• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

How did he change the pic though?

Is he so cool he has a little Photoshop minion that can quickly shop images?

God forbid he did it himself?

There was an original image that all the extra photoshops were based on. That's what he changed it to.

Someone should remove the Xbox One box so he can change it back to that other image if he wants to.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously, this is already better than MGSV threads! If only Kojima read GAF.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
WsvKTEN.jpg

bahahahha

i got to be honest - I always thought this game would be locked at 60 and thought this thread was all a bunch of bollacks but wholly shitballs - that IGN preview pretty much killed that assumption. They basically said it's only rock solid 60fps on cut scenes and that it strives/targets 60fps during gameplay meaning it's not locked. They would never use that language otherwise nor would they call out the difference b/w gameplay and cut scenes.

wow - big news if you ask me as the haters seem to be right about this one (assuming IGN is correct).

IGN couldn't tell the different between 720p and 1080p unless the tv was at least 60 inches so to think they could tell when the fps dips a couple of frames is stupid. I wouldn't check IGN for gaming news if it was the last site available.

sorry but I trust (somewhat) of an independent source than the ACTUAL DEV of the game. C'mon guys - I know gaf hypes shit but let's not lose our minds and try to ignore what's going on here. If you're not expecting a PS3 game to be rock solid 60fps on NEXT GEN than you're expectations are too low. If this game is not rock solid 60fps, it will be a disappointment simple as that. Not an opinion just a fact. Next gen people we expect better. I REALLY hope IGN is wrong.

I trust independent sources also, if they were blind and have no clue what they are talking about.

seems that way and thanks for reminding me I don't need to buy it but I feel bad for the suckers who ND will get b/c they've been hyping 60 throughout so yes I am disappointed. I did buy wolfenstein.......and although good, way over hyped imo BUT rock solid 60fps (on pc at least).

I have no issue with 30 vs 60 in games but if you're going to sell a remaster of a game that came out on last gen system, hype it's 60 and not deliver, how anyone is not disappointed is beyond me. Good thing is this game will be down to 40 within a month, 30 by october and 25 bucks black friday so I'm holding out.

So now everyone are suckers cause they spend their money how they see fit? I know I am only a junior but please just stop posting. NO ONE, not anyone here or at Naughty Dog, EVER said the game was locked at 60fps. Heck even this very thread title still says targeting 60FPS. Why are you making a big issue out of nothing?

Spongebob

Banned
Guys, IGN aren't 100% stupid.

If they didn't notice dips during pre-rendered cutscenes, but during gameplay, then there probably are dips during gameplay...

Hoje0308

Banned
Sporting twice as many shadows and four times the texture mapping than the title that spawned it, Remastered is noticeably easier on the eyes

I would like to tell IGN to stick this preview up their asses, but that no longer carries the same meaning. That being the case, a simple eye roll seems more appropriate.

How are these people viewed as authorities on anything on than incompetence?

I somehow thought this thread would level out a bit and get back to some "normal" discussion...I couldn't have been more wrong.

Will the OT prevail against the waves of insanity?

Krejlooc

Banned
for anyone wondering about IGN's ability to speak about technical things:

ibfFPdC8I92cTj.gif

I have no idea why, but this is infuriating

This can't be real. It's like it's something some PR guy for a 540p game said to them once and they just straight up bought it like "Yup, sounds legit".

I can almost understand what they're trying to say - they're confusing like 4 or 5 different ten-foot UI principles - but what you're seeing is what happens when people with bad memories try to repeat things they've been told that they don't fully understand. They're basically just misquoting things they heard people with more knowledge than them say.

Krejlooc

Banned
Because they pretend to be experts on the medium, even though they can't discern obvious differences. Just look at their preview for TLoU:Remastered. Twice the shadows, four times the textures. Wow, way to misunderstand some easy to understand technical details, IGN.

I guess that's it. Normally watching average people fumble with technobabble is endearing to me, but that these people get paid for this is disappointing. Even worse when it's not exactly very profound technobabble. This is the type of stuff a flyer at Sams explains to you while you're looking for a TV to buy.

Granted, I never read or pay attention to IGN really. But these people are in no position to speak with any sort of authority.

GavinUK86

Thanks ;) Didn't wanna make it too obvious. Earlier this evening I thought my time had gone to waste editing some of that stuff because nobody noticed it, and then a few hours later it ends up on Neil's phone. Not bad.

who made the original image? lol I added the creepy anime Joel abomination to the right behind Bruce first as a joke and it spiralled into that awesome work of art.

Top Bottom