• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II first hands-on previews, screenshots, and gameplay

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
TLOU 2 is about to be amazing
5lNbLcD.jpg

has no deep,only exist to say " Hey,look to us,we embrace diversity"(the same can be said about Apex Legends).I hate when this shit is forced
This is always forced in some way, if that wa about "embracing diversity" characters would not need to change all the time. This is everywhere and the intent is mostly based in jealousy and a desire for some kind of payback, in the name of groups that are or are percieved as "victimized" (funnily enough from people who are pretty well off most of the time).

The problem is that it becomes forced when people know that those in power want this, they want their diversity points, they will have their scripts/art/etc. checked by a "diversity and inclusion consultant", so the easy thing is to remove all the "non diversity and inclusion characters", which happens to be only the hetero white dudes... as I said many times, there would't be so much backlash if a random homeless white dude was not considered as an oppressor to the amir of Quatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, and if the ideology did not have obvious contradictions (as an example, it literally leads to communities being segregated on university campusses because every groups are somehow expected to only want to be with their kins, because nobody else could possibly understand their most basic human traits if they are different).

So on and so forth, this is what puts people off, and sometimes will push them far right as a reaction (if you're white you are not welcome at all, especially guys, if you are mixed race and don't follow the doctrine you are too white, if you are a feminist and believe men and women are not the same thing... well you get the boot too, etc.). Any ideology based on the intersectionnal tables cannot be inclusive, it leads to people acting really bad thowards whoever does not follow the current trend in that group, etc.

table-of-diversity.png

When you have that many categories you should just resort to trying to know people for who they are, this is closer to mystic ideas like the astrological signs than actual science.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I knew we would play as ellie. i thought It would be 50/50 joel and ellie. i knew ellie was gay because of the DLC, but it wasn't the main focus of the game, like this one was. the first trailer has ellie and a girl making out like who the fuck ever started a videogame trailer with even a woman and a man making out, nobody cares we see this shit in movies everyday. this video explains well.
Like I said, do what you have to, if the content of the game disturbers you that much then talk with your money and don’t buy it, me other hand it really doesn’t bother so I will buy it day one because I like the pervious game.

You guys making this more complicated and tiring than it looks.

Last edited:
Like I said, do what you have to, if the content of the disturbers you that much then talk with your money and don’t buy it, me other hand it really doesn’t bother so I will buy day one because I like the pervious game.

You guys making this more complicated and tiring it looks.
I'm still waiting to see if joel is playable, for a good deal of the game or a second playthrough or ill pick it up when its 19.99 or something.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
They can. I'm not interested in playing it though. The problem with this the game started off about joel and ellie, after the game became highly successful now they wanna changed it to a political narrative about feminism and supporting LGBT movement. Ill still get the game eventually but i never would have bought it in the first place if it started the series the way part 2 is.

This game would be political if the entire narrative was based on how lesbians are being mistreated or equality and there's nothing that even suggest that's going to be the case.

I said before that if X-Men was created today, people would complain about it being too political and try to force a narrative since many of the storylines were created based on the civil rights movement.

You see things on both sides.
One side you see people complaining that a film or movie is not diverse enough and then you have the other side complaining that a film is trying to be too "woke". There's a big difference between what the Batwoman show is doing compared to The Last of Us Part II.

Justin9mm

The new stuff shown looks really good. It's making me want to finally play through the original.

I've had the PS4 remaster for over a year and keep putting it off.

Fuck it, time to fire it up.
It's much better than the original, better textures and 60fps at least on the Pro. Finished originally on PS3 and had an even funner time on the Remastered version.

This game would be political if the entire narrative was based on how lesbians are being mistreated or equality and there's nothing that even suggest that's going to be the case.

I said before that if X-Men was created today, people would complain about it being too political and try to force a narrative since many of the storylines were created based on the civil rights movement.

You see things on both sides.
One side you see people complaining that a film or movie is not diverse enough and then you have the other side complaining that a film is trying to be too "woke". There's a big difference between what the Batwoman show is doing compared to The Last of Us Part II.

