• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us story DLC. Left Behind.

Afrodium

Banned
Great idea for DLC. I'm guessing there will be no combat, since it would make no sense for Ellie to have been killing runners and clickers like a pro before the events of TLOU. All stealth gameplay?

Hamlet

So excited for absolutely loved the last of us so can't wait to explore the world again with this and More Ellie is always a good thing

Vire

colbert-scared.gif

Ellie. :)

This will be my first ever dlc.

Last of us main game spoiler
Riley is the friend she was with when ellie and her friend got infected and her friend died? can´t remember the name anymore.

Spinluck

How astounding is it that we are going to play a single player campaign as two young girl protagonists, one of them likely African American, likely neither of them your typical cliche female stereotype? Has that ever happened in games before?

Thank you Naughty Dog, thank you.

This will be my first ever dlc.

Last of us main game spoiler
Riley is the friend she was with when ellie and her friend got infected and her friend died? can´t remember the name anymore.

Yeah. I just finished the game like 3 days ago lol.
edit: beaten!

I liked TLOU enough to want this. Playing that part of the story should be interesting. Definitely buying it.

I read the first two issues of the comic and and its pretty boring. So boring that I didnt pick up the other issues.

From the looks of it, the dlc is taking place in issue 2. Which I guess makes sense since it reveals a certain element about Ellie that she tells you about in Autumn.

Is that picture of the actress showing up broken for anyone else? I tested it and it was fine when I posted it. She is gorgeous.

Carl

Kind of disappointed it's about Ellie and Riley. We already know what happened to them. I'd rather find out what happened to Ish.

Sitll, exited.

I read the first two issues of the comic and and its pretty boring. So boring that I didnt pick up the other issues.

From the looks of it, the dlc is taking place in issue 2. Which I guess makes sense since it reveals a certain element about Ellie that she tells you about in Autumn.

I haven't read it yet. Due to me moving, it took a while for the collection of the comics to show up to my door. But no bullshit, it showed up today this afternoon with Killzone and Knack. Could not be better timing.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Can't say I'm too excited for a prequel, but TLoU was so great I'll reserve judgement till after playing it. Kind of odd choice too considering that I thought the whole point of the comic was covering Ellie's getting infected. But maybe the comic is just a lead up to this DLC instead which will tell the story of her infection.

synce

Great idea for DLC. I'm guessing there will be no combat, since it would make no sense for Ellie to have been killing runners and clickers like a pro before the events of TLOU. All stealth gameplay?

You could be playing as the other girl, but I think Ellie can hold her own with a knife before TLOU events

Vire

Kinda wish they didn't do the comic and just did this instead. Now we already know what is going to happen verbatim.

ButchCat

I hope this is true survival horror more than anything as in Ellie at this point has no experience in combat.

Pistolero

Those visuals...ok, though they're not technically anywhere near the next-gen games that have been shown, they still somehow make the cut. I mean, you could increase the resolution to 1080p and double the framerate, and you would have a visually striking game, by every standard imaginable. Those guys at ND have top of the shelf artists...

No, the DLC will take place after the comic.
Once Ellie meets Riley for the first time they're together for all 4 issues except for a small part where Ellie goes horseback riding while Riley is looking through a campsite. The comic ends with them going back to the school. So, it'd pick up some time after that since the description mentions that Riley returns reemerges after disappearing for weeks.

Day one, no questions. I still wish they'd announce a PS4 version of TLOU, though. It's going to be so hard going back to 26ishFPS, 720p and a Dual Shock 3 after switching to PS4.

Kinda wish they didn't do the comic and just did this instead. Now we already know what is going to happen verbatim.
Me too. BUT, I won't say no to more, as they'll be able to develop the atmosphere substantially more.
Those visuals...ok, though they're not technically anywhere near the next-gen games that have been shown, they still somehow make the cut. I mean, you could increase the resolution to 1080p and double the framerate, and you would have a visually striking game, by every standard imaginable. Those guys at ND have top of the shelf artists...
The art is incredibly strong in The Last of Us. So so good.

Top Bottom