• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Slixshot

Banned
i3pZE1YriFtha.gif

It's a knife!

hahahahah

gsethi523

Neo Member
does anyone know of any stores in NJ that are selling copies early? i was hoping to pick up a copy somewhere this weekend so i can get some playtime in while im free!

MattyG

Banned
Wouldn't it be way too early for anything like that to be happening?
Well the movie was announced in mid March. I don't know how long they'd been working on it before that or what movie production timelines are usually like, but I would think 4 months would be enough to nail down casting at least, right?

Since some people don't seem to know, a TLOU film is already in the works with Neil Druckmann attached to write the script (the only thing that truly makes me excited for it). We already have learned a little bit about it with Neil confirming that it is an adaptation of the game, Joel and Ellie's story, not something else in that universe but saying "As far as where we go and how we make it fit into a film, how it takes into account the unique properties of film... We're not sure yet. We're only just scratching the surface."

So it is possible, even likely that Comic Con has a bit of TLOU movie info since we're already past the announcement stage.

Well the movie was announced in mid March. I don't know how long they'd been working on it before that or what movie production timelines are usually like, but I would think 4 months would be enough to nail down casting at least, right?

Possibly, but look at how long it usually takes videogame movies to make it anywhere near actual casting and production. An Uncharted movie was known before TLoU the game was even announced and we still don't even know who's going to play Drake.

MattyG

Banned
Possibly, but look at how long it usually takes videogame movies to make it anywhere near actual casting and production.
True. Hopefully this is just a case of Sony wanting to strike while the iron is still hot and not dragging their feet like they have with Uncharted. I'd imagine they'd want to get this going as soon as possible, so interest in the game can just carry over into the movie. I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

The hand looks like one from a grown up so I'm gonna guess movie casting or the voice actors dressed as their characters for a panel related to One Night Live.

Okay, this actually makes a lot more sense. I had forgotten about One Night Live. I'm now convinced that's what it's about.

StuBurns

Banned
Maybe they're going to make another single player DLC to explain the title screen.

Yes, it's clearly that, anything less will make me profoundly disappointed, my expectations are now set.

Gaz_RB

Oh we're setting unrealistic expectations for ourselves?

The image is obviously a hint towards a 2 player coop mode called Survival, where Joel and Ellie must survive together in Bill's Town for as many days as they can against increasingly difficult odds, setting traps and scavenging for supplies.

The image is obviously a hint towards a 2 player coop mode called Survival, where Joel and Ellie must survive together in Bill's Town for as many days as they can against increasingly difficult odds, setting traps and scavenging for supplies.

Would buy.

MattyG

Banned

This is actually a really great idea. Dammit Gaz, now I'm disappointed that I'll never get to play this!

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

Cubed

So, what ever happened with that Baltimore Walmart?

Are they selling it early?

I live in Baltimore and can be over there in about 10 minutes.

Edit: to clarify, the reason I'm asking, even though I can be there in 10 minutes and see for myself, is that parking in the city is a pain in the ass and I don't want to lose my parking spot for no reason. Just figured I'd address that before someone makes a smart ass comment telling me to just go check, myself.

Zee-Row

Banned
I hope this game boots up much faster than the PS3 version. The game sounded like it was killing my PS3 the way the fan was running hard and the noise the disk would make when it was spinning.

MavFan619

Banned

Why do this to me? I want this now :(

Lady Gaia

Wait, doesn't the body still cast shadows under shadow?

In real life? Of course. Ambient light still comes from somewhere, and a decent radiosity / ambient occlusion model would mimic how the light is absorbed by different surfaces including their bodies. It's also far too expensive to do an exhaustive job of so we will probably see limited applications or rough approximations at this generation.

Top Bottom