Did you watch the video i posted?

Anyway to me so far the game looks like love letter to LGBT. first trailer woman that is built like a muscular man, with manly features kick ass with the help of a very feminine looking asian guy not sure if he was a guy or girl. trailer suggests she will be playable. second trailer lesbians kissing and sharing there feelings with awesome gameplay. mean while joel the main protag in last of us will probably not be playable because he's viewed as a toxic male from naughty dog. there other game suggests that the new uncharted will be a female lead. lets not forget the black lady in uncharted 4 how she kicks your ass and makes you like a total loser through out the whole game. basically the most power character by far in the uncharted series

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Anyway to me so far the game looks like love letter to LGBT. first trailer woman that is built like a muscular man, with manly features kick ass with the help of a very feminine looking asian guy not sure if he was a guy or girl. trailer suggests she will be playable. second trailer lesbians kissing and sharing there feelings with awesome gameplay. mean while joel the main protag in last of us will probably not be playable because he's viewed as a toxic male from naughty dog. there other game suggests that the new uncharted will be a female lead. lets not forget the black lady in uncharted 4 how she kicks your ass and makes you like a total loser through out the whole game. basically the most power character by far in the uncharted series

I watched the video months ago.

What the video also left out is that Neil first designed female characters to be sexualized and that changed after having a daughter. He wanted to have a role model for his daughter and that's his influence for designing female characters.

first trailer woman that is built like a muscular man, with manly features kick ass with the help of a very feminine looking asian guy not sure if he was a guy or girl. trailer suggests she will be playable. second trailer lesbians kissing and sharing there feelings with awesome gameplay.

That's like saying every woman who lifts has manly features. If you read Ellie's mom's letter in the Last of Us, then you would know that her mother has a tough\arrogant personality and that's likely what went into her design. This is why Ellie has some of the same features.

There's actually people who like to make female characters and it's like people start complaining whenever they don't have any ultra feminine qualities. I don't see no one complaining about Dead or Alive and it's for obvious reasons. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

basically the most power character by far in the uncharted series

Wrong.

Zoran_Lazarevic_Uncharted_2_render.jpg

From what I see, people who complain about the lack of diversity of films are no different than those complaining about a game being too woke whenever there's a character like Nadine in the series.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

Oh c'mon the Asian kid Lev is clearly a boy and Joel is not portrayed as a toxic male. There's also the Asian girl that doesn't appear to have a lot of muscle definition and neither doesn't Dina

I watched the video months ago.

What the video also left out is that Neil first designed female characters to be sexualized and that changed after having a daughter. He wanted to have a role model for his daughter and that's his influence for designing female characters.

That's like saying every woman who lifts has manly features. If you read Ellie's mom's letter in the Last of Us, then you would know that her mother has a tough\arrogant personality and that's likely what went into her design. This is why Ellie has some of the same features.

There's actually people who like to make female characters and it's like people start complaining whenever they don't have any ultra feminine qualities. I don't see no one complaining about Dead or Alive and it's for obvious reasons. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Wrong.

Zoran_Lazarevic_Uncharted_2_render.jpg

From what I see, people who complain about the lack of diversity of films are no different than those complaining about a game being too woke whenever there's a character like Nadine in the series.

Dude you actually get to beat that guy in uncharted 2. in uncharted 4 you can't put up a fight, you get demolished even when drake and sully or his brother by the end the game you still get beat up. trying to show how females are just superior fighters

as for the the girl in the video less then 1% of females have that kind of body, they have to be taking steroids or transgender

Oh c'mon the Asian kid Lev is clearly a boy and Joel is not portrayed as a toxic male. There's also the Asian girl that doesn't appear to have a lot of muscle definition and neither doesn't Dina

watch the trailer that clearly sounds like a woman voice, maybe a transgender character.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Dude you actually get to beat that guy in uncharted 2. in uncharted 4 you can't put up a fight, you get demolished even when drake and sully or his brother by the end the game you still get beat up. trying to show how females are just superior fighters

as for the the girl in the video less then 1% of females have that kind of body, they have to be taking steroids or transgender

Colleen Fotsch (left) is the body model that was used for the woman in the trailer.
IMG_0219.jpg

There's many female body builders and I'm not sure why you think they need to be men or all juiced up on steroids to be in this shape.

