• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4) First trailer up

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdrr gnr

Should add more info in the title (no gameplay footage).

Edit: That's a huge scene to give away. I'd skip it if you're playing for the first time.

jediyoshi

Yeah that was incredibly boring.
image.php

Giraffe scene.

Maybe spoilers?
Yeah, weird choice.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
wow amazing will anyone ever be able to top naughty god???

Oppo

Yeah, weird choice.

Um, PERFECT CHOICE.

Was one of the most memorable 'quiet' moments of the whole game.

It's clear that some video editor was working hard since the leak, and had to probably beg for one single PS4 shot to work with ;)

Didn't really notice any difference if that's supposed to be the remastered footage...

Edit: Eh...a little clearer I guess...possibly smoother. Bloodsugar is low so I'm not going to trust my judgement at the moment.

SJRB

Gold Member
Uh.. is that supposed to be impressive? I don't get it. Also 1 whole minute of accolades is beyond terrible.

Weak trailer, unfortunately.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Uh, it's the perfect choice for this trailer.

I thought the game was great (not GotY or anything like that), but I will buy the shit out of this.

UrbanRats

If you've not played the game, i wouldn't watch this.
The only scene it shows, is somewhat better experienced in the game for the first time.

jediyoshi

Um, PERFECT CHOICE.

Was one of the most memorable 'quiet' moments of the whole game.

Yeah, because it came out of nowhere.

Here everyone who hasn't played it! Check out this scene without any context that won't mean anything unless you've already played it and that was memorable because you already played the game when you did! What

I do wonder if the whole announcement was rushed because of the leaks and accidents (if the PSN banner was an accident)? Isn't a typical ND trailer, but I guess is just a teaser for now.

daveo42

Banned
Checking it out now. Really excited about this game getting a remaster on the PS4. Now I want actual gameplay footage and some hands on impressions about all the changes we are being promised with this upgrade.

conman

Can't believe they'd use that scene in the trailer. Best moment and biggest surprise of the entire game.

But like others have said, either the video quality isn't great or the remastering isn't all that impressive.

EL CUCO

Had almost a 3D look to it. I dont remember the draw distance looking like that. Cant wait wait to double Platinum.

AdanVC

Looks like they're really proud of all those GoTY awards tough... 1:30 trailer with just 10 seconds of game footage and it's a cutscene...

Hahhahahaha...

For those who can't/haven't watched... It's a 1:27 video. 1:13 seconds is slides of the awards that Last of Us for PS3 got. The final 14 seconds is a camera pulling back on a practically static single scene in the game.

Let's compare:

WvKf9BV.png

WHBiRS9.png

PS3
PS4

(PS4 clip taken from Nerfgun's post)

Drakeon

Keep in mind that this is likely a rushed together trailer, as it was not planned to be revealed yet. A whole bunch of leaks happened and they just announced it, kind've like AC: Unity. Although obviously this is further along because its an up port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom