• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

antitrop

Yeah you guys were right. Really love it. The protagonist is so dang perfect probably the most likable protagonist of a fps since Half Life and this dude even talks.
"And they grieve their dead. Such raw sorrow. Can't partake. Mine would flood oceans. It would drown me. If I let it out."

Never would have imagined the generic military grunt from Wolfenstein would end up one of the best characters in gaming. He's never really been more than a name and a Health indicator. But MachineGames made him something special.

Huggers

Great that Wolfenstein gets so much love on here. GAF knows

Very excited for TLOU. When I played through it originally I borrowed a friends copy and had to give it back before I got a chance to touch the multiplayer. I had no clue it was so popular. Kinda cool in that despite playing it I have a large portion of the game to enjoy. Plus I never got to the DL content.

JLeack

Banned
Is it just me or are the trophies not unlocked yet? Does this mean I'm going to miss out on them for everything I do pre release?

AKyemeni

Is it just me or are the trophies not unlocked yet? Does this mean I'm going to miss out on them for everything I do pre release?
Yeah, there's no way to view the trophy lists. I get an error every time. It seems to still sync to my profile though.

"And they grieve their dead. Such raw sorrow. Can't partake. Mine would flood oceans. It would drown me. If I let it out."

Never would have imagined the generic military grunt from Wolfenstein would end up one of the best characters in gaming. He's never really been more than a name and a Health indicator. But MachineGames made him something special.

Yes yes yes the imagery of that scene as well while he is saying that is so well done.

antitrop

I just finished Wolfenstein a few minutes ago.

That is probably my goty so far.

Aside from The Last of Us: Remastered, Wolfenstein: The New Order is easily, far and away, the best game I will play this year. I doubt anything else coming up this year will be able to touch it.

Don't sweat it I got a fast connection. Here ya go folks.

The Last of Us Remastered PS3/PS4 Comparison
lol, thanks, my upload was at 58%. Fuck Comcast.

Offtopic but do you need a special mic or something when streaming to twitch via PS4 sharing? I was streaming destiny beta a couple minutes ago, had my mic plugged in but the microphone icon was crossed out.

We are so close to release. Tuesday will be a fun day for me. I got my Dark Knight bluray trilogy collector's thing (was 70% off) and this game being delivered. It's like Christmas in July!

Finally some clarification

As covered in our article yesterday, enabling the 30 FPS lock will enable ‘higher-quality shadows in-game’. Our experience so far isn’t necessarily that the shadows are better, but that there are shadows actually missing when the option is disabled. Basically, you’re going to have a slightly better visual presentation at the expense of a 60~ FPS presentation.
http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/732113-7-things-you-might-not-know-about-the-last-of-us-remastered#/slide/1

dolabla

How are they getting the improved shadows @ 30fps? I thought it's gonna be patched in on release day? Not unless the patch is already live.

Friend sent me an example over PSN, he got his hands on the copy early, but you can see the difference.

30 FPS

eGz0Lp7.jpg

60 FPS

OSdtbtT.jpg

Cubed

Definite difference. Not enough to make this guy drop to 30 from 60, though.

Game looks amazing all the way around, though.

dolabla

Friend sent me an example over PSN, he got his hands on the copy early, but you can see the difference.

30 FPS

eGz0Lp7.jpg

60 FPS

OSdtbtT.jpg

Honestly, that's not that big of a deal IMO. I've already played through the game @ 30fps on PS3, so I'd like to experience it a new way (60fps, which also is much improved graphically over the PS3 version).

libregkd

That is a very noticeable difference. 60FPS one though still has better shadows than the PS3, which was expected. Shadows are no biggie to me though so I was going to stick with 60FPS anyway.

Top Bottom