• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II was the best selling game on PS Store during Black Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyliethicc

Thought this was interesting that this game continues to sell very well. I remember some people were skeptical.

"The period of Black Friday 2021 is about to end and with it the discounts of the various chains and platforms. Discounts have also been made on PlayStation and, now, through the PS Store we can see that The Last of Us 2 it was the game best seller of the period, although it is also available on PS Now."

"The information can be obtained directly from the PS Store, through the section dedicated to Black Friday 2021 discounts. As you can see, by ordering the games according to the category “Best sellers", in first position The Last of Us 2 appears, followed by the inevitable GTA 5, Mafia The Definitive Edition, Jump Force and Rocket League. Obviously we don’t know how much sales are, but it is certainly an excellent result."

EyJZU3r.jpg

"Also looking at the full list of PS Store games, again via console, we sell that the only titles that surpass The Last of Us 2 – at the moment – are those included in the PS Plus. This is a major success both because the game has been available for a year and a half, and because – how said – is also available on PS Now. With a smaller investment, it is possible to play Naughty Dog’s work and many others for a month: we do not know how many PS Now subscribers have obtained during this period, so it is impossible to understand which of the two “access modes” has preferred user."

kyliethicc

Are other Sony’s bigs like GOW, GOT, Horizon, Spider-Man discounted during Black Friday?
Yes. God of War and Horizon are already at $20 permanently, so those 2 may have not been.

Miles Morales, Ghost of Tsushima DC, R&C Rift Apart, Returnal, Demon's Souls, Death Stranding DC, and more were all on sale on PSN.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
It was also $20 compared to other big recent exclusives like Ghost of Tsushima (which only released a month later), Ratchet or Returnal which had a deeply discounted price of..... $50
Ghost of Tsushima wasn't discounted as much because of the Director's Cut version.

MLB 21, Assassins Creed, NBA 2K 22, Resident Evil 8 are $23-$30 bucks

Hugare

It was also $20 compared to other big recent exclusives like Ghost of Tsushima (which only released a month later), Ratchet or Returnal which had a deeply discounted price of..... $50
Thats counting every game in the store, not only exclusives

For a game more than 1 year old, thats pretty good

DeepSpace5D

The Ghost of Tsushima for $50 came with the Iki Island expansion in the Director’s Cut, it wasn’t $50 for the base game only.

Yep. It says a lot. Naughty dog era is over. He thought that was going to be easy to kill the most iconic Sony character? He thought people were going to love his game because of his ideologic and utopian story alone? Nope.

sircaw

Banned
Thought this was interesting that this game continues to sell very well. I remember some people were skeptical.

"The period of Black Friday 2021 is about to end and with it the discounts of the various chains and platforms. Discounts have also been made on PlayStation and, now, through the PS Store we can see that The Last of Us 2 it was the game best seller of the period, although it is also available on PS Now."

"The information can be obtained directly from the PS Store, through the section dedicated to Black Friday 2021 discounts. As you can see, by ordering the games according to the category “Best sellers", in first position The Last of Us 2 appears, followed by the inevitable GTA 5, Mafia The Definitive Edition, Jump Force and Rocket League. Obviously we don’t know how much sales are, but it is certainly an excellent result."

EyJZU3r.jpg

"Also looking at the full list of PS Store games, again via console, we sell that the only titles that surpass The Last of Us 2 – at the moment – are those included in the PS Plus. This is a major success both because the game has been available for a year and a half, and because – how said – is also available on PS Now. With a smaller investment, it is possible to play Naughty Dog’s work and many others for a month: we do not know how many PS Now subscribers have obtained during this period, so it is impossible to understand which of the two “access modes” has preferred user."
Diablo 2 res has taken over my life haha, i have not had any time for any other games since its releases, i wish the god damn thing had never been released.

I would have so snapped up that deal, might still do, ps4 pro though still, humm

kyliethicc

Diablo 2 res has taken over my life haha, i have not had any time for any other games since its releases, i wish the god damn thing had never been released.

I would have so snapped up that deal, might still do, ps4 pro though still, humm
Runs fine on PS4 too. I definitely recommend trying it out eventually.

Thats just cause it was in stock like the series s. Doesn't count obviouslyyyyyyyyy :lollipop_smirking:.

I considered getting it but I'm waiting for $10. Or PS5 upgrade.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

A few decisions I wouldnt have gone with but overall great game if you like Uncharted/TLOU gameplay.
More gameplay freedom than the first game, some better overal controls and options during combat etc but less like epic situations. It had its moments but I felt there wasnt enough clicker fights either. The island escape was awesome, I enjoyed california.

It felt alot longer than any of the Uncharted games or TLOU. More game for sure.
I have alot of issues too with it but enjoyed it

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Pretty much everything was, even Ratchet and Returnal.

I kind of question this methodology though for determining the top seller, who knows how that is calculated. Do we really think Mafia was the third highest seller, and Jump Force 4th? Lol
Its a pretty straightforward measure. I just went onto the US PSN Store and sorted all PS4 games by best selling.

Unsurprisingly the top games right now are PS Plus games, free to play games, sports games, and a few big AAA games.

Like NBA, Madden and FIFA go on sale, so people buy them. Then there's 2 big Sony games, The Last of Us Part II and God of War, both at $20, so people buy them. The new Battlefield game is selling too, no surprise there. And of course free to play games are popular.

34uUAP5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom