• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread - *NO. SPOILERS. PERIOD.*

What will TLOU 2 average score be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I might have I criticized Uncharted or GoW? Honestly don't know. Does criticizing games make me a troll? Because I've still played those games, I'm not a huge uncharted but I liked GoW.

Yes an off joke totally shows that I'm in reality just a huge troll, I created an account in Neogaf to exclusively shit on Sony games.

Your insane notion that criticism equals trolling is absurd.

Here's me criticizing BB right now, the base game lacked variety both in weaponry and in the levels, the insight system was underwhelming and a lot more should have been done with it, the hunter fights are broken, the game is riddled with technical issues.

BB is my favorite game of the generation and I have plenty of criticism. this notion that I'm here to "shit on" sony games because I'm a troll is ridiculous. I criticize games that I like.
Before you reply, at least take a second to READ what people are telling you.

I said when you post in Sony related threads, it's usually negative comments. If you took the time to read, then you would realize that I never said that's all you do on NeoGAF.

You made it clear before that you have no interest in the game. You're just here to post negative comments, which literally proves my point.

Jon Neu

Banned

I said when you post in Sony related threads, it's usually negative comments. If you took the time to read, then you would realize that I never said that's all you do on NeoGAF.

You made it clear before that you have no interest in the game. You're just here to post negative comments, which literally proves my point.

Good damage control, DForce.

Shame that dude into not posting anything that isn’t positive!!

In our point of view it's better to be silent or ask questions first than judge it easily

It's easy to understand if you are affected on those leaks,user review words and other things adding those console warring issues

But it if you want to say about it then be neutral than be jerk or self biased easily

Last edited:

RedVIper

Banned

You: "That's practically all you do. "

Again, I criticize things that I like just as much as the ones I don't. That's not "trolling" which is what you accused me off.

And posting criticism is allowed, or is Neogaf "positive views" only? Are you going to complain whenever someone criticizes a game?

If any of the mods want to enforce that rule they can tell me, meanwhile I'm going to keep criticizing games.

It doesn't "prove your point", you accused me of trolling, criticizing a game isn't trolling, I'm not criticizing the game to make you upset, I'm criticizing the game because I think the game is bad. (The story anyway)

Jon Neu

Banned
Its you! Yeah, you're the guy who told me there was nothing wrong with Lara Craft because she wasn't created based on SJW BS, yet the creator said that's the exact reason why he created the character.

Not going to waste my time. lol

Another good deflection.

Keep here and try to shame everybody who says something negative about the game with your friend Geki-D. You both are doing a good work.

The anti-anti-SJW brigade it’s not going to allow criticism in this thread!

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
You: "That's practically all you do. "

Again, I criticize things that I like just as much as the ones I don't. That's not "trolling" which is what you accused me off.

And posting criticism is allowed, or is Neogaf "positive views" only? Are you going to complain whenever someone criticizes a game?

If any of the mods want to enforce that rule they can tell me, meanwhile I'm going to keep criticizing games.

It doesn't "prove your point", you accused me of trolling, criticizing a game isn't trolling, I'm not criticizing the game to make you upset, I'm criticizing the game because I think the game is bad. (The story anyway)
See, you're having trouble reading. I realized you were doing this for months and i pointed it out. I said I can't take you seriously because of this, I never said you couldn't do it.

It really shouldn't be that difficult to understand, but somehow you're struggling.

Please notice the "we", first person plural, in the "Why the fuck would we pay any attention to someone who ..."

D. Quixote sees himself as the spokesperson, leader?, of the anti-anti-woke movement.

Some people seem to be ignoring the fact that the leaked footage has now been superseded by hours and hours and hours of walkthroughs and YouTube videos specifically dedicated to TLoU2's story and ending. Leaks are immaterial at this point, because people can watch the entire game being played in real time and crisp 1440pp and they have the capacity to judge what they're either watching or playing themselves.

But, remember, it surely absolutely positively must be an evil Kabbalah by alt-right grifters, because for the ardent anti-anit-woke the entire world, life itself, can be explained away with two or three mono-explanations, without ever meeting the pesky burden to present good evidence.

RedVIper

Banned
See, you're having trouble reading. I realized you were doing this for months and i pointed it out. I said I can't take you seriously because of this, I never said you couldn't do it.

It really shouldn't be that difficult to understand, but somehow you're struggling.

Doing what? Criticizing games?

You still haven't explained how this qualifies as "trolling". Because as I've pointed out multiple times, I criticize things that I like.

