• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

S¡mon

Banned
http://ruliweb.daum.net/news/524/view/RN20140421195031000-61141.daum

Maybe good news for waiting users!

The Last of Us Remastered edition will release at first half of the year in korea. It means this will be released until june. This is confirmed by Sony Computer Entertainment Korea.

And Dekamori Senran Kagura, Freedom wars, and The Legend of the heroes: Trails in the flash also confirmed to korean localize and release at first half of the year.

We could get these titles soon enough!
One of the bigger webshops here, in the Netherlands, mentions a June 30 release date. Now, that could be a placeholder - but usually, they clearly state that it is a placeholder. But right now, there is no mention of a placeholder at all.

So, who knows... maybe, June.

So...

iRn7FAakpPAeo.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...0352806654562.347159.681689561&type=1&theater

Let me tease you something... Its coming... ;]

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05...g-awesome-and-mysterious-concept-art-appears/

He's a freelance artist that worked on TLoU.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hmmm be carefull dudes, this could be a spoiler for our GAF brethern who wants to go thru this game without knowing a part of the ending.

MauroNL

749426.gif

I WANT to believe its TLoU 2 but I'm guessing its more something like a comic made by this guy or something. Don't think they'll announce it this soon.

Bandit1

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/06/the-last-of-us-getting-new-patch-update

New patch coming tomorrow, IGN says -

The patch, which is slated to be released within the next 24 hours, is numbered 1.07, and comes in at 151 megs. Most importantly, it adds the "Grounded Difficulty" to the single player campaign, a mode "for the toughest of the hardcore," with "super aggressive AI."

Thought the grounded mode only came with the DLC. Is IGN wrong or did I misunderstand?

Donos

some new info posted by Gruenel in the EDGE 267 thread:

Videogamer has some tidbits

"We brought in all the hi-res models, and then it's on par with what you saw in the cutscenes," Druckmann said, speaking about the upcoming PS4 release with EDGE. "There's an improved lighting model. After that, we started looking across the board; enemies look a little blurry up close, so that was pretty easy. We ramped those up and saw a pretty significant difference.

"Our cinematics are now running at 1080p and 60fps, and that involved rendering them all from scratch," he continued. "It's interesting that now [instead of a technical bottleneck], the bottleneck is 'Can we fit all this on the disc?'"

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/the_l...r_models_on_par_with_ps3_cutscene_models.html

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I like that the cutscenes were re-rendered. Too few developers bother with that... in fact, I can't even think of another example where the cutscenes were redone. Granted, though, in some cases it's probably not feasible, especially with older titles (e.g. the original assets/scripts may have been lost to time).

gruenel

It's a little disconcerting that they're already having trouble fitting a game on a Blu-ray disc. I hope they don't compress the cutscenes to hell because of that.

JoshHood

It's a little disconcerting that they're already having trouble fitting a game on a Blu-ray disc. I hope they don't compress the cutscenes to hell because of that.

I was saying just the other day about this - gotta be the only gen that there wasn't a storage capacity increase. Expect we'll get bits of games coming as downloads soon enough.

V_Ben

Banned
I like that the cutscenes were re-rendered. Too few developers bother with that... in fact, I can't even think of another example where the cutscenes were redone. Granted, though, in some cases it's probably not feasible, especially with older titles (e.g. the original assets/scripts may have been lost to time).

Playing Injustice last night on the PS4 and it was a little embarassing. The cutscenes are letterboxed and look like butt, but then the gameplay is smooth and sharp. Weird.

gruenel

I was saying just the other day about this - gotta be the only gen that there wasn't a storage capacity increase. Expect we'll get bits of games coming as downloads soon enough.

I wonder why they didn't go with a BDXL compatible drive in the PS4, is it that much more expensive than a regular drive?

They're using a single layer blu ray disc right? Just go with a dual layer blu ray or multi disc with an install.

Weren't the cutscenes for FFX redone in the HD remaster?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I was a little surprised that Sony didn't end up putting a BD-XL drive in the PS4 for the sake of future-proofing. When the PS4 was announced and Sony was hesitant to commit to final specs I was convinced that it'd happen at a later date, but it never did.

Weren't the cutscenes for FFX redone in the HD remaster?

Seems so!

Top Bottom