• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

foxbeldin

3 weeks away and yet no gameplay vid.

I trust ND will pull off something amazing but i want to seeeeeeeeeee

And sooner than soon !

Ricky_R

Well the only thing that would be weird about cross platform (to me at least) is that your progress does not carry over. So what happens if I use the same account for both games. When I put in my PS3 disc I have XYZ to choose from and all the weapons unlocked. Then when I start on PS4 I use the same account and name, but have nothing.

If they were doing cross platform I imagine they'd somehow work out carrying over your progress.

I can understand that, although I think it would be pointless to play on two platforms. I would imagine that the majority of people would be playing on either the PS3 or the PS4.

That can be an issue for some people though, if they want to move from the living room to the bedroom without moving consoles, for example.

However, how could you go back to the PS3 after playing it on the PS4? Specially online. ;)

Shin-Ra

I think motion blur must have been deactivated to take a clean still-shot there.

PS3
14602214664_ff73a5662e_o.png

PS4
14417798407_677dca0ab6_o.jpg

Gurish

I think motion blur must have been deactivated to take a clean still-shot there.

PS3
14602214664_ff73a5662e_o.png

PS4
14417798407_677dca0ab6_o.jpg

Really false comparison, needs to see an in game gameplay shot with HUD and all that, you will never convince me that PS3 had this IQ during gameplay, the game was blurry as hell most of the time with lots of low res textures, it didn't look like that and it's not an indication for it's fidelity.

Only high quality gameplay shot (that we can see all PS3's version faults compared to the clarity of the PS4) of both version with HUD is worth anything.

Hubb

I can understand that, although I think it would be pointless to play on two platforms. I would imagine that the majority of people would be playing on either the PS3 or the PS4.

That can be an issue for some people though, if they want to move from the living room to the bedroom without moving consoles, for example.

However, how could you go back to the PS3 after playing it on the PS4? Specially online. ;)

I personally wouldn't go back (unless my PS4 broke), but it doesn't make sense that they'd not carry over your unlocks.

To be honest if it worked flawlessly I would love for them to make it cross platform. I want the online community to be as alive as possible.

Ricky_R

I personally wouldn't go back (unless my PS4 broke), but it doesn't make sense that they'd not carry over your unlocks.

To be honest if it worked flawlessly I would love for them to make it cross platform. I want the online community to be as alive as possible.

It would only make it better if you could carry over everything, I agree.

stryke

Really false comparison, needs to see an in game gameplay shot with HUD and all that, you will never convince me that PS3 had this IQ during gameplay, the game was blurry as hell most of the time with lots of low res textures, it didn't look like that and it's not an indication for it's fidelity.

Maybe you should do something about your tv then.

Only high quality gameplay shot (that we can see all PS3's version faults compared to the clarity of the PS4) of both version with HUD is worth anything.

Either you're running this shit through composite cables or your TV is fucked.

The top looks perfectly like it does in the game, you can even zoom in on it and notice the aliasing on Joel.

Gurish

Maybe you should do something about your tv then.

My TV is fine, this is a better indication for how the game actually look like:
image_303307_fit_940.jpg

image_303306_fit_940.jpg

image_303304_fit_940.jpg

image_303302_fit_940.jpg

It's really hard to find gameplay shots that are not promotional or touched, those are closer to reality than super close up shots of Joel during a cinematic or a good angle with motion blur that hide it's faults.
The game on PS3 does not have a good IQ, any picture that looks too smooth doesn't do justice no matter how you look at it.

Shin-Ra

Things that stick out for me:

Greater shade between the shelves behind the car window on PS4
Image quality is fine enough on PS4 to see Joel's upper-right eye-lashes and the background shelving wires clearly
Missing shadow detail from Ellie to the counter on PS4
I couldn't catch the exact same frame, maybe because the PS4 shot's at an in-between frame at 60 vs 30fps
Ellie's hair reacts differently, possibly due to slightly differing realtime physics calculation each time the scene's played through

stryke

image_303307_fit_940.jpg

image_303306_fit_940.jpg

image_303304_fit_940.jpg

image_303302_fit_940.jpg

It's really hard to find gameplay shots that are not promotional or touched, those are closer to reality than super close up shots of Joel during a cinematic or a good angle with motion blur that hide it's faults.
The game on PS3 does not have a good IQ, any picture that looks too smooth doesn't do justice no matter how you look at it.

