• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Part II - State of Play announced 05/27 (1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm UK)

Fake

I'm hoping is not a just simple choice, it should be actually hard to pull it off.
Just by avoid fightning the dog you can avoid killing him, but I guess people are not worried about killing a dog, rather worried about other people besides them killing a dog.

Umbral

Actually in those situation you don't want too much population in your group, more people means you need more food and other resources, and usually those people care less about "future of humanity" more about keep their own group alive.

More people means you can scavenge more and produce more food.

That small group won’t last long if they send their women out to fight unnecessarily. One generation and they‘re wiped out.

Umbral

output844360af55a86fd4.gif

Can someone explain to me why gifs always look cleaner than the footage as you’re watching it?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
GoT will be better I feel. Maybe I'm just a ninja-phile.

Still impressive showing and I will be getting on day 1 although I can't help but to feel a little bit left out not having a Pro.

I wonder what the resolutions are gonna be like for base ps4 vs ps4 pro. More importantly, are there going to be differences in texture quality. If textures are the same and it's just a resolution hit then I'm cool with that.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
I'm hoping is not a just simple choice, it should be actually hard to pull it off.
Seemingly you can't put them to sleep or anything. Maybe a stun bomb, an explosion or fire can scare them off but that's going to ruin your stealth. Right now it seems like the best way to not have to kill them is to either perfect stealth a section or run like the wind. I doubt either will be the easiest option between that and just killing them.

Orpheum

Just wish we could tame dogs, get them on our side and have a personal K9. CoD ghosts style lol.

Get them good bois some treats

yeeeeeezy

Banned
This game seems very similar to the first one. Level design, combat all very similar. It's an evolutionary step over part one, not revolutionary like say God of War was. The graphics even look very similar to part 1 remastered. I'm honestly not very excited for this game and may pick it up down the line when it's half off. If it had multiplayer, now I would probably be buying it day 1 as I was a huge fan of part 1's.
This game looks so much larger than the first one. How much of Seattle can we explore? The world looks MASSIVE.

Keihart

I know I'm a wuss, but that's a bit too much for me. As I grow older, strangely my resistance to violence gets lower and lower.

Techincally it's amazing, and animations are frankly awesome. It's just too much... i don't know... fetished violence. That's clearly what they were going for, and they've absolutely succeeded, but I'm out :messenger_grinning_smiling:
i think it's meant to creep you out, same reason why they now named every NPC and made them able to call each other during gameplay. So kills feel heavier, kinda like MGS but without the levity of MGS.

magaman

Banned
From a gaming perspective, two things worry me. I'm a stealth player and a couple of things have been said that suggest it may not be the experience I like. The dogs bother me in that they follow scent so going out of line of sight is no longer an option; at least not a long term strategy. Secondly, although they've added climbing and crawling, they've also adjusted the AI to begin looking in those places you could be hiding. I fear that we'll be forced into constantly moving or eventually into direct combat. I like to hide and watch, planning my approach, and then execute on my plan. The thrill is to have gotten it perfect. If that possibility is stymied by the dogs or better AI then I'm not going to enjoy TLOU2.

So you don't want the AI to react like a human would? I'm confused.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Everything looks great. It simply comes down to the story, characters and narrative that will determine my rating for the game as visuals/audio/gameplay are 9-10/10. A few more weeks to go.

Dory16

Banned
I'm really confused at what people find so amazing about this, I don't see what's incredible or revolutionary.
It feels like it's just the usual exlusive hype and such, I'm sure if this game wasn't an exclusive it would be a lot less praised, it doesn't make sense but it seems to be how things work now.
I'm with you. I just saw more of TLOU1 with slightly cleaner graphics and more options in the stealth and combat. TLOU1 was a master piece so that's not a diss but it's definitely being overhyped when people say "OMG how do they make this on a PS4". We've seen more impressive games this gen. DMC5 and RDR2 look better and I picked 3rd party games not to start a war.
I'll get it day one to close off the generation and last me until the next gen reveals.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm with you. I just saw more of TLOU1 with slightly cleaner graphics and more options in the stealth and combat. TLOU1 was a master piece so that's not a diss but it's definitely being overhyped when people say "OMG how do they make this on a PS4". We've seen more impressive games this gen. DMC5 and RDR2 look better and I picked 3rd party games not to start a war.
I'll get it day one to close off the generation and last me until the next gen reveals.
That basically most sequels should do especially games that have only one game, do people expecting to completely change entire core game after one game?

jonnyp

yes swim and go with boat but only in those places when they come to play, then you move to another place and you dont swim anymore thats how it will work out there as its not open world. seemed like lots action and lots moving around not staying in one place at all, because there is nowere to hide. Could make game shorter because of that i think , if it will be more action and more moving from one area to another not so much exploring , it wont be so long game then. At least it looked from that gameplay

maybe that was not ps4 pro gameplay ? i could say from some parts when you stop and look Days Gone on ps4 pro looked better then this new gameplay

cutscenes on engine are not same as pure gameplay scenes. that what got me from previous trailers and now i saw that real some ugly reality at places. but its fine its ps4 game.

Seriously man....

Dory16

Banned
I like how in this super mature, no-nonsense story we play as this one man army 19 year old girl who single handedly mows down entire gangs. Big Boss would be proud
A one man army bearded 45 y.o male wouldn't be much more realistic but I see your point. Apparently she gets timely help from "allies" though

Looks amazing, can’t wait to play, hope it doesn’t disappoint in the writing department.

Such a bummer that it doesn’t have multiplayer. Factions is still one of my favourite online games.

Last edited:

Aion002

And we are back to another PS Exclusive thread.

The nitpicking is getting to uncontrollable levels.

From some claiming that the graphics are not incredible to others complaining about realism in a video game.

This game is following the trend, let's see if it will be just like the others PS first party exclusives: haters nitpick, then they say that the reviews are untrustworthy, then the sales comes and they get even more aggressive
just like Spiderman. If it is a God of War case... Well, they will nitpick even more after the GOTY award.

Can't wait for the threads like: "It's just me or TLU2 didn't deserve the GOTY".

Last edited:
Nah, I'm not a "morally correct" fascist. They can make their game, I can be disappointed in it and not buy it. Credit where credit is due though, the graphics are out of this world. Just disappointed that it's wasted on their silly agendas.

The gameplay with those animations looks next level tho dont you think? It's not just the graphics that sets this apart.

I mean personally I'd rather play the game as a character like Joel as I imagine myself in these worlds, but I wont let that make me miss out on this. No way.

Slightly cleaner graphics than TLOU 1 and DMC5 looks better than TLOU 2. You need to get your eyes checked.

Top Bottom