Celeste Bonin
celeste-16.jpg

Natasha Aughey
18954758_661507894034808_4205649803863965234_o.jpg

you get demolished even when drake and sully or his brother by the end the game you still get beat up. trying to show how females are just superior fighters

Yeah, and no one said crap when Hit-Girl (probably not even a teen in this movie) was beating up and killing grown men. I'm also sure this would be considered "woke" and pushing politics if the movie was released today.
latest

The "tough girl" that beats up men isn't anything new. It's also more believable that Nadine would beat up Drake since she's a trained mercenary. These type of characters have been in movies for years and now people want to say it's a new political movement. Yes, there's time where it seems really cheesy, but complaining about Nadine is just ridiculous.

Colleen Fotsch (left) is the body model that was used for the woman in the trailer.
IMG_0219.jpg

There's many female body builders and I'm not sure why you think they need to be men or all juiced up on steroids to be in this shape.

Celeste Bonin
celeste-16.jpg

Natasha Aughey
18954758_661507894034808_4205649803863965234_o.jpg

Yeah, and no one said crap when Hit-Girl (probably not even a teen in this movie) was beating up and killing grown men. I'm also sure this would be considered "woke" and pushing politics if the movie was released today.
latest

The "tough girl" that beats up men isn't anything new. It's also more believable that Nadine would beat up Drake since she's a trained mercenary. These type of characters have been in movies for years and now people want to say it's a new political movement. Yes, there's time where it seems really cheesy, but complaining about Nadine is just ridiculous.

Dude you gotta be fucking kidding those girls are on steroids so hard there tits are becoming manly chests and the jawline is changing to a manly one which is common for steroid use, that's not natural, womans tits just don't become manly chests .

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Dude you gotta be fucking kidding those girls are on steroids so hard there tits are becoming manly chests and the jawline is changing to a manly one which is common for steroid use, that's not natural, womans tits just don't become manly chests .

serena-williams-post.jpg

So Serena must be on steroids, right?

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
This is my first time seeing some of this footage. That looks amazing and fun. Almost hard to believe that a PS4 is cranking that out.

PanzerAzel

Nope. Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope.

On a media blackout for this one, the last footage I saw was at last E3. Want to go into this one relatively fresh.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
those looks like regular woman tits. the other woman literately have a huge manly chest. its extremely rare for woman to a have that kinda build most body builders use steroids its a well known fact.

Serena has implants. You're going nowhere with this one. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Serena has implants. You're going nowhere with this one. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

it's no secret though 99% of body builders use steroids.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
it's no secret though 99% of body builders use steroids.

You're getting desperate at this point by pulling up a user quote from Quora.

I posted a tweet showing how Serena Williams is actively being tested and passed.

The user also says, "steroids as do a large amount of professional athletes of any sport."

He doesn't realize athletes are tested frequently and many of them are caught. Based on his logic, every single athlete would have been suspended.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
This thread is getting derailed. I can post pictures of other women who are tested recently and you're still going to claim they're all on steroids. No point debating this any further.

Last edited:
You're getting desperate at this point by pulling up a user quote from Quora.

I posted a tweet showing how Serena Williams is actively being tested and passed.

The user also says, "steroids as do a large amount of professional athletes of any sport."

He doesn't realize athletes are tested frequently and many of them are caught. Based on his logic, every single athlete would have been suspended.

IFBB Pro bodybuilders don't get tested. they are allowed to take steroids. as for serena willams i did say it was extremely rare, she looks like a straight man. usually in woman high testosterone which is rare.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
IFBB Pro bodybuilders don't get tested. they are allowed to take steroids. as for serena willams i did say it was extremely rare, she looks like a straight man.
I posted a few females who get tested frequently and they would have been suspended if tested positive. There's a lot of women who can achieve a similar form if they dedicate their life to body building. There's women who take steroids since they're unable build similar bodies.

