• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II - reveal reactions | anniversary video by Naughty Dog

Mr Hyde

Why is it so much worse than, I don't know, The Last of Us, wherein people were shot, strangled, had their skulls smashes in, had their heads blown to pieces by shotguns, had their throats ripped out, etc?

I don´t know. I was bothered by the extreme level of violence in The Last of Us too, but at the end of the day, I thought it was a very good game. GOTY even. I guess I have become much more sensitive to explicit violence these days. Maybe old age has gotten too me.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I don´t know. I was bothered by the extreme level of violence in The Last of Us too, but at the end of the day, I thought it was a very good game. GOTY even. I guess I have become much more sensitive to explicit violence these days. Maybe old age has gotten too me.

That's fair, people's tastes change, but that's my point. TLoU2 is really no more graphic than the first, all things considered. You already endorsed a company who takes prides in graphic executions 5 years ago.

Did you have a kid in that time, by any chance? I know a lot of people who's reaction to fictional violence changed drastically after having a child.

Mr Hyde

You already endorsed a company who takes prides in graphic executions 5 years ago.

Fair point. But I´m hesitant to do it again. The violence seems worse in part 2 but maybe it´s just me who are getting more sensitive to graphic content.

Did you have a kid in that time, by any chance? I know a lot of people who's reaction to fictional violence changed drastically after having a child.

No children, but I was involved in an incident that changed my entire life about five years ago. Maybe that is the cause.

Thiagosc777

Some people consider the older more mature version of Kratos as him being neutered or a cuck or some such nonsense.

I am quick to point out any sort of seedy influences in my media, but in the case of God of War it seems like pure stupidity.

But he was neutered. He is a completely different character and acts in illogical ways for plot convenience.

Like protecting the woman at the end of the game, even if she said for him not to intervene, after she had betrayed him and almost got his son killed.

All of this was out of character for him and happened solely for plot convenience, so she can become an antagonist in the next game.

There were many other situations where he acted out of character. Not sure what motivated these changes, but Kratos being neutered is a fact. A "cuck" even, some might call him.

Last edited:

Raven117

Another cringy pretentious video from sony soy boy developers. I don't think I have ever cringed that hard in my life. I literally got that goosbumps / shake feeling you get when you get second hand embarrassment from watching cringe compilations.

Cory Barlog and Neil Cuckman should join Dice and make a ultimate SJW game featuring pink haired lesbians saving the planet from a robotic evil Donald Trump.
Eye roll.

There is a difference between shoehorning something in a game for the “SWJs” but it’s quite another when a game is built from the ground up to have a different perspective.

You do see the difference, right?

llien

I guess watching "reactions" is not my thing, I found it annoying.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Yeah, if people enjoy ND's output that's fine, I'm glad they enjoy it. Personally, I'm just sick of ND doing the same thing all the time.

So making Last of US and Uncharted games is bad? That's like saying Turn 10 Studios is bad got making Forza titles.

Solarstrike

This is what it's all about. No reasons. No politics. The enjoyment of video gaming through and through. If you don't understand the concept, you belong to video games instead of video games belonging to you. Now common Sony, get that PC division going. There's millions of people wishing to play Last of Us on the PC in the beauty with which it was intended and can be. Why hinder the sales? Let it shine and people rejoice to the sound of a looming Clicker

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
This is what it's all about. No reasons. No politics. The enjoyment of video gaming through and through. If you don't understand the concept, you belong to video games instead of video games belonging to you. Now common Sony, get that PC division going. There's millions of people wishing to play Last of Us on the PC in the beauty with which it was intended and can be. Why hinder the sales? Let it shine and people rejoice to the sound of a looming Clicker

If their games were released on PC, then that would mean less PSN subscribers and less consoles sold.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
So cringy.
TLOU2's artsyness is being overdone.
It's like "ITS EMOTIONAL, TO MUCH EMOTIONS,TAKE US SERIOUSLY VIDEOGAME, WE REAL ART"

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
So making Last of US and Uncharted games is bad? That's like saying Turn 10 Studios is bad got making Forza titles.
That's not what I'm saying. I'd just like to see ND do something different.

Akira1983

Banned
Another cringy pretentious video from sony soy boy developers. I don't think I have ever cringed that hard in my life. I literally got that goosbumps / shake feeling you get when you get second hand embarrassment from watching cringe compilations.

Cory Barlog and Neil Cuckman should join Dice and make a ultimate SJW game featuring pink haired lesbians saving the planet from a robotic evil Donald Trump.

Lol stay bitter

Don’t worry there’s still plenty of games coming out playing to the tired straight white male power fantasy

I know you find lesbians icky but you’ll live

Or you won’t, shame you’d miss out on what looks like a great game!

MDSLKTR

Neil Cuckman
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Duo VII

Neo Member
I hate reaction videos, but this did make me stop halfway to watch the original trailer again. BTW, coincidentally, mondotees is finally shipping the reissue of the vinyl ost!

Top Bottom