• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

HORRORSHØW

for anyone wondering about IGN's ability to speak about technical things:

ibfFPdC8I92cTj.gif

image.php
indeed.

freefornow

Gold Member
....someone will want to sue papa sony for not being truthful in their ad/marketing materials or something. we just gotta be cautious. i ............/QUOTE]

When was the last time a company was sued for this? Does anyone know?
This could be a huge windfall for an aspiring young lawyer, because there would be plenty of examples of games where the frame rate does not match what is stated in marketing.

Gbraga

Is this recent? People learn, it wouldn't be fair to bring it up if it was from like 2006 or something.

They were able to see the difference for themselves now that 1080p is the new standard on consoles (at least on PS4, I guess), no better way of learning than that.

If it's recent, then carry on.

Is this recent? People learn, it wouldn't be fair to bring it up if it was from like 2006 or something.

They were able to see the difference for themselves now that 1080p is the new standard on consoles (at least on PS4, I guess), no better way of learning than that.

it was at the current gen launch, circa 2013.

wat

c'mon son

Are you new to gaming ?

In fairness, I seldom have viewed IGN content/coverage, outside of Neogaf, it is only Eurogamer that I visit regularly.

Is the IGN website staffed by incompetent, simpering freeloaders, gleefully grabbing for a free game, slice of pizza and a seat at the back of an auditorium...?

I have no idea and am not in a position to comment.

However, my expectation based on what I have read across the different coverage of this game, is there will be frame rate drops below 60.

Is it likely to impact my enjoyment of the game, very unlikely.

Would I trust a community manager regards this, of course not. The same way i would not trust any salesman...

Happen last year if i remember right .

This shit real?

Happen last year if i remember right .

I believe it was around late February

Before this thread descends back into lunacy I just wanna give a quick thanks to the guys who made it so memorable.

A round of applause for Eggbok's tireless dedication to our demands.

Shotouts to Plainr_ for taking it to the next animated level.

Credit to Ricky_R For his original cockpit edit...

...That allowed GavinUK86, Gbraga, and myself to get away with editing it into this thread tribute. It was going to be an alternative for those who missed boarding the first flight, but once it was clear that no one was getting Left Behind I decided to add a few of the other things that made this thread great; david3foster's anus x-ray, SovanJedi's XBONE copy of TLOU, giraffes who know no bounds, and the sneaky bottle of anal lube in the bottom right corner for Raptor.

And finally, excellent work, griffy! The man who made it a reality. A neoGAF collaboration for the ages.

It's a simple thing, but crazy things like this make you feel part of a community.

This can't be real. It's like it's something some PR guy for a 540p game said to them once and they just straight up bought it like "Yup, sounds legit".

It's real, but you have to keep in mind that it's from their Xbox podcast.

Anyway, the only thing I see everytime that gif is posted is the massive overscan on the TV in the back.

I really wouldn't worry about it everyone. Here's the thing. if we say it's absolutely 60 and and someone goes somewhere and spins the camera constantly and creates explosions and water splashes while looking at epic giraffics and it dips to 59.9 and someone can tell, someone will want to sue papa sony for not being truthful in their ad/marketing materials or something. we just gotta be cautious. i don't think anyone where is going to be displeased by the performance - except dark10x maybe. but that's dark10x and we included that 30fps mode for those 2 out of 8 times he prefers 30fps.

while this question came up a lot today because that's their job, I didn't see anyone doubt we've got a solid looking and frame rate-ing game.
Holy fuck lol. But agreed. I'm sure the game looks amazing.
igAMCjVbSEMaB.jpg

I WANT THIS TO BE REAL YOU GUYS!!!
Oh man, this would be amazing!

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Don't leave without me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Senpai pls

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
for anyone wondering about IGN's ability to speak about technical things:

ibfFPdC8I92cTj.gif

One of those guys also said on this "If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, I don't really care". Shows you they really want to get the truth out there, right?!

GavinUK86

Before this thread descends back into lunacy I just wanna give a quick thanks to the guys who made it so memorable.

A round of applause for Eggbok's tireless dedication to our demands.

Shotouts to Plainr_ for taking it to the next animated level.

Credit to Ricky_R For his original cockpit edit...

...That allowed GavinUK86, Gbraga, and myself to get away with editing it into this thread tribute. It was going to be an alternative for those who missed boarding the first flight, but once it was clear that no one was getting Left Behind I decided to add a few of the other things that made this thread great; david3foster's anus x-ray, SovanJedi's XBONE copy of TLOU, giraffes who know no bounds, and the sneaky bottle of anal lube in the bottom right corner for Raptor.

And finally, excellent work, griffy! The man who made it a reality. A neoGAF collaboration for the ages.

It's a simple thing, but crazy things like this make you feel part of a community.

Lol, it was fun. I'm hoping all this seriousness stops and we all delve back into crazy tomorrow. I had a great time 'shoppin random avatars into the plane.

And I agree, it's always nice when you feel a part of something, whatever it may be.

Well, apart from when it's people sticking things in their butts.

FleetFeet

Wow. Just loving this. This thread is something special, so much goodness out of one topic. I can't imagine how epic the OT will be, with that photo mode and all. I have a feeling it'll be absolutely glorious!

Anyways, If there's a chance, would it be possible if I get a place on this hype plane? It would be greatly appreciated!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Wait what did IGN say
While Remastered’s cinema-rivaling cutscenes always run at 60fps, the in-game action more modestly aims for this same target. Those who’d rather not hover in the high-end range during gameplay, however, can lock the action in at a consistent 30fps.

While Remastered’s cinema-rivaling cutscenes always run at 60fps, the in-game action more modestly aims for this same target. Those who’d rather not hover in the high-end range during gameplay, however, can lock the action in at a consistent 30fps.

IGN for President?

Because that's a whole lot of words that says nothing.

I thought this much was a given.

LegendX48

Looking at that Ign quote again it feels like you can walk away with two interpretations

1) The vague one already made by everyone else about framerate or...
2) Gameplay ain't as flashy looking as the cutscenes?

That or, you know, 32fps confirmed!!!1!!

Linconan

I await the moment, till i have you in my hands.
I fear the moment, holding you in my arms.
Again.
Cannot wait.
Can, not. Wait.

*sobs for joy, sobs for pleasure*
*sobs, for a love one*

Even though I was originally prepared to abandon ship I'm just going to keep on trekking.

Maybe we can talk about the game a little?

As a person who has never played this game before, what about this game should I be most excited about? A feature, a plot point, the ending, what do you think?

And what should I be least excited for?

Don't spoil plot points, though.

For realzies.

Don't ask too much. The least you know the better. Just know that just about every different part of the game comes together (story, gameplay, graphics, voice acting, direction, sound, music) to make one of the best games every IMO, just make sure to play on hard with listen mode off at least. Oh btw it has a very very good multiplayer also.

antitrop

Most excited for: Best cutscenes in gaming, intense action

Don't be excited for: moving ladders, swimming, and pushing wooden pallets.

the 30 fps lock option is very strange....doesn't make much sense

especially given the fact they didn't boast about a 60 FPS lock. I think the frame rate will fluctuate a lot

I think you need to go back and read every last page in this thread to catch up SniperHunter. FPS will be fine, game will look and play great.

Top Bottom