But I'm not going to continue this goalpost moving debate anymore. lol

I posted a few females who get tested frequently and they would have been suspended if tested positive. There's a lot of women who can achieve a similar form if they dedicate their life to body building. There's women who take steroids since they're unable build similar bodies.

But I'm not going to continue this goalpost moving debate anymore. lol
I'm sure ellie mom is a dedicated body builder lifter in the end of the world, where people can't even eat. back to the point 99% of females can't achieve that build it's extremely rare and like you said she would have to be a dedicated to it . it's another one of naught dog agenda. it's even rumored that's joel, and he found himself.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm sure ellie mom is a dedicated body builder lifter in the end of the world, where people can't even eat. back to the point 99% of females can't achieve that build it's extremely rare and like you said she would have to be a dedicated to it . it's another one of naught dog agenda. it's even rumored that's joel, and he found himself.
For fuck sake, I’m so fucking tired hearing about “agenda” this “agenda” that BS, why can’t devs make story they want to make? what so fucking wrong about it? I dont ever want see any devs back up from story they want to make because of scream of bunch of random people on internet.

I support devs freedom to make what they want to make, I don’t give less fuck how many people get offended by it! These day people get offended by almost everything these days.

makaveli60

I was wondering if you can explain in detail as I havent watched anything apart from the initial gameplay trailer that was knifing the bold guy etc.

I remember the A.i chaned alot from first to what was released. What has changed from the initial gameplay trailer till now? Animations, interactiions with environment when fighting Or hiding etc? I dont want to watch the new trailers but wondering if you can tell me so i wont be dissapointed.

I really want to keep the game for surprise just like I havent watched any FF7 remake trailers since announcement lol
I'll try but it won't be as good as if you watched them. So in the E3 demo for example Ellie attacks a guy then a second one comes from behind and grabs her and this happens so seamlessly, like the animations are perfect, comparable to a CG movie it's unlike any game we've seen yet, no jerky animations etc. Or the last scene in the shop, basically all that gameplay is full of moments like this which are just not present in the new gameplay at all. This was the reason I was so excited, the graphics are top notch of course but they said this was their new animation system and it looked to good to be true but I wanted to believe this is how the game will play, especially that we are talking about Naughty Dog here. Yes, we can't say for certain that it won't be like that in the final game, but then why aren't these present in these gameplays?

I'll try but it won't be as good as if you watched them. So in the E3 demo for example Ellie attacks a guy then a second one comes from behind and grabs her and this happens so seamlessly, like the animations are perfect, comparable to a CG movie it's unlike any game we've seen yet, no jerky animations etc. Or the last scene in the shop, basically all that gameplay is full of moments like this which are just not present in the new gameplay at all. This was the reason I was so excited, the graphics are top notch of course but they said this was their new animation system and it looked to good to be true but I wanted to believe this is how the game will play, especially that we are talking about Naughty Dog here. Yes, we can't say for certain that it won't be like that in the final game, but then why aren't these present in these gameplays?

Yea it's pretty obvious it was downgraded its like a night and day difference.

Dacon

Banned
Hurr durr all body builders and athletes use steroids!

Saying stupid shit like that goes to show just how little the people that say this know, because they've never participated in any of these activities.

Look at the women in the Olympics and how shredded they are, and they get tested regularly to be qualified to compete. I don't have a dog in this idiotic fight, but seeing people parrot this ignorant shit always annoys me.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Do people forget that these women are basically warrior in this post apocalyptic world? The have to learn how to fight and that alone can develop some muscolar physique.

They are not normal women in the kitchen preparing foods and looking for childrens...

Do you expect fighters to having skinny physique without muscles? Have you ever watched a female boxing or mma match?

These are tested female athlete on ufc, and they fight for real like 2-3 times a year...and their weight is only 125 lb...
images

Last edited:
Like I said, do what you have to, if the content of the game disturbers you that much then talk with your money and don’t buy it, me other hand it really doesn’t bother so I will buy it day one because I like the pervious game.

