• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

The Last Of Us Part Two is the best selling Playstation Exclusive of 2020

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Aug 13, 2020
The final sales reports for 2020 are in, and The Last of Us: Part II is now officially the best-selling PlayStation 4 exclusive of the year across the US. It took third place in the overall sales chart for PlayStation 5 and PS4 software, beaten only by Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202..._best-selling_ps4_exclusive_of_2020_in_the_us

The Last of Us Part II​

PlayStation’s big-budget exclusive, The Last of Us Part II, was also a sales hit.

“The Last of Us: Part II finished 2020 as the year’s best-selling PlayStation exclusive, while also ranking as the sixth best-selling title overall,” said Piscatella. “The Last of Us: Part II now ranks as the third best-selling Sony-published game in U.S. history in dollar sales, trailing only Marvel’s Spider-Man, and 2018’s God of War.”
https://venturebeat.com/2021/01/15/npd-reveals-the-best-selling-games-of-2020-in-the-u-s/

kretos

Significant ban warning for console warring - report me
Oct 2, 2019

DForce

Nov 23, 2017
“The Last of Us: Part II now ranks as the third best-selling Sony-published game in U.S. history in dollar sales, trailing only Marvel’s Spider-Man, and 2018’s God of War.”

But it flopped. /s

SlimySnake

Feb 5, 2013
sadly I could see it coming mid or end of this console generation. Very curious where they go with it as Ellie's story is not fully over yet.
I am fine with mid gen.

I would like to see them focus on Ellie's redemption arc. There is a lot they can do with her immunity still and pursue a save the world scenario while keeping the story grounded and character driven.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Aug 13, 2020
I am fine with mid gen.

I would like to see them focus on Ellie's redemption arc. There is a lot they can do with her immunity still and pursue a save the world scenario while keeping the story grounded and character driven.
thats where I think they will go, after here loss and finding out she kept saying she wants her life to mean something. Somehow I think her and Abby will link up and there will be another doctor they come upon who can do the same as Abby's father. and in the end her choice to give her life up to be the cure the world needs. Dark twist, it all amounted to nothing and they never could make a cure and its all a waste Ellie's death included. It would fit the depressing tone of the series.

Last edited:
Reactions: SlimySnake