Unless you think me pointing out flaws in my favorite game of the generation is "trolling"

justAjohn

For all the problems the game probably has from my perspective, which is a flawed one as I haven´t played it, I still cannot deny apparent polish and quality. People ranking it lower than 8 out of 10 have never played truly bad games methinks. As for me, the game is not my cup of coffee so I´ll buy Ring Fit Adventure instead.

Alt-right butthurt nation destroying the game on Meta and unconsciously bringing more light and momentum to the game. Fuck yeah. It's nice when the haters become the wood that lights even more the lauch of a game.

tenor.gif

Dibils2k

main problem with this haters who hate without actually playing the game is that the people that actually played and didnt like TLOU2 will just be dismissed as a hater

we are same place as SW:TLJ, you either love it or hate it. if you love it you are a SJW, if you hate it you are a sexist bigot

both sides as bad as each other

pLow7

main problem with this haters who hate without actually playing the game is that the people that actually played and didnt like TLOU2 will just be dismissed as a hater

we are same place as SW:TLJ, you either love it or hate it. if you love it you are a SJW, if you hate it you are a sexist bigot

Eh not really. Majority of the people don't give a shit about any political agenda. It's a game after all.

Jon Neu

Banned

It’s totally legit to hate the game without playing it because there has been monumental leaks of the most important parts of the game (and by now you can already watch the entire movie of the game). Needles to say those parts are extremely divisive to say the least.

You don’t even need to be someone who doesn’t like SJW to already hate the game. If you were a fan of the story of the first one, the chances that you hate the edgy subverting expectations plot of the second part are actually quite high.

Last edited:

TheWisp

It’s totally legit to hate the game without playing it because there has been monumental leaks of the most important parts of the game (and by now you can already watch the entire movie of the game). Needles to say those parts are extremely divisive to say the least.

You don’t even need to be someone who doesn’t like SJW to already hate the game. If you were a fan of the story of the first one, the chances that you hate the edgy subverting expectations plot of the second part are actually quite high.

This narrative that you can't judge this game without playing it needs to go when discussing this specific game.
People are judging this games story most of all, and this is a very story driven game, so if it doesn't hit well for you it's totally understandable that you won't enjoy the game.

This narrative that you can't judge this game without playing it needs to go when discussing this specific game.
People are judging this games story most of all, and this is a very story driven game, so if it doesn't hit well for you it's totally understandable that you won't enjoy the game.

I wouldn't be okay with someone judging a 1,000 page book because they read 100 random pages not even in sequence.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

Yeah, but so what? That some nobody on the internet can't handle an unexpected creative choice means nothing.

Like/dislike don't mean shit UNTIL you can back that opinion up. And that requires insight and experience to qualify the assertion. If you are just spit-balling a view despite being largely ignorant of the subject, despite you being entitled to your opinion its still objectively worthless!

How passionately you feel about something has no currency. If its "Flat Earth" level indefensible the only people who are going to care are the fools who've already bought into the same fallacy. The rest of us are going to just shrug or laugh.

• LOL
Reactions: RSB

TheWisp

I wouldn't be okay with someone judging a 1,000 page book because they read 100 random pages not even in sequence.
Yeah, but so what? That some nobody on the internet can't handle an unexpected creative choice means nothing.

Like/dislike don't mean shit UNTIL you can back that opinion up. And that requires insight and experience to qualify the assertion. If you are just spit-balling a view despite being largely ignorant of the subject, despite you being entitled to your opinion its still objectively worthless!

How passionately you feel about something has no currency. If its "Flat Earth" level indefensible the only people who are going to care are the fools who've already bought into the same fallacy. The rest of us are going to just shrug or laugh.

The whole game is on youtube. You can see the story from beginning to end with all the nuances and whatever the leaks don't give you.
You don't need to play the game to be able to criticize the story. And since this game depends so much on it's story, it's valid to criticize the game for it.

The whole game is on youtube. You can see the story from beginning to end with all the nuances and whatever the leaks don't give you.
You don't need to play the game to be able to criticize the story. And since this game depends so much on it's story, it's valid to criticize the game for it.

So long as the person is honest about how they consumed the media and how much they actually experienced.

REE Machine

Banned
Metacritic is a dishonest system, a lot of reviews are missing from other sites.

In the meantime it's still 96/100 on opencritic with more scores : 99 vs 92 reviews.
1MJKqWz.png

It was the same thing with god of war from 95 to 94 while it's still 95 on opencritic.

0JTbwll.jpg
Legit question, whats the differences between metacritic and opencritic?

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

Watching a game isn't the same as playing it! If you can't grasp that, there's no point in discussing further.

Honestly, if you cant get your head around how interactivity alters narrative perception... yeesh. Sorry but if you think watching and playing are equivalent experiences no matter how comprehensive the recording (which is a big consideration especially if the game is as long as TLOU2 is), I'd argue that you have no appreciation of either the ludic or the narrative dimension.

TheContact

Games =/= Books. Apples and Oranges. Speaking of food, one can judge the taste after one bite.

Games aren't equal to books but are equal to fruit?
A better analogy might be a movie (especially since this game plays like one). You walk into a theatre 30 minutes after it starts, watch 10 minutes of it, be like this is bullshit, and leave.

Games =/= Books. Apples and Oranges. Speaking of food, one can judge the taste after one bite.

I agree, it's even weirder to judge a 25+ hour game based on 1-3 hours of leaked footage, especially since most of a game is you PLAYING not watching, yeah, even TLOU (first game had 90 minutes of cut-scene vs 13 hours of gameplay at least) Also, when people tell you how much has leaked keep in mind in the 90 minutes of leaked footage most of what is shown is stuff like Ellie sitting in a boat for 30 minutes while someone tweaks graphical settings, it's disingenuous, though now they can claim they watched a stream but that's only been a valid proposal for how many hours?

I agree, it's even weirder to judge a 25+ hour game based on 1-3 hours of leaked footage, especially since most of a game is you PLAYING not watching, yeah, even TLOU (first game had 90 minutes of cut-scene vs 13 hours of gameplay at least) Also, when people tell you how much has leaked keep in mind in the 90 minutes of leaked footage most of what is shown is stuff like Ellie sitting in a boat for 30 minutes while someone tweaks graphical settings, it's disingenuous, though now they can claim they watched a stream but that's only been a valid proposal for how many hours?

Keep in mind though it only takes a few minutes to realize the gameplay sucks, not speaking about tlou2 specifically, but there's been a few games I quit after a few minutes due to frustration, realizing the game was not for me. You don't need to play the whole game for that. Also there's been games I rather just watch the story on YouTube rather than going through the hassle of playing it, due to time constraints. So it's possible to get an experience from that, it depends on what your looking for in a game.

Keep in mind though it only takes a few minutes to realize the gameplay sucks, not speaking about tlou2 specifically, but there's been a few games I quit after a few minutes due to frustration, realizing the game was not for me. You don't need to play the whole game for that. Also there's been games I rather just watch the story on YouTube rather than going through the hassle of playing it, due to time constraints. So it's possible to get an experience from that, it depends on what your looking for in a game.

Hey, sometimes it takes no time at all! I know I hate the survival genre and sports games but you won't see me reviewing the latest Madden or that Ark game.

Stuart360

Been watching CohhCarnage's stream yesterday and today, and there was just a genuine great scene, a scene that gave me a bit of a lump in my throat, a truely great scene. I have given the game a bit of shite for the propaganda and SJW shite, but i thought it was only fair to mention that scene.

Last edited:
Is tarted the game last night... I just could not stop and I went to bed at around 4AM :messenger_loudly_crying: .

The game plays and sound much better than anything I have ever played! The only thing that truly annoys me so far is the cards that use the ugliest comics art ever invented, they were able to hire decent comics artists for the comic books in the first one, why not this time around? (I know why, this is rhetorical).

Anyway, the game is just amazing so far, unless you let your own premade ideas get in the way.

Hey, sometimes it takes no time at all! I know I hate the survival genre and sports games but you won't see me reviewing the latest Madden or that Ark game.
Sometimes looking at a video suffices (not talking about this game, but sometimes the action is so janky, you know you won't be able to appreciate the game.

Sometimes looking at a video suffices (not talking about this game, but sometimes the action is so janky, you know you won't be able to appreciate the game.

If you couldn't figure out whether or not to buy a game from watching preview material then it wouldn't have much reason to exist, I'm more questioning actually submitting your viewpoint on something you haven't experienced based on watching it.

Bryank75

Banned
Been watching CohhCarnage's stream yesterday and today, and there was just a genuine great scene, a scene that gave me a bit of a lump in my throat, a truely great scene. I have given the game a bit of shite for the propaganda and SJW shite, but i thought it was only fair to mention that scene.
That's very honest of you, respect.

I am playing the game and although a few weeks ago I hated the idea of the story (saw leaks) , I said I would give it a try to see if I liked it in context.
I find some of the writing and subcontext a bit 'on the nose' and sometimes I just have to sigh out loud but generally apart from that I am really enjoying the gameplay, graphics, how immersive the world is and the sound is just amazing.

I'll still say if there is something I really do not like.... I'm only 6 hours in.

Top Bottom