• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Man

They should have had it be a secret day one patch feature if they really are hitting a good stable 60fps as it only creates doubt at this point.

arne

I really wouldn't worry about it everyone. Here's the thing. if we say it's absolutely 60 and and someone goes somewhere and spins the camera constantly and creates explosions and water splashes while looking at epic giraffics and it dips to 59.9 and someone can tell, someone will want to sue papa sony for not being truthful in their ad/marketing materials or something. we just gotta be cautious. i don't think anyone where is going to be displeased by the performance - except dark10x maybe. but that's dark10x and we included that 30fps mode for those 2 out of 8 times he prefers 30fps.

while this question came up a lot today because that's their job, I didn't see anyone doubt we've got a solid looking and frame rate-ing game.

Eggbok

igAMCjVbSEMaB.jpg

I WANT THIS TO BE REAL YOU GUYS!!!

Bundy

Banned
I really wouldn't worry about it everyone. Here's the thing. if we say it's absolutely 60 and and someone goes somewhere and spins the camera constantly and creates explosions and water splashes while looking at epic giraffics and it dips to 59.9 and someone can tell, someone will want to sue papa sony for not being truthful in their ad/marketing materials or something. we just gotta be cautious. i don't think anyone where is going to be displeased by the performance - except dark10x maybe. but that's dark10x and we included that 30fps mode for those 2 out of 8 times he prefers 30fps.

while this question came up a lot today because that's their job, I didn't see anyone doubt we've got a solid looking and frame rate-ing game.
Thanks for the info ^_^

I played it on PS3 and absolutely loved it and purchased PS4 version. I will gladly play this version at 59.9 fps. P.S can we expect a gameplay video prior to release?

orochi91

Did you fix the Z-fighting yet?

alright, thanks arne. It shouldn't be an issue having 60fps most of the time and in some occasions the framerate dips a little (the same happenned to ps3 version, and that was in 30fps ballpark). It looks a fantastic remaster and the enhancements to the IQ + draw distance makes me really excited to play the game again =)

Lmao.

viveks86

Hope you finished tightening up the giraffics while at your parents' basement before the game went gold.

My demo began in the safe house from the “Bill’s Town” chapter, and everything, from a picture of a horse pinned to a billboard to the fine print stamped on food canisters, was presented with amazing clarity.

Hnnnghhh. I'm going to spend so much time looking at all the little details like this with the photomode. The console screenshots thread is going to HATE me :p

"Hey gaiz, look at the veins in this leaf, ITZ SO REULISTIK!"

Vashetti

Banned

Will there be a day-1 patch?

Winter John

Gold Member
Maybe you've heard about what, from your perspective, may sound like a major nitpick, which is the ally AI going nuts and running wild without being detected. It's a correct design decision (it would be very frustrating from a gameplay point of view if you got a game over when that happens)

Are you seriously suggesting that having your partner leaping around a room full of enemies and remaining invisible to them was a correct design decision?

Delt31

i got to be honest - I always thought this game would be locked at 60 and thought this thread was all a bunch of bollacks but wholly shitballs - that IGN preview pretty much killed that assumption. They basically said it's only rock solid 60fps on cut scenes and that it strives/targets 60fps during gameplay meaning it's not locked. They would never use that language otherwise nor would they call out the difference b/w gameplay and cut scenes.

wow - big news if you ask me as the haters seem to be right about this one (assuming IGN is correct).

HORRORSHØW

59.9? preorder cancelled.

i got to be honest - I always thought this game would be locked at 60 and thought this thread was all a bunch of bollacks but wholly shitballs - that IGN preview pretty much killed that assumption. They basically said it's only rock solid 60fps on cut scenes and that it strives/targets 60fps during gameplay meaning it's not locked. They would never use that language otherwise nor would they call out the difference b/w gameplay and cut scenes.

wow - big news if you ask me as the haters seem to be right about this one (assuming IGN is correct).

did you bother to read arne's post?

We have a guy from ND in this very thread telling us not to worry about it, vs IGN acting like there's a significant difference between cutscene framerate and in-game framerate.

I'm not expecting the game to be 60fps 100% of the time, that would be an unrealistic expectation, but I'm more inclined to agree with Arne when he says "don't worry about it", over IGN.

But that's just me....

EL CUCO

IGN has no clue what framerate is.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Are you seriously suggesting that having your partner leaping around a room full of enemies and remaining invisible to them was a correct design decision?
I didn't play the version where that wasn't the case but that was the last minute design decision they made.

The version I did play was fucking awesome and GAF GOTY awards agree with me, giving that no other game has ever won it this convincingly.

I haven't seen Canis lupis around. =/
I've seen him. You could always PM him to ask what's up.

Man I see myself spending hours messing around with photo mode. Will this get its own photo mode thread for everyone to showcase their pics like we did for Infamous: SS?

Jigolo

Nah, he's doing his best to dispel immediate concerns. It's better than waiting for the inevitable DF analysis and reviews.
But it's really not that serious. TLoU going do the mid to low 20s on PS3 wasn't a big deal either. I don't know why GAF likes to lose their minds over these things.

What I do know is when the DF article hits that thread is going to get bloody.

prwxv3

But it's really not that serious. TLoU going do the mid to low 20s on PS3 wasn't a big deal either. I don't know why GAF likes to lose their minds over these things.

What I do know is when the DF article hits that thread is going to get bloody.
It was a big deal though

viveks86

I had figured things were settled down around here but that IGN preview cast the doubts with that weird wording, not GAF.

Isn't it though?

Yeah I don't think they are being vague. But I do think there is the possibility of them simply interpreting the word "target" and the 30 fps option, as opposed to actually seeing dips. May be they did see dips, but that has not been stated explicitly.

Top Bottom