• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Xando

So if i buy the Game in the US store but im playing Multiplayer in Europe will i be able to play with Europeans or do i have to play with Americans?

magawolaz

Oh man, it looks so amazing in motion. The live streams and pics do absolutely no justice to the game.

The animation is so fluid when at 60FPS and the textures are so gorgeous to look at. You can even see Joel's individual chest hairs IN GAMEPLAY!.

Those newspapers and books you find scattered around? You can actually read what they say now.
zIDAUly.jpg

Oh man, it looks so amazing in motion. The live streams and pics do absolutely no justice to the game.

The animation is so fluid when at 60FPS and the textures are so gorgeous to look at. You can even see Joel's individual chest hairs IN GAMEPLAY!.

Those newspapers and books you find scattered around? You can actually read what they say now.

Glorious chest hair in 1080/60?!?

This I have to see.

Bring on Tuesday!

Then just keep changing back from 30fps to 60fps. Play it for a good 10 minutes at 30fps, then change it and you should be able to instantly tell the difference. Or try this:

http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html

Stare at the 30fps cube only for 10 seconds or so, then do the same for the 60fps cube. If you can't tell the difference....my condolences.

Thanks for posting this. This is the first time I've noticed a clear difference bt 30 and 60 in this site tests. I typically am not picky with a games performance unless we're talking 15fps, but this makes this so much clearer.

Nokterian

Even if you don't perceive it visually, it should make the game play better, the controls more responsive, since it is updating your controller input 60 times per second as well instead of 30. So say you start running forward in 30 frames per second, but it happens between frames, then you wait until the game refreshes the next frame before your character starts to move on screen. At 60fps there would be an extra frame between those two so character movement is simply more responsive.

ani-chuck_norris-thumbs_up.gif

is the mp in this game any good? i played couple of matches on ps3 and can't tell. dedicated servers?

MP is awesome once you get the hang of it! It's heavy on staying together and working as a team, as well as crafting and being stealthy. It's a lot of fun, and very different than most MP games I've played.

Nokterian

Imma going to buy 50 dollar psn card, add it to my US PSN account and then start pre loading it (pre load is ready right or not yet?). So i can play the no bullshit version that sony is shipping to every EU country because they don't want to make a separate version for germany alone.

Hubb

Imma going to buy 50 dollar psn card, add it to my US PSN account and then start pre loading it (pre load is ready right or not yet?). So i can play the no bullshit version that sony is shipping to every EU country because they don't want to make a separate version for germany alone.

NA doesn't have preloading. Not sure how that is going to work out for you.

chaosaeon

Looks great for a 1080p port up but it sort of hammers home how far a head next gen is with things like things like dynamic reflections and more advanced forms of ambient occlusion.

I was kind of hoping there would be some sort of reflections on the water or other things. Some parts the water really looked weird like the screenshots where it's very crayon green with very little shadows or depth to it, even considering the situation of the story. Always felt like the water should've been darker with a little bit of transparency on the very top. But then again I'm nuts and spent far too long modding water in Crysis games than I should admit lol.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Couple of quick questions, If one of y'all would be so kind

What's grounded difficulty? I haven't played the game in a year and don't remember this.

Will Left Behind be unlocked from the get go? I haven't played it so it's what I'm looking forward to most in the remastered version. If so do you guys think I should play thru the main story first again anyway?

Top Bottom