a sequel of TLOU wasnt going to be all about ellie, dont know what game you played. But youre right if they were replaced by males i would also feeel so much better. Why couldnt Ellie be a boy. Darn it. Atleast we got lucky with God of War. They killed his daughter the first game. But what if Alloy from Horizon has a girl!..

umm uncharted is huge series. snake never got killed off,, tomb raider never got killed and replaced by her male son, come on get real. most iconic characters never killed off, and replaced.

There's no proof of this ridiculous claim

it's common sense. they are allowed to take steroids how are you gonna compete in body building if you dont take steroids? while everyone else does. it also doesn't matter what they do, girls are not genetically made to have muscle like a man. the girls that do have a level of testosterone which is rare or are taking steroids.

Hobbygaming

it's common sense. they are allowed to take steroids how are you gonna compete in body building if you dont take steroids? while everyone else does. it also doesn't matter what they do, girls are not genetically made to have muscle like a man. the girls that do have a level of testosterone which is rare or are taking steroids.
Where's the proof that all of them are juicing?

Where's the proof that all of them are juicing?

stop pretending to be stupid or act like you don't know anything about life. you think this shit is natural?

9f295e4920c9077f34396c1c51f183c5.jpg

Humdinger

I have a doubt, I do not understand what I underline in bold, I am sorry but my English is not quite perfect, I am learning.

No problem. You're refering to my sentence, "The alleged wokeness is also a bit off-putting, although that's secondary."

By "wokeness," I'm referring to the way Naughty Dog features a lesbian as a main character and a lesbian relationship as a central part of the main story. They also put those things up front in some of their marketing, as if to draw attention to them. "Woke" would mean pushing a "social justice" agenda, where people's race, gender, sexual orientation and so forth take center stage and become more important than who they are as individuals.

When I say "alleged," that's a legal term that means "accused or charged, but not convicted." In other words, some people accuse the game of being "woke," but I'm not sure it deserves to be "convicted" of that. I don't know if it is guilty of the charge.

"Off-putting" means I'm repelled or repulsed by it; I don't like it. But "that's secondary" means it's not a big deal, not a primary motivator for me. My main reasons for waiting on the game are the ones I mentioned earlier, related to the theme and the main character's motivation.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I didn't really think the story or gameplay in the first game were anything great. I've been watching this one here and there because the E3 tech seemed impressive. The new videos don't look like they are on that level. It still looks like one of the better games this generation though.

bRacing

Banned
The game looks really interesting, but I'm personally not interested in buying anymore PS4 games with PS5 months away. There's no way there wont be a remaster or an enhanced version later.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yeah but let me ask you this, is a skinny girl able to beat the shit out of grown up man more realistic and less woke than a muscolar woman beating adult mens?

Isn't the anti-woke people who cringe every time they see a skinny girl beating adult mens?

Like i say, if giving muscles to ellie and her mother means that i can have the same physical brutal melee fight like in tlou1, i'm fucking ok with this.

Last edited:

wintersouls

No problem. You're refering to my sentence, "The alleged wokeness is also a bit off-putting, although that's secondary."

By "wokeness," I'm referring to the way Naughty Dog features a lesbian as a main character and a lesbian relationship as a central part of the main story. They also put those things up front in some of their marketing, as if to draw attention to them. "Woke" would mean pushing a "social justice" agenda, where people's race, gender, sexual orientation and so forth take center stage and become more important than who they are as individuals.

When I say "alleged," that's a legal term that means "accused or charged, but not convicted." In other words, some people accuse the game of being "woke," but I'm not sure it deserves to be "convicted" of that. I don't know if it is guilty of the charge.

"Off-putting" means I'm repelled or repulsed by it; I don't like it. But "that's secondary" means it's not a big deal, not a primary motivator for me. My main reasons for waiting on the game are the ones I mentioned earlier, related to the theme and the main character's motivation.

I finally understand. Thank you very much for taking your time to explain everything to me.

About the sexuality of the Ellie I think it is the most natural thing in the world. I do not give importance.

Last edited:
Yeah but let me ask you this, is a skinny girl able to beat the shit out of grown up man more realistic and less woke than a muscolar woman beating adult mens?

