• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

S¡mon

Banned
NxhsrMk.png

The Last of Us Remastered cover

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXyTSmovCCg

All details below are confirmed
The Last of Us Remastered

• $49.99
  • Release: July 29, 2014
  • Resolution: 1920 x 1080
  • Framerate: 60 fps
  • Higher resolution character models
  • Improved shadows and lighting
  • Upgraded textures
  • Several other gameplay improvements
  • In-game cinematic commentary from the cast and creative director
  • Includes: Abandoned Territories Map Pack
  • Includes: Reclaimed Territories Map Pack
  • Includes: The Last of Us: Left Behind single-player campaign
Pre-order Bonuses
  • 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
  • Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after you complete the single player campaign
  • Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
  • Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
  • 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
  • Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
Digital PlayStation Store pre-order bonuses
  • All of the previous pre-order bonuses mentioned
  • Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
  • Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions Mode
  • Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions Mode

Pre-order at Amazon
Pre-order at PlayStation Store (digital)

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/09/the-last-of-us-remastered-coming-to-ps4-summer-2014/

Andrefpvs

• Winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards
  • Explore a brutal post-pandemic world, fully realized with the power of PlayStation 4 system
  • Includes all DLC packs: over $30 in value
  • In-game cinematic commentary from the cast and creative director

Winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards, The Last of Us has been rebuilt for the PlayStation 4 system. Now featuring full 1080p, higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, in addition to several other gameplay improvements.

20 years after a pandemic has radically changed known civilization, infected humans run wild and survivors are killing each other for food, weapons; whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a violent survivor, is hired to smuggle a 14 year-old girl, Ellie, out of an oppressive military quarantine zone, but what starts as a small job soon transforms into a brutal journey across the U.S.

The Last of Us Remastered includes the Abandoned Territories Map Pack, Reclaimed Territories Map Pack, and the critically acclaimed The Last of Us: Left Behind Single Player campaign that combines themes of survival, loyalty, and love with tense, survival-action gameplay.

www.amazon.com/The-Last-Us-Remastered-PlayStation-4/dp/B00JK00S0S

Proxy

From the Amazon product page :

Winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards, The Last of Us has been rebuilt for the PlayStation 4 system. Now featuring full 1080p, higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, in addition to several other gameplay improvements. 20 years after a pandemic has radically changed known civilization, infected humans run wild and survivors are killing each other for food, weapons; whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a violent survivor, is hired to smuggle a 14 year-old girl, Ellie, out of an oppressive military quarantine zone, but what starts as a small job soon transforms into a brutal journey across the U.S. The Last of Us Remastered includes the Abandoned Territories Map Pack, Reclaimed Territories Map Pack, and the critically acclaimed The Last of Us: Left Behind Single Player campaign that combines themes of survival, loyalty, and love with tense, survival-action gameplay.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Maybe now the PS3 version will drop in price and let me pick it up, finally.

jtan

I recently borrowed it on ps3 but after playing ps4 so much, the ps3 remote feels uncomfortable now and I can't make myself play through the game. This is very good news for me as I'd love to play it on ps4!!

quest

Not Banned from OT
Great move by Sony with so many 360 gamers buying PS4's it is good idea to remaster the top PS3 exclusives. Now get uncharted series remastered and expose the 360 gamers to Naughty God.

Into

Only 200 game of the year awards? Pff, flop

Actually i am glad they just confirmed it and got it out the way, seems like a farce to deny its existence at this point. Will get day 1

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Better revise that E3 conference. Unless they're waiting for Beyond to leak so they can do it in one go.

KAL2006

Banned
Tomb Raider
Metro Last Light
The Last of Us
GTAV (rumoured)

It seems all the games that came out near the end of last gen are getting ports. I am glad I held off buying games, I had a feeling we would get next fen ports. I am betting BioShock, Crysis, Batman, Uncharted, God of War and Beyond also get ports.

VanWinkle

Awesome. Great box art, too. I'm excited to see screenshots/video. Guessing it will be 30fps, but that's alright if they crank up the graphics.

Top Bottom