You guys making this more complicated and tiring than it looks.
And the same old tired excuse of telling people "just don't buy the game!" won't help anything.

Do people forget that these women are basically warrior in this post apocalyptic world? The have to learn how to fight and that alone can develop some muscolar physique.

They are not normal women in the kitchen preparing foods and looking for childrens...

Do you expect fighters to having skinny physique without muscles? Have you ever watched a female boxing or mma match?

These are tested female athlete on ufc, and they fight for real like 2-3 times a year...and their weight is only 125 lb...
images

they girls usually cut weight to hit 125, these girls train 6 hours a day to achieve that body, those girls look more like ellie which is acceptable this is the model they are using for the buff woman in the trailer. any idiot who looks at this pics and says steroids is not involved should be slapped.

yr26wic7a8411.png

Last edited:
It’s not like devs are doing anything wrong. They are just making the game they want to make, you either you are going to like it or not.

would you be upset if they made zelda 2 more like dark souls? we bought the first game, so fans have a right to complain if they want. that video with naughty dog agenda got 29k likes and his channel is pretty small, so obviously fans are upset at the direction naughty dog is going.

GymWolf

they girls usually cut weight to hit 125, these girls train 6 hours a day to achieve that body, those girls look more like ellie which is acceptable this is the model they are using for the buff woman in the trailer. any idiot who looks at this pics and says steroids is not involved should be slapped.

yr26wic7a8411.png
Maybe it's just a little exagerate to gives the impression that she is a beast jist from the first glance?
Like you see the first scene with this chick and you already know that she is a warrior.

Onestly, muscolar women in a game where you melee combat with adults mens is the last problem for me...
Tlou has a brutal melee system, protagonist needs some muscles, it will be less realistic seeing skinny girls bashinf adults mens heads with a bat...

Maybe it's just a little exagerate to gives the impression that she is a beast jist from the first glance?
Like you see the first scene with this chick and you already know that she is a warrior.

Onestly, muscolar women in a game where you melee combat with adults mens is the last problem for me...
Tlou has a brutal melee system, protagonist needs some muscles, it will be less realistic seeing skinny girls bashinf adults mens heads with a bat...

valentine could probably beat 80-90 of the men in the world. it's exaggerated for a reason.

960x0.jpg

Looks like a we a confirmation the Asian boy is trans, honestly after watching the video i hope the game fails. iconic characters being cut to fit a agenda,

Last edited:
sometimes complaining is valid, but most of it is just bitching. But in the end its just about money, companies are racing to untapped markets.

Looks like a we a confirmation the Asian boy is trans, honestly after watching the video i hope the game fails. iconic characters being cut to fit a agenda,
when you walk out into the real world and you see a asian trans person.... do you hope your life fails? Is god pushing an agenda too? People with these lifestyles exist. They walk, they eat, just like you do. They play games and some even make all the stupid games we play, It‘s a game.

Last edited:

GymWolf

valentine could probably beat 80-90 of the men in the world. it's exaggerated for a reason.

960x0.jpg
Valentina is a martial artist, she use skill to fick man up, the girls from tlou probably use melee weapon and brute strenght to fuck people up, they need that extra muscles and weight.

In a strenght confrontation, valentina would lose against a bigger man, you can't always use martial arts in real world when mens have melee weapon and they want to kill you...have you watched tlou2 gameplay? Sometimes ellie needs to push away bigger mans, you can't do that without muscles...

Not defending woke shit or the game, i don't really give a fuck aboit naughty dog stories and chara, they are ambulant cliches...never played nd games for the story...
I just want a realistic brutal tps, if having a muscolar women protagonist is the only way to make brutal melee combat credible, i'm okay with that.
When they announced ellie as a protagonist i was scared that the old joel brutal melee system was gone to favor something more agile and sleek insted of something more strenght based, thank god we have a muscolar protagonist that can do what joel was doing in the first game...

Last edited:
Top Bottom