Isn't the anti-woke people who cringe every time they see a skinny girl beating adult mens?

Like i say, if giving muscles to ellie and her mother means that i can have the same physical brutal melee fight like in tlou1, i'm fucking ok with this.

ellie looks like a athletic woman thats work out. the mom looked like a female on steroids or very high testosterone . I would take The ellie option, in the end most of the fighting is with weapons so not sure what difference it's gonna make, the whole point of making her buff with manly features is making her look like a lesbian wanna be man type, and the Asian guy is trans he's modeled after him with his voice, it's pushing the woke movement hard, well that's how entertainment is today, what can you do.

StormCell

And it is most definitely a strategy of the "woke" agenda. It's what these people do when they want to get something woke in front of viewers who won't willingly opt to watch a show about gays or lesbians. First, they treat you to a brilliant work of art (part 1, season 1, etc) where the creator had no interference in the production, but then comes season 2 and the wokeness is there, and it's front, and it's center, and it ain't going away.

It's what they do, so that they get you to accept it against your moral will. I'd rather they just leave the creators alone and not try to shoehorn these values into stuff that otherwise would have nothing to do with the agenda.

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
I really would like to meet with some of you in real life based on just your posts in here. Women can't have muscles because they're built different?

Last edited:
I really would like to meet with some of you in real life based on just your posts in here. Women can't have muscles because they're built different?

Nobody said that. woman can get muscles they just don't muscular body's like men. for example this is most likely steroids use, how many woman have you seen in your life that muscular. this is the body being used for ellies mom.

yr26wic7a8411.png

Last edited:
umm uncharted is huge series. snake never got killed off,, tomb raider never got killed and replaced by her male son, come on get real. most iconic characters never killed off, and replaced.
Yet Metal Gear has games without Solid Snake. Just like one DLC Uncharted game doesnt have drake. Neither Drake or Joel are dead. Never mind that Ellie is the main subject of TLOU. Tomb raider been rebooted like 4 times. Naughty Dog isnt going to reboot either title. But YES OMG SJW. The terror.

Yet Metal Gear has games without Solid Snake. Just like one DLC Uncharted game doesnt have drake. Neither Drake or Joel are dead. Never mind that Ellie is the main subject of TLOU. Tomb raider been rebooted like 4 times. Naughty Dog isnt going to reboot either title. But YES OMG SJW. The terror.

snake has been in every mainline MGS game. Some kind version of him anyway, lara croft is still lara coft, they changed her looks because of more powerful hardware. Aside from that if you played uncharted 4 it was clear they intended to replace him with his daughter. Here we are with the last of us 2 where joel has had 0 love so far,

Tripolygon

Banned
Nobody said that. woman can get muscles they just don't muscular body's like men. for example this is most likely steroids use, how many woman have you seen in your life that muscular. this is the body being used for ellies mom.
You did in fact say that.
Nobody gets big muscles just by existing. You have to exercise and eat properly to get big muscles. Yes men produce greater amounts of testosterone which help in muscular development but that alone is not the only factor. I'm not a muscular man, but I am toned because my daily job keeps me very active. Anybody man or woman can develop tone and or muscular physique from proper diet and exercise or being very physically active. Easier for men? Sure but not much more difficult for women.

Last edited:
I bet that in a world like this most women would remain close to home to take care of the kids and protect them. Women are too valuable to spare, men are by definition expandable, they can go on patrol or reconnaissance missions, you need only 1 to repopulate the planet, a women can only be inseminated so many times in her lifetime, especially in hard conditions like this, things get though for everyone, all the time.

Obviously Ellie can be an exception, there are plenty of strong women throughout history.

Also, this is not completely "SJW" like, we see women doing pretty mean things to one another, so I guess this is equal opportunity.

I'm cautiously enthusiastic about the game.

Also, Elie is trembling, does it mean she is now feeling some side effects of the infection?

GymWolf

I bet that in a world like this most women would remain close to home to take care of the kids and protect them. Women are too valuable to spare, men are by definition expandable, they can go on patrol or reconnaissance missions, you need only 1 to repopulate the planet, a women can only be inseminated so many times in her lifetime, especially in hard conditions like this, things get though for everyone, all the time.