Lol you come at Shinra saying "Only high quality gameplay shot" should be used while an actual in game realtime render was provided and you give us compressed screenshots.

quickwhips

image_303307_fit_940.jpg

image_303306_fit_940.jpg

image_303304_fit_940.jpg

image_303302_fit_940.jpg

That is what all the twitch streams of multiplayer look like pretty much. But I haven't been caring about graphics since day 1. More art styles than graphics or resolution...

image_303307_fit_940.jpg

image_303306_fit_940.jpg

image_303304_fit_940.jpg

image_303302_fit_940.jpg

It looks much better than that on my TV. What are they, like, 540p livestream captures or something?

Gurish

Lol you come at Shinra saying "Only high quality gameplay shot" should be used while an actual in game realtime render was provided and you give us compressed screenshots.

I said it's hard to find high quality direct shot that are not promotional or touched but those are much closer to reality than that PS3 shot you used for comparison.

This is closer to how actual gameplay looks, IQ is not great in this game, if you can find a high quality PS3 shots you will even see all it's faults and low IQ much better, and when we will have high quality PS4 shots from gameplay it will be a much better comparison than what you guys are doing right now which is quite worthless imo.

Hollow

Yes, because 33KB jpgs at 940 x 529 are indicative of the games image quality.

Gurish

It looks much better than that on my TV. What are they, like, 540p livestream captures or something?

It's direct feed from a CVG guide, again, not the highest quality but closer to reality as how gameplay looks than those super HD shots from cut scenes people are using.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
The more I watch TLoU MP vids, the less excited I get for Destiny.

Kind of glad I never tried MP on PS3... I get to go in blind for at least one part of TLoU.

At least he posted game-play screens. Don't really care all that much about cut scenes in graphics comparisons.

People are free to post better quality ones, obviously everyone would prefer that.

Ricky_R

image_303307_fit_940.jpg

image_303306_fit_940.jpg

image_303304_fit_940.jpg

image_303302_fit_940.jpg

I don't know man. TLOU's IQ is not ideal, but I played it on a 55 inch LCD and it didn't look that blurry.

Gurish

At least he posted game-play screens. Don't really care all that much about cut scenes in graphics comparisons.

People are free to post better quality ones, obviously everyone would prefer that.

Yea people seems to be missing the point, i didn't find high quality gameplay screens that are not promotional or touched but again and again i said this is a better indication of how the gameplay looks on PS3 than most of the pics people are using which makes the PS4 version looks almost identical which is ridiculous.

quickwhips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjuu_SOPsE8

around 15:56 you can see the same scene. The scene is in-game, during a gameplay section.

But that isn't gameplay. It is a animated scripted scene...gameplay is always going to be the most important factor not scripted scenes for me at least. But it looks pretty I guess if you only care about that. The game is preordered and I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea but I don't care how good the game looks as long as the multiplayer and gameplay is good. I already like the art style and environments from the game.

Sande

Motion blur aside, there's a clear difference in the pictures linked by Shin-Ra and both shots are direct-feed in-game if I'm not mistaken. That's the best and only proper comparison we have. Of course it would be nice to see "proper" gameplay and preferably in motion but this is what we've got. Linking some blurry tiny PS3 pics here isn't helping anybody or proving any points.

Poetazer

Neo Member
The more I watch TLoU MP vids, the less excited I get for Destiny.

Kind of glad I never tried MP on PS3... I get to go in blind for at least one part of TLoU.

You don't know your luck. All maps, all fixes, all modes, and 60fps.. for the greatest MP I've known.. will our excitement hold 3 weeks??

Top Bottom