• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

are the trophies cross save by any chance?

it would suck if I had to get my old trophies again for the exact same game

plus another random game in my trophy list will make it even more messy

What's wrong with normal?

Nothing is wrong with it, but in my experience with it you get given way too many resources (ammo, medkits, parts etc), and coupled with the fact that you take longer to die it makes it feel too easy and takes away from the tense, desperate atmosphere that gets created at higher difficulty levels. I think hard is the perfect balance of difficulty and frequency of resources.

But that's just me. People should play at whatever difficulty feels most comfortable for them.

Please turn X-Ray vision mode off, though.

Darknight

are the trophies cross save by any chance?

it would suck if I had to get my old trophies again for the exact same game

plus another random game in my trophy list will make it even more messy

Yes its a separate trophy list and its a "new" game if you will.

Also I beat this game on Hard on PS3, gonna do "Grounded" mode on 1st PS4 run. Lets do this shit.

carlsojo

My first playthrough was on Hard with listen mode on. Just the right amount of challenge for me. Does anyone know if the trophies are different for the remastered version? (i.e. will Grounded be required for the Plat?)

i8jBC0pYjw9ZS.jpg

So good!

Someone tweet this to Druckmann, he'll know what to do...

Darknight

My first playthrough was on Hard with listen mode on. Just the right amount of challenge for me. Does anyone know if the trophies are different for the remastered version? (i.e. will Grounded be required for the Plat?)

I think Grounded mode was added via DLC on PS3 version so no, its not part of the main trophy list. I think Grounded mode is in a separate trophy list but since they mixed all the DLC with the main DLC, Im not sure how ND is doing it for PS4.

KorrZ

It will be my first time, is hard well balanced?

Hard, listen mode OFF. This is the best way to experience tlou for the first time.

As others have said - Normal is way too easy, you get flooded with items and it takes away any of the tension of the game. Survivor/Grounded are a little too rigid with the items which makes it less fun to experiment with the combat scenarios. Hard is the best middle ground by far (I've played on Normal, Survivor and Hard and I'm picking Hard for my remastered play through as it's the most fun).

I think Grounded mode was added via DLC on PS3 version so no, its not part of the main trophy list. I think Grounded mode is in a separate trophy list but since they mixed all the DLC with the main DLC, Im not sure how ND is doing it for PS4.

I bet it will be apart of the main trophy list. For Dead Nation on PS4 it had the DLC included so for the trophy list they just made it all just one for the platinum.
Edit: Dam accidental double post.

That isn't a fair comparison at all. The image you started with was already a poor, heavily compressed capture from PS3. Now you've enlarged and distorted it.

This is a better (but still compressed) example of what the PS3 produces:

ibqSCiZLFMjity.jpg

If it helps, here's one with minimal compression.

ittdMJqAqvOHp.bmp

Bundy

Banned
What's wrong with normal?

Normal = Easy

The Last of Us "easy" mode is a complete joke.
Nobody should try this.
Ruins the complete game
It will be my first time, is hard well balanced?
Yes, it is! Perfectly balanced and how you should play TLOU the first time (+ listening mode off)
Makes you "feel" the game.

Easy and normal = meh!
Having tons of bullets and resources is boring and lame as fuck.
Ruins the complete experience.

Gray Matter

They should only get rid of the ones that require not dying. That encourages people to play like morons and hide in a corner all match while the team suffers. The 12 weeks one isn't so bad.

Yea, I like the ones from the main game, those are fine and doable. But the ones without dying, I fucking hate those.

Gurish

Hard, listen mode OFF. This is the best way to experience tlou for the first time.

As others have said - Normal is way too easy, you get flooded with items and it takes away any of the tension of the game. Survivor/Grounded are a little too rigid with the items which makes it less fun to experiment with the combat scenarios. Hard is the best middle ground by far (I've played on Normal, Survivor and Hard and I'm picking Hard for my remastered play through as it's the most fun).

Yup. spot on, Hard is the most balanced, you get to experience and enjoy all the mechanics without feeling limited while keeping the survival elements which is crucial to the experience and the themes of the game.

I will recommend on Normal only if you hate stealth and tense gameplay and you would like to play the game more as an action title than survival, it's possible and i think it can be a good action game if that's your thing, though it was "destined" to be played on Hard, but if you want to play a shooter go on Normal.

-griffy-

Banned
Normal = Easy

Nobody should try this.
Ruins the complete game

I don't know, not everyone is as good at games as others. Not everyone wants to be overtly challenged when they play a game. Normal with listen mode on is a perfectly valid way to play the game. If an individual feels they want more of a challenge then they can alter the game the way they see fit, by upping the difficulty, by ignoring or disabling listen mode, or whatever. The options are there for a reason, there's no one way that everyone must play the game or they are doing it wrong.

Gavin996

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be making a MP thread soon, so we can share names there.

This is like the opposite of the thread the other day about being good at a game but no-one thinking you are.

I would go in, everyone on there would think "He's on GAF he must be good" and then I would completely fuck it up for the whole team :/

can u up and lower the difficulty if you already start the game on lets say normal? and also whats listening mode?

Yeah you can, and listen mode is pretty much see through walls when you hold a button to see the enemies. I turned it off immediately when I got the game and never looked back, not necessary at all.

FTF

Normal = Easy

Nobody should try this.
Ruins the complete game

Yes, it is! Perfectly balanced and how you should play TLOU the first time (+ listening mode off)
Makes you "feel" the game.

Easy and normal = meh!
Having tons of bullets and resources is boring and lame as fuck.
Ruins the complete experience.

I agree with you on easy mode, I tried that after beating it on normal just to see and it's way too easy and ruined all the tension, etc. But I found normal fine and I think it's where most should start.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I don't know, not everyone is as good at games as others. Not everyone wants to be overtly challenged when they play a game. Normal with listen mode on is a perfectly valid way to play the game. If an individual feels they want more of a challenge then they can alter the game the way they see fit, by upping the difficulty, by ignoring or disabling listen mode, or whatever. The options are there for a reason, there's no one way that everyone must play the game or they are doing it wrong.

This. Bundy,no opinions are fine but that was way too strong. I played through on normal with listen mode and still found it really tense. I tend to take my time with games, take in the atmosphere and I'm not hardcore enough to play I uber without getting frustrated.

For the remaster I'll try hard and listen off though. Will pay more attention to the audio - will either play when I can turn the 5.1 surround up or use my Sony gold headphones.

No but in general 'normal' is too easy. It's like that with most games in fact.

Hard is always the way to go.

Top Bottom