• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered -PS4- $59.99 (SEN Store mistake/leak)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwing

Ehh I loved TLOU (Prolly my fav game of last gen) and I adore ND...But please don't make this 60$.

I mean there would have to be some SERIOUS visual improvements and FPS improvements for me to even consider rebuying it at 60$. Of course I also expect to get all the DLC with this...

this is primarily for those who skipped the PS3

I totally get why they're charging full price. That said, I just can't justify nearly $80 after tax here in Canada since I already paid full price for the PS3 version. I'll bite when it hits $40.

Seanspeed

Banned
Full price stings, but I'm still glad they're doing this.

Just wait til it comes down in price if you don't think $60 is worth it.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Before they disappear. The link to the image directly: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...RE-MSF77008-GAMESHOMEPAGE/nsx/3006/1080663671

The link the banner goes to: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/cid=UP9000-CUSA00552_00-THELASTOFUS00000

and the banner reuploaded to ablode:

5qskc.jpg

So glad I traded my copy of The Last of Us towards my PS4 now.. Pretty scared of what the AU price will be though...

SmokyDave

I'd double dip even if it was identical. PS3 has been repurposed as a GT6 machine in the office so the more ports hit the PS4, the better.

I think I'll go digital this time.

StuBurns

Banned
If the industry shifts from 30-40 bucks hd collections of two-three games to a single "enhanced" port (which basically is flipping a switch for higher res and more fps) for $60.

My post when we heard first of the Definitive edition of Tomb Raider:
Ironic given your avatar.

It's for the market to decide what a product is worth. GotY editions are normally full price or close to it.

Alienous

I'm happy with the price, tbh.

A game that's currently less than a year old, presumably with all their DLC (including a $15 story expansion, that's just months old), and a remastering of assets? Along with being one of the best games ever made?

Seems pretty fair to me.

GlamFM

Banned
I really don't get the expectation that remasters should be cheaper.

People are going to be disappointed a lot this gen I think..

cripterion

Considering the price they're asking it better be a fucking nice quality port with enhancements on par with Tomb Raider.

Nibel

One of the currently worst kept secrets

Just announce it already; 1080p/60 FPS, PS3 save compability and included DLCs and I might get this

Billen

Banned
My surprise from this thread is learning that there are people that enjoyed TLOU multiplayer. :D

I really hope this is released at a decent price point, I would really like to experience it in its full glory on the ps4.

I really don't get the expectation that remasters should be cheaper.

People are going to be disappointed a lot this gen I think..

HD collections containing all 3 games in a series were usually still cheaper than brand new retail games.

Its just slapping a coat of paint on, not that much work goes into it (HD collections that is, not sure about remastering)

Senaxx

Banned
They should do a PS3 -> PS4 upgrade price like they did with all those launch games. $10 for the upgrade version if you own the PS3 original. But then again the PS3 versions didn't come with a code so that's out of the question.

In EU it will be € 59,99 and that's pretty expensive then for a game I already payed € 59,99 for. It better be 1080p 60fps remastered-all-in-one-super-deluxe-ultimate version then.
Including the high poly characters, and textures and worlds.

Full price once again, here I come. If they got some sort of collectors edition I'll get that since I missed out on the old one and now it's like over 150US. Hopefully this Remaster is something along the lines of the Tomb Raider one and not just a resolution and fps bump.

But as someone who has already paid for the season pass and bought this brand new at retail - it sure would be nice for a upgrade feature like with the launch games.

Alienous

My surprise from this thread is learning that there are people that enjoyed TLOU multiplayer. :D

It really is fantastic.

It delivers on the AI promise of the E3 demo. Really tense, really tactical.

Can't wait to get back in with the PS4 version. I was so burnt out after completing the customization item challenges.

Doczu

Ironic given your avatar.

It's for the market to decide what a product is worth. GotY editions are normally full price or close to it.

Not so ironic given i didn't buy the hd edition of WW as i felt it's a big rip-off (although there was work done with the port). Will wait for a huge discount, or buy used.

Yes, it's for the market to decide, blah blah blah. I just hope people aren't gonna whine when this will become more and more overused. People bitch already about f2p games and f2p elements in $60 AAA games, but it's for the market to decide what's worth, right?

If the industry shifts from 30-40 bucks hd collections of two-three games to a single "enhanced" port (which basically is flipping a switch for higher res and more fps) for $60.

My post when we heard first of the Definitive edition of Tomb Raider:

Except there has been huge demand for TLOU specifically on PS4 since a large number of PS4 owners never had PS3's. And heck, if they want to do it for GTA V, BioShock Infinite, and Dark Souls 2. They should and they will sell too because those are games a lot of people skipped in anticipation for current gen. You go back any further then a year and it won't work because anyone who wanted to play that game could have. TLOU however was missed by a lot of people, it could be the Same as the PS3 version as far as I'm concerned and I wouldn't have a problem with it. That said I'm not going to buy it again, not everything is meant for everyone.

TimmiT

Seeing how they seemingly had this ready to go up on the PSN Store, I'm guessing that this will be officially revealed later today.

I hope saves are transferable, one of my favorite games but I am NOT playing through it another 3 times for a second platinum/all unlocks.

Hoping for 60 FPS but would be fine with 30 if they get the IQ high enough. The Last of Us was a gorgous game with great textures/lighting, and so on but it was very aliased and framey at times.

If it's on the store I can't imagine it's not being announced in the morning.

LB's leak was posted/discovered at 3am. ND would confirm it at nearly 5pm. I could see them announcing this earlier though, since i'm sure they'll have screens and trailers to show off. Possibly even some hands on previews assuming that journalists have been allowed to play it early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom