• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

mrklaw

MrArseFace
hmmm i remember Neil Druckmann hints towards the use of touchpad but didnt go in detail about what it is for.. anyone here knows ? or did i miss something..

Sudden Clarity (or slow poke) : holy shit ND is Neil Druckmann / Naughty Dog..

Shiv lock picking mini game

DieH@rd

Banned

Riozaki

Banned
18.jpg

Hmmm... Thinking about canceling my pre-order, since they're being so secretive with the footage. I liked the game on PS3, but the cutscenes shown so far look barely improved, and I'm guessing gameplay isn't faring much better if they refuse to show it.

Loakum

Banned
Can someone be kind enough to sum up what I read the last few pages? Lots of crazy posts with which I can't find the context.

If it wasn't for the title, I would believe this was a The Order 1886 thread. *shakes head* I'm just entertaining myself by reading the comments...

ocean

Banned
What the actual fuck is happening here? It's some sort of pre-launch anxious hysteria overwhelming the board.

So ready.

This has probably been asked a million times but I can't find the answer anywhere;
Can I use my ps3 save game? Is there some kind of discount for ps3 owners?

It has been asked a million times but that's okay.

No and no. If you bought the DLC weapons and stuff that will be free on the Remaster and all the other DLC (maps, Left Behind) is included, but there is no discount.

Think of it like a GOTY Edition. It's 10 bucks cheaper than a new game, it comes with all the DLC, it's out a year later. It's a major added bonus that we get better visuals and performance. If people think of it like that they wouldn't be so up in arms about the no discount thing, but the fact that it's a port muddies the water.

Linconan

What seems to be the problem?
A Masterpiece doesn't need an update.
Just a pic of the Cover for pre-ordering is all you need.

*walks out of thread quietly*

Local games shop has the game in stock, just received confirmation email. Not 100% sure it's true although employees are stating it is, also the store has a history with Sony games arriving early (some people got their Uncharted 2/Killzone 2 about 2 weeks prior to launch). Unfortunately for some years they started to respect the launch dates so no hopes for early hands-on.

That's weird. It only went gold yesterday.

Can someone be kind enough to sum up what I read the last few pages? Lots of crazy posts with which I can't find the context.

Almost nothing. People are just antsy because there hadn't been an gameplay footage.

Local games shop has the game in stock, just received confirmation email. Not 100% sure it's true although employees are stating it is, also the store has a history with Sony games arriving early (some people got their Uncharted 2/Killzone 2 about 2 weeks prior to launch). Unfortunately for some years they started to respect the launch dates so no hopes for early hands-on.

My response to reading this was "Yes? Yes?? Yessss? YESSSSS! Y--aw, well, fuck."

DieH@rd

Banned
No lighting improvements?

Its in the game:

"We brought in all the hi-res models, and then it’s on par with what you saw in the cutscenes. There’s an improved lighting model. After that, we started looking across the board; enemies look a little blurry up close, so that was pretty easy. We ramped those up and saw a pretty significant difference. Our cinematics are now running at 1080p and 60fps, and that involved rendering them all from scratch. It’s interesting that now [instead of a technical bottleneck], the bottleneck is ‘Can we fit all this on the disc?’“ "
http://www.edge-online.com/features/the-last-of-it-naughty-dog-on-bringing-the-last-of-us-to-ps4/

where are those slides from..? the twitter account is a Meristation guy.. are these official ND slides or some made by Meristation?

I didn't post them but I have no idea. The guy has more than 2000 followers so I say he might be reliable.

Or there's a 30fps option because some people really do believe that 30fps is more cinematic. One ND staffer said that they'd worked hard to get the drops at of the 60fps framerate.

Well that's interesting either way.

It says 1080/60 in SP and MP so it's clearly sixty, just not a locked (capped) 60 I'm sure. I imagine the locked 30 is for anyone that wants an experience with absolutely no drops/stuttering or who wants the framerate to more closely resemble the PS3 original. For some reason.

Infamous also added the 30-lock option but that never ran at a smooth sixty (hovering between 40-50) and they never claimed it to, like ND is.

darkwing

It says 1080/60 in SP and MP so it's clearly sixty, just not a locked (capped) 60 I'm sure. I imagine the locked 30 is for anyone that wants an experience with absolutely no drops/stuttering or who wants the framerate to more closely resemble the PS3 original. For some reason.

Infamous also added the 30-lock option but that never ran at a smooth sixty (hovering between 40-50) and they never claimed it to, like ND is.

This is most likely hence the 30fps lock option

Top Bottom