Obviously Ellie can be an exception, there are plenty of strong women throughout history.

Also, this is not completely "SJW" like, we see women doing pretty mean things to one another, so I guess this is equal opportunity.

I'm cautiously enthusiastic about the game.

Also, Elie is trembling, does it mean she is now feeling some side effects of the infection?
We don't know the backstory about his mother, we don't know why she is a warrior.

I think the chick is trembling because of the adrenaline while killing a shitload of people, what scene are you talkimg about?

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Female MMA fighters are tested frequently.

Kayla Harrison

20191231084253_20191231_PFL_10_FN_Social02312.JPG

Colleen Fotsch (the model for TLOU character) competes in cross-fit competition and they tested for banned substance.

The CrossFit Games are the world’s premier and definitive test of fitness. To protect the integrity of the competition and its athletes, CrossFit works hard to ensure a level playing field, in part by creating and enforcing the guidelines outlined in the Rulebook, and in part by strongly enforcing an anti-doping policy—an absolute necessity in order to crown the Fittest on Earth.

Colleen Fotsch competes in crossfit completions, a sport where they test frequently.

Colleen Fotsch is a three-time regional competitor best known for her first-place finish worldwide in Open Workout 15.5, when she finished the 144-rep couplet of rowing and thrusters in 6:26, faster than any woman in the world. A former collegiate swimmer at the University of California, Berkeley, five-time All-American and current coach at NorCal Crossfit, Fotsch’s best regional was her seventh-place finish at the California Regional in 2016.

Last edited:
You did in fact say that.

Nobody gets big muscles just by existing. You have to exercise and eat properly to get big muscles. Yes men produce greater amounts of testosterone which help in muscular development but that alone is not the only factor. I'm not a muscular man, but I am toned because my daily job keeps me very active. Anybody man or woman can develop tone and or muscular physique from proper diet and exercise or being very physically active. Easier for men? Sure but not much more difficult for women.

Dude even if a girl works out and does proper diet the majority will not develop a man's muscular physique.

Female MMA fighters are tested frequently.

Kayla Harrison

20191231084253_20191231_PFL_10_FN_Social02312.JPG

Colleen Fotsch (the model for TLOU character) competes in cross-fit competition and they tested for banned substance.

Colleen Fotsch competes in crossfit completions, a sport where they test frequently.

only UFC does tests. PFL doesn't.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
exactly my point. 99% of woman can work out but there body's don't become like this, with out taking steroids or have a manly level of testosterone.

Colleen+BBW+Website.jpeg
colleen-fotsch-1-images-001.jpg

Where's your source to back this up?

And don't post some comment on a random forum post.

Where's your source to back this up?

And don't post some comment on a random forum post.

My source is real life bro. You post a pic a girl that looks exactly like a man. i told you before its rare sometimes they get high testosterone where you can see manly features every where, most of the time they do it themselves, and there ways to cheat and bypass drug testing its been done before, so technology now is very advanced .

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
My source is real life bro. You post a pic a girl that looks exactly like a man. i told you before its rare sometimes they get high testosterone where you can see manly features every where, most of the time they do it themselves, and there ways to cheat and bypass drug testing its been done before, so technology now is very advanced .

Here go you buddy, common fucking sense.

Dude, posting random forum post isn't going to work. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

You even tried to use Serena as example and you used her breast as a counter point without knowing she has implants.

There's a huge difference between those who compete throughout the year vs women who compete once or twice a year.

Last edited:
Dude, posting random forum post isn't going to work. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

You even tried to use Serena as example and you used her breast as a counter point without knowing she has implants.

There's a huge difference between those who compete throughout the year vs women who compete once or twice a year.

steroids is something you can clearly see, most woman that look like a men did it to themselves, or have high testosterone which is rare. Anyway you don't have a eye for it all you have to is go to a gym and look how many woman do you see like that? anyway i'm done wasting my done you probably think this is natural as well.

1559686861_060619h-oa-bodybuilder-mike-o-hearn_gs_t400_h840a1e6f48d4ad99feaf292112fc8dbdd8dbf03d.jpg

Top Bottom