• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Strider

Are those preorder bonuses a big help? I was planning on picking this up in September, but if that is the only way to get those perks I will preorder now.

Yes but honestly they will make the game too easy for some people. It's not a big deal if you miss out.

DryvBy

I was pretty sure I saw this several times, but isn't the game 30fps lock just for people that prefer that sort of thing?

GravyButt

Last of us anyone ?

Photo%2024-07-14%2C%2012%2046%2007.jpg

I can fit 3. Actually with the plastic wrap on I think I can fit 4, I think I can!!

Phear

How long does platinum take? Any guesses? How many Playthroughs are needed with the remastered edition? was 3 before, right?

Strider

How long does platinum take? Any guesses? How many Playthroughs are needed with the remastered edition? was 3 before, right?

Idk like 60 hours or so? I didn't even bother so not 100% sure.

It's 3 playthroughs and hunting for collectables, plus a bunch of time spent in multiplayer. It's not easy to get that's for sure.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Oh, I didn't know there wasn't any preloading at all. I figured it was just for select titles like on Steam.
There is plenty of pre-loading. This title started taking pre-orders before the pre-order system is in place and doesn't offer it. If they waited two weeks to take people's money it would have pre-loading.

Hubb

If you start with grounded and then go to grounded+ you only need 2 playthroughs. Multiplayer can take a bit to get specially with the new mp dlc trophies.

If you start with grounded and then go to grounded+ you only need 2 playthroughs. Multiplayer can take a bit to get specially with the new mp dlc trophies.
That sounds like it'd be quite difficult, if you played Hard then Grounded+ you wouldn't unlock the trophies for Survivor and Grounded normally?

Hubb

That sounds like it'd be quite difficult, if you played Hard then Grounded+ you wouldn't unlock the trophies for Survivor and Grounded normally?

As far as I know you can only carry over things you've unlocked from grounded to grounded plus. I doubt grounded plus unlocks unless you beat grounded. There was a way to cheese survivor plus to unlock without playing through survivor though. So who knows if you can do the same

Andrew.

Banned
Can someone remind me on how you cheese the difficulty so you can start a Survivor+ run after your initial playthrough?

robotrock

Banned
I actually got it from another show called Frisky Dingo. My PSN name, Wendel_T_Stamps has the same origin.

Barnaby Jones scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wGjb75bDF8

Aw man. Frisky Dingo was so good

I believe the platinum requirements don't include trophies added from DLC, so I assume you don't need to finish the game on grounded at all to get the plat.

Hubb

Can someone remind me on how you cheese the difficulty so you can start a Survivor+ run after your initial playthrough?

I don't remember exactly but it had to do with chapter select and selecting survivor. I'm not sure if you could just jump right to the last chapter on survivor, or just playing the first chapter was enough to unlock survivor plus.

x-Lundz-x

You beat the game on Normal let's say. You start a new game on Survival. Play through the first chapter and quit. Start a new game (chapter select) on Survival+ and play through from there.

Not sure if it will still be like that here though.

You beat the game on Normal let's say. You start a new game on Survival. Play through the first chapter and quit. Start a new game (chapter select) on Survival+ and play through from there.

This glorious cheese is the only reason I got the plat.

Andrew.

Banned

Alright cool thanks. Yeah it will interesting to see if that carries over..

I might have a chance at beating Grounded+ if so.

Scoot2005

Banned
I switched my Destiny preorder to this yesterday. I am excite. Never got to play it on PS3 since I didn't have one. Sucks I know pretty much the whole story but oh well. I'll enjoy it.

Last summer my family was building a house, so my PS3 was in storage along with my PC (we stayed with my parents). Before I put my PS3 away, I played about 2 hours of this game - then didn't play it again despite the hype.

I am VERY excited and feel very lucky to play the remainder of TLOU on PS4. All my friends who played it say it is the greatest story ever told in gaming (and we as a group typically believe 99.99% of game plots to be hot trash). I'm actually taking a day of PTO to get as much in as possible.

ALL ABOARRRRD!

tlou_by_raziel1992-d7razdy.gif

This is pretty fucking great. Well done.

Moozo

If this is in the wild then why isn't there any footage?

Also, does anyone know if the Day One edition has that shitty DAY ONE EDITION text on the front of the cover? I might ask for a standard one when I pick mine up if so.

Top Bottom