• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Television Series | Official Teaser Trailer | HBO Max

ChiefDada

Gold Member
If this is a huge success for HBO, I hope they take a chance and make a series detailing the struggles of these two awesome characters.

5S17Urb.jpg

Their dynamic is very underappreciated and is perhaps second only to Ellie and Joel's. In fact, I would say I find theirs to be more engaging.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Trailer looks great as hell. HBO doing justice

But this Ellie actress... She's kinda weird

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Seriously though, I can't stress enough
Bella Ramsey has the look down.
Has this michevious look on her face.
A shame I didn't get into GoT.
Weird that I'm this excited.
Giant fan of Druckman, though
Head and shoulders above most devs.

dcx4610

Looks great. I'm iffy on the Ellie casting but we'll see how the acting is. I didn't think Pedro was a good fit for Joel but after seeing him in the gear and doing the voice, he'll be great.

I guess the only real downside is if you've played the game, it looks like it's pretty much a scene for scene TV show so you know everything that is going to happen. You just get to watch it play out in live action. I guess you could say the same for stuff like Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones too though.

Strider311

I hope one of your kids will be born with a bite problem like her, it's rare but can happen to anyone. You'll see how happy she/he will be, constantly getting laughed at and hearing comments like this.

It's fully fixable through a surgery but a bit risky and can't be done until you're fully grown up, so until then your whole youth is fucked.
Who fucking cares about mine or yours or anybody’s kids and bite problems? Also why would you wish for a kid to be made fun of? I’m just not a fan of the casting choice. Relax.

EDMIX

They'll be weekly, like all their shows.

Will wait till season finale to binge.

I hate that shit lol

I prefer to have the season done, allow everyone to binge so that way when the excitement is up, you can watch till its done aka strike while the iron's hot type deal.

Slothbeing1209 Slothbeing1209 I'm not shocked, they only way they were getting that deal, is if they played hardball as bidding against Netflix and Amazon, you must have a very high budget. I feel that is what lost them shows like House Of Cards as originally, Spacy was looking towards HBO, same with Witcher.

So HBO knows to get content like that, they must bid fucking huge and the budget must reflect the content being made. They probably lost Fallout to Amazon and lost that WWII Airplane show to Apple and felt they needed to go balls deal on some of those offers.

(as it should be anyway)

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Well it certainly looks leagues above: 1) the recent resident evil movie and 2) the recent resident evil netflix series

What a shame Capcom won't give RESI to HBO!

Didnt see Sarah in this teaser

She appears to be Black, now. It would be hard to miss, since she was White in the original version(s). I don't think it matters, though. Even her Black actress looks similar to the White one, sans the hair... and .. that's comedy, because Bella doesn't even look remotely close to Ellie in TLOU. But, if her acting chops can shine through the criticisms, we can move on, especially if the show is successful and, above all; GOOD.

This trailer has me on board. More so than any other game-to-live-action-bullshit, todate. So they did good on that note.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Well it certainly looks leagues above: 1) the recent resident evil movie and 2) the recent resident evil netflix series

What a shame Capcom won't give RESI to HBO!

What would any of that matter? You do know that the studio that did the RE films, did the show right?

You'd just be handing them a budget and saying "HBO is paying now" and they'd just be doing the same thing. So I'd say, you should be questioning the studio involved with making RE vs the distribution company. You are just asking the same writers, directors etc to continue what they started on Netflix, on HBO lol

You'd just get mad when it flops and be like "WOOOOW, why did ya'll let HBO do dis"? lol

Last edited:
I like how the title cards gave Neil his due, too.
Want to put that out there before I forget.
To go from gaming to HBO is quite the step
Stone faced Mando barely registered with me.
Cold reception was what I feared today but...
Stunner of a franchise like TLOU just works.
Druckman deserves everything he gets.

Neil seemed to be, I donno.. stroking his own fucking ego? lol

I don't agree with casting for Joel, Sarah, Ellie, Tommy, Tess or Riley.

All are bad and could definitely have been chosen better.

If it was your job and you have access to clients you'd choose much better.

When the clickers are prettier than Ellie, you know you've fucked up.

100%

Worst casting of all time for me

tommib

I like how the title cards gave Neil his due, too.
Want to put that out there before I forget.
To go from gaming to HBO is quite the step
Stone faced Mando barely registered with me.
Cold reception was what I feared today but...
Stunner of a franchise like TLOU just works.
Druckman deserves everything he gets.
Are these rap lyrics?

I like how the title cards
Gave Neil his due 2
Want to put that out there
Before I FORGET
2 go from gaming to HBO
is quite the STEP

EDMIX

The metrics are insane. It's trending at #1 in the USA already, lmao.

True. Watch this show do massive numbers and The Last Of Us be known for the show before the game.

Walking Dead is literally known for that show before the comics and has its own massive fanbase that doesn't even care for those comics. So I see this show having its own cult following of viewers that are not gamers.

tommib tommib lol yessssss, that post did remind me of how rap bars are usually written. The lolz.

Last edited:
Top Bottom