• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

What's the optional 30fps lock all about?

Just to stay true to the original or does it up the visuals more?

I have a suspicion that this game has occasional drops (45-60FPS) which causes screen tearing/judder. I hate those things and if those are indeed present I will be turning that lock on in SP.

Yeah man... This game was emotionally stressing. Fron story to environment to bits and pieces you pick up along the game. So many teary eyed cantdealwithit moments. That was good shit ND.
Main game completion spoilers:
Yep, their use of silence and time jumps also really helped the feelings. It kept me interested and wanting more.

antitrop

Thanks! That's exactly what I will do. I just read about "listen mode" and how it's compared to "detective mode" in Batman.

I'll just say that the game is much more immersive and intense if you actually feel out the location of the enemies by your own senses and perception.

Gray Matter

I have a suspicion that this game has occasional drops (45-60FPS) which causes screen tearing/judder. I hate those things and if those are indeed present I will be turning that lock on in SP.

The DF thread will tell us how it runs. If there are frame drops, hopefully they won't be too many.

What's the optional 30fps lock all about?

Just to stay true to the original or does it up the visuals more?

It's just to stay true to the original. I would have loved if the 30fps mode allowed super sampling, or this level of quality

ibhbKJ8Qpy9nuG.png

It would be perfect for photo mode after you complete the first run in 60fps. I hope they can patch some additional graphical effects in 30fps mode at a later time, but for now it does nothing other than lock the framerate to 30.

ClearData

I'm very hyped for the director's commentary with Neil, Troy, and Ashley. It'll be a treat to listen to their experiences in creating such a marvelous game.

As an aside,
After voicing such a charming protagonist in Drake I wonder what it was like for Nolan North to voice such an absolute monster like David.

Gray Matter

I'm very hyped for the director's commentary with Neil, Troy, and Ashley. It'll be a treat to listen to their experiences in creating such a marvelous game.

As an aside,
After voicing such a charming protagonist in Drake I wonder what it was like for Nolan North to voice such an absolute monster like David.

He talks about that in the grounded documentary.

As an aside,

He already had experience playing a homicidal maniac. Easy transition

=P

Aghh, who to believe!?

Seems kind of unfitting to play before to be honest. You already know what is going on in the main story and the major moments have lost their initial impact. Integrating it during the Winter section will flow better; rather than you teleporting back to the time before Ellie and Joel.

May depend on how well you remember the ending of the main game too.

Definitely after or in the middle. Not before.
The DF thread will tell us how it runs. If there are frame drops, hopefully they won't be too many.
I hope there are none!

Looks great for a 1080p port up but it sort of hammers home how far a head next gen is with things like things like dynamic reflections and more advanced forms of ambient occlusion.

Looks great for a 1080p port up but it sort of hammers home how far a head next gen is with things like things like dynamic reflections and more advanced forms of ambient occlusion.

Yeah, when next gen arrived people didn't notice a huge difference but honestly all of those little things really add up. It's jarring going back to last gen now

ramuh

Didn't get far into The last of us when I first rented it. Only played four hours or so and got to some hotel. Anyways. I'm rdy to start delving in now! And then kickin all yo asses in MP!! Blow some legs off! Hah.

kitzkozan

This will be my first time playing TLOU. The screenshots look amazing and I am very excited to play it. But I want to enjoy the story and not get frustrated with it so I am wondering what difficulty to choose. Normal?

Same for me, but I actually did buy TLOU at the end of 2013. :p Given my huge backlog, didn't have the time to play it during the christmas break (along with numerous other games, which is why I didn't participate in the GOTY thread). Then, I saw all the DLC for the game and wondered if I would have to buy the season's pass. Once I heard the news of this remaster, I figured that it would be the cheapest and best option since I have the DLC and a cleaner version of the game (also got a pre-order promo during E3 so I get everything for a very good price).

2014 almost feel like last year for me since I'm about to play Bioshock Infinite, TLOU and GTA V in the upcoming weeks / months lol.

Yeah man... This game was emotionally stressing. Fron story to environment to bits and pieces you pick up along the game. So many teary eyed cantdealwithit moments. That was good shit ND.

Exactly.

The thing is, i played it with my brother at night, for like a week and we experienced the game together (he's 23, i'm 20). Our relationship wasn't really perfect, but these moments kinda forged an stronger bond because we both felt the same: we ended tearing up at the prologue, that first time, ended stressed on some scenes, ended overwhelmed on some moments (Henry's resolution), etc.

And that plays an important part to me.

It's really personal, but this game came in the precise moment of our lives.

Gray Matter

what do you mean come later? as in day one patch?

also we get it on the 30th in AUS which sucks

also why spoiler tag the release date?

I mean I'll start using those a day or two later, especially remote play, not sure the vita it's the best way to play TLoU.

I used it as a hyperbole, decided to tag it lol

Top Bottom