• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Good news for both PS3 and PS4 users.

You can play multiplayer with PS3 users!!

So those of us who didn't play the Ps3 version are going to immediately be put against max veterans who already have dozens of hours in the mutiplayer. I don't see this as a good thing. I thought it would be a fresh start for everyone besides playtime experience already gained.

Is the matchmaking for new players good at least?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
That claim doesn't sound right. They already said PS3 player progress isn't carrying over to PS4 cause it would give an unfair advantage, but somehow 60fps vs 30fps is an even playing field? Are you sure it's saying cross multiplayer and not cross multiplayer DLC? Cause some of the mp DLC packs are cross buy with the PS3 version.....

Gray Matter

I'm not liking this, altho I am an experienced player, I wanted to start from zero along with everyone else, now we get the PS3 users.

Killthee

I'm not liking this, altho I am an experienced player, I wanted to start from zero along with everyone else, now we get the PS3 users.
I think it might be talking about the cross buy DLC. I know machine translations aren't reliable, but the rest of the translated text seems to be about the stuff included in the disc and I don't see any mention of the cross buy DLC anywhere else in the article. It sort of reminds me of the release date announcement blog post.

Bing Translation said:
Scheduled for July 29, 「 The Last of Us ™ Remastered 」 is actively taking advantage of the improved performance of the PS4 ™ 1080 p high resolution was completed. Additional expansion pack released 「the Left Behind 」 and multiplayer only Map Pack, it also includes all the additional difficulty, in-game cinematic video game inserted all the Director and starring actors, special commentary lays have been localized in Riga. In addition, PS3 ™ users also support cross with multiplayer.

Release Date announcement said:
The trailer is full 1080p and rendered in 60fps, which is what we’re targeting for the game. We’re working on various improvements such as higher resolution character models, improved lighting and shadows, upgraded textures, functionality unique to the PS4 controller and more. You’ll get the complete The Last of Us experience as the PS4 version includes the highest rated DLC exclusive to PlayStation, Left Behind, all difficulty modes (including Grounded Mode the newest, hardest difficulty level) for single player and both our multiplayer map packs, Abandoned Territories and Reclaimed Territories.

We recently announced that it’ll be a level playing field in Factions mode as player progress from The Last of Us PS3 multiplayer will not carry over to the PS4 version. However PS3 players will be getting a supply bonus to give their progression a boost. We can now also say that all current DLC content – head items, weapons, and survival skills – that you have purchased for PS3 will be available for you in the PS4 version. So check out the latest DLC if you haven’t yet.

Gray Matter

I think it might be talking about the cross buy DLC. I know machine translations aren't reliable, but the rest of the translated text seems to be about the stuff included in the disc and I don't see any mention of the cross buy DLC anywhere else in the article. It sort of reminds me of the release date announcement blog post.

The post, although is a translation said, that it will have cross platform multiplayer. Sony better confirm/deny this soon.

Lemondish

I guess PC games don't have MP communities.

Irrelevant. This is a console game and a thread that is likely filled with console players who have never ran into this issue before. Just because it's normal on PC doesn't mean it's ideal for a competitive game nor does it mean console gamers should just accept it.

Killthee

The post, although is a translation said, that it will have cross platform multiplayer. Sony better confirm/deny this soon.
No mention of the cross buy DLC though. It makes more sense to me that something got lost in translation regarding cross buy DLC considering everything else listed there and the similarities to the release date announcement post than to believe that cross platform 30fps vs 60fps mp is happening.

Gray Matter

No mention of the cross buy DLC though. It makes more sense to me that something got lost in translation regarding cross buy DLC considering everything else listed there and the similarities to the release date announcement post than to believe that cross platform 30fps vs 60fps mp is happening.

If I'm not mistaken, a few pages back there was this post that said ps3 season pass owners can download all the MP DLC for free on the ps4, if that's what you mean.

arne

Can someone who can actually read Korean translate what it actually says rather than everyone relying on a Google translate version? kthx.

Oublieux

No, that quote specifically states that the game (TLOU Remastered) supports cross multiplay with PS3 users. This is coming from my understanding of Korean.

Seems like direct feed screencaps. Even the gamersyde video wasn't this clean. We need more.

ruliweb_los02.jpg

ruliweb_los03.jpg

Killthee

If I'm not mistaken, a few pages back there was this post that said ps3 season pass owners can download all the MP DLC for free on the ps4, if that's what you mean.
Yeah that's what I mean. I'm basically saying something got lost in translation and the Korean post should say DLC will carry over if you bought it on PS3 at the end instead of ending like that.

30fps vs 60fps console cross platform mp just sounds too ridiculous to me considering ND has already said that they're carrying over stats cause they want an even playing field.

Oublieux

Here's a quick translation of the text:
The planned release of "The Last of Us Remastered" was developed at a high resolution of 1080p by actively taking advantage of PS4's enhanced performance. The game comes complete with the additional expansion pack/DLC "Left Behind," a multiplayer map pack, and an added difficulty level, as well as director's commentary on the game's cutscenes localized in Korean. Additionally, cross multiplay is supported with PS3 users.

So, no... I do not think anything was lost in translation (despite it being a low-end machine translation).

ruliweb_los02.jpg

This shot isn't in the e3 trailer, i just checked. The website must've gotten some exclusive screens. This is the closest match from the trailer.

iWl7Wm0pdpY3U.png

hmm i traced the image and found this:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=https://addleaf.com/articles/53b271b21d4afeb9448b4569&prev=/search%3Ftbs%3Dsbi:AMhZZit6WlxJyJL9I0FmWzoFLSqgiB_1PQT-ZD37P9jtqNmv7ZF4Ewy_1SyWwNgwbi-Sq1tBme1SNiyy21FB-H3ZFaQIC5zKDEcz1p4hK16hWLgj74vH_1-8ZYUpYUOyoxbb0LWHhVDqs5fJkw0EF97KnpV-sZQgdgdnSLVnPjVv9K1K4lccO4Ipm-V758JQJwU5BPML28mjd_12gp48YKhQU8wMb515BirMTbdAUBTyMMI8_1XdVj4-pNwWcKl2E3zkbP8QkgPXtIuVx8GEM_1t3ZYaG-zssIxulv0mQHWz3_1v8_10WwEY2_1aZDrJiyBTW_17e6BVHLwqrPS32F9j07gTsLmUiwKT2AX4yjKJrmq-b8NNYjc1y7NLa_1DFdCv37MbDeaMwVsoV4mnxkiZKYuZVK4Tj2d-fs8J1rR7odRTPsVd1EXhfteM1J24sV3A2Gl4TTEE27tEOjlUjzaMk3EKxbWK6MLrIQcFNImDUWLTisBjfFsR9i04SQgIB2uQySSeNVkFSWHkFSXotRr45dBJJOX1PhQ0ZJc6Xm9B0I2ysqWUdoRANcVJeaHwB6zRZ68G_1Jb6xgpVaXATbv6jp6d0I4olVZrOeZkZfOO3Wf3Vu6gJSD2hOx8FHJ8pMfTbR5wcYphqi5Ge9LymHfGp5-RD20a9H_1FDdXYBnMyf_1delViTl5BUFOwW7r3ORpRYea3w9hzpa3y63Hc8rOZcwQcXuVKxgDGByhYdUZsuStYU2TbPGR20k-F79YCX4CtsAMOMEoDZJmRC0Odb4bqrn_1u4zWFV1_1ebSfwEO_1is3DcGXSQOkYLpxcdivBKzBTcL-10YIcLPmti28bVVb3m6EIoOjRMji_1qDcWHuuPEwsMPaCsp7pSpUN8PGuJk9BKeh4-bzaterCxazTn0XtGjUJR4o6x2osUSwtZQqlzIMuA5XbATHT34H0Tb7Dg-t77ybXMNz8NzYp-wRsOiX1ofrO9uaUszXBzGcnjiZJWqTceUfhM-y-xuuuzX5i6hF9g8aHcnS5-4VRr59qYK8UaO0itkCqvQ5qng5zS2Le8PVN_1RpyQu1gHCsj-9bNGjoPZWWf-UYE6pA1burjT3fm28OSB15U5tI3GoFs-qI3Qis4NehuDz1y5PMg5g5fxkkXG5iL9Uk6XDEbVX0tYWllBpBUVy48w_1D-X-4jpTnU7Y7hVMlCKrGPpKSuZamXysee1xcLPRPYorwYdGnf8UzuR5Uuyh61COrEQox6AXGHM7aSADvPuQyrklK9Y3TPqavXaTOcC_12fcZYEHchp6DoAiVT7JPFrRJ956czPlziqV1cee3gadxRJgjqjVLeRyG6EG1SQ44sEQ5H9Y-q8gGteSczt4SksFV_1wNyMrHFZzc3U9LFDrrOj-ubVS8jmYJDnWU3eUeTOFkXIUHOnlQ_12a2c6UgvLikF0klSdCWdeGXQn5g
ibvm73vOqvJHJC.jpg

Edit: this is a gameplay shot btw.

arne

I think those screens were from the batch we sent for a print only feature in Japan. They may have been accidentally distributed. We'll see what happened, but regardless enjoy!

Oublieux

The point being, if Arne is saying that, we've got it wrong.

And I don't necessarily mean the translation. Maybe the original text has it wrong.

I actually thought about that, but the site is simply quoting a press release from SCEK; unless Sony itself is misinformed, I wouldn't call it off.

I actually thought about that, but the site is simply quoting a press release from SCEK; unless Sony itself is misinformed, I wouldn't call it off.

That's a fair point, definitely. There have been more egregious corporate miscommunications between the language barriers of different international branches of Sony. Playstation Turkey comes to mind. Though that could be more likely attributed to the blunder of one man.

Then again, so could this!

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
there cant be cross-multiplayer. All DLC Maps are included and combined in one playlist. Playing 30fps against people with 60fps would be unbalanced. And finally, If you cant carry over your PS3 level and stats, then they are obviously using a new system for PS4.

Rainy Dog

Is anyone able to confirm that I'll definitely be able to play with UK friends if I get the US digital version of this for the uncut multiplayer? Did this affect the the PS3 versions?

tfur

hmm i traced the image and found this:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=https://addleaf.com/articles/53b271b21d4afeb9448b4569&prev=/search%3Ftbs%3Dsbi:AMhZZit6WlxJyJL9I0FmWzoFLSqgiB_1PQT-ZD37P9jtqNmv7ZF4Ewy_1SyWwNgwbi-Sq1tBme1SNiyy21FB-H3ZFaQIC5zKDEcz1p4hK16hWLgj74vH_1-8ZYUpYUOyoxbb0LWHhVDqs5fJkw0EF97KnpV-sZQgdgdnSLVnPjVv9K1K4lccO4Ipm-V758JQJwU5BPML28mjd_12gp48YKhQU8wMb515BirMTbdAUBTyMMI8_1XdVj4-pNwWcKl2E3zkbP8QkgPXtIuVx8GEM_1t3ZYaG-zssIxulv0mQHWz3_1v8_10WwEY2_1aZDrJiyBTW_17e6BVHLwqrPS32F9j07gTsLmUiwKT2AX4yjKJrmq-b8NNYjc1y7NLa_1DFdCv37MbDeaMwVsoV4mnxkiZKYuZVK4Tj2d-fs8J1rR7odRTPsVd1EXhfteM1J24sV3A2Gl4TTEE27tEOjlUjzaMk3EKxbWK6MLrIQcFNImDUWLTisBjfFsR9i04SQgIB2uQySSeNVkFSWHkFSXotRr45dBJJOX1PhQ0ZJc6Xm9B0I2ysqWUdoRANcVJeaHwB6zRZ68G_1Jb6xgpVaXATbv6jp6d0I4olVZrOeZkZfOO3Wf3Vu6gJSD2hOx8FHJ8pMfTbR5wcYphqi5Ge9LymHfGp5-RD20a9H_1FDdXYBnMyf_1delViTl5BUFOwW7r3ORpRYea3w9hzpa3y63Hc8rOZcwQcXuVKxgDGByhYdUZsuStYU2TbPGR20k-F79YCX4CtsAMOMEoDZJmRC0Odb4bqrn_1u4zWFV1_1ebSfwEO_1is3DcGXSQOkYLpxcdivBKzBTcL-10YIcLPmti28bVVb3m6EIoOjRMji_1qDcWHuuPEwsMPaCsp7pSpUN8PGuJk9BKeh4-bzaterCxazTn0XtGjUJR4o6x2osUSwtZQqlzIMuA5XbATHT34H0Tb7Dg-t77ybXMNz8NzYp-wRsOiX1ofrO9uaUszXBzGcnjiZJWqTceUfhM-y-xuuuzX5i6hF9g8aHcnS5-4VRr59qYK8UaO0itkCqvQ5qng5zS2Le8PVN_1RpyQu1gHCsj-9bNGjoPZWWf-UYE6pA1burjT3fm28OSB15U5tI3GoFs-qI3Qis4NehuDz1y5PMg5g5fxkkXG5iL9Uk6XDEbVX0tYWllBpBUVy48w_1D-X-4jpTnU7Y7hVMlCKrGPpKSuZamXysee1xcLPRPYorwYdGnf8UzuR5Uuyh61COrEQox6AXGHM7aSADvPuQyrklK9Y3TPqavXaTOcC_12fcZYEHchp6DoAiVT7JPFrRJ956czPlziqV1cee3gadxRJgjqjVLeRyG6EG1SQ44sEQ5H9Y-q8gGteSczt4SksFV_1wNyMrHFZzc3U9LFDrrOj-ubVS8jmYJDnWU3eUeTOFkXIUHOnlQ_12a2c6UgvLikF0klSdCWdeGXQn5g
071.jpg

I am so ready for "The Last Survivor: heavy plate"

HOLY SHIT THAT LOOKS GOOD ND!!!

The level of detail rivals some of the best CG I've ever seen. It's almost photo-realistic. Almost.

21 Days and counting...

Top Bottom