• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Remnant - New Square Enix RPG revealed in GI

ivysaur12

Banned
So the main characters are standard animu "WE CAN DO IT! NEVER GIVE UP!" and bald space marine. Nice.

EDIT: Those were purely guesses, I have no idea what the characters are like.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Yoboman said:
How about the important stuff like the name and the system?

In the other thread he said "next generation consoles"

Probably means 360/PS3

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
grandjedi6 said:
What kind of name is "The Conqueror"?
Totally kick ass, that's what!
S. L. said:
doesn't sound too exciting so far
Can you really get excited about a game this far into the future? 2008! C'mon. We'll forget about it by next week until someone goes "WAIT WE NEED A LIST" and then it will be in that list.

KurowaSan

Sallokin said:
-Two prominent characters each created to appeal to a specific territory. Rush Sykes will appeal to JP gamers, and "The Conqueror" for Western Audiences. Game won't force you to choose which character you play.

bald space marines confirmed :lol

duckroll

I'll reserve serious comments until I actually see the article/media/pics/whatever but so far it's sounding like a massive cash-in job that's meant to artificially appeal to "everyone" and those never work out well.....

StevieP

Banned
schuelma said:
In the other thread he said "next generation consoles"

Probably means 360/PS3

I don't think anyone, aside from possibly Gearbox, has ported UE3 to Wii yet (Epic certainly doesn't care) so yes, this is a PS360 game. Considering it's set for 2008, I'd say it was started late last year, at the latest, anyway.

ethelred

Sounding fairly cool so far, though we obviously need to hear a lot more still.

I wonder who's making this, though -- it's not a FFVII/FFXIII project, which mostly rules out Kitase/Toriyama/Nomura. It's not Ivalice or an FF port, which probably rules out Itou/Minagawa/Kawazu. It's not the online game, so it isn't the Ishii/Tanaka team.

grandjedi6 said:
What kind of name is "The Conqueror"?

I bet you name him... don't most JRPGs stick you with a set character, but most WRPGs let you name a character? Maybe that's what it is, and why the JP name is set, but the Western character's name is in quotes.

Sallokin

Those are pretty much the main points. There's more screens than text so I'm going to go off and transcribe the whole article now.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
I bet you name him... don't most JRPGs stick you with a set character, but most WRPGs let you name a character? Maybe that's what it is, and why the name is in quotes.

Okay that would be awesome

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Ceb said:
Weren't Mitra a non-human race in FFXI? Is this game from the Enix side of the company?
That was Mithra. And Enix never made games. That was a lie.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
omg omg sounds hot

UE3...I wonder if they have hair, amirite?

Sounds fabolous.

edit: Of course gameinformer gets a lot of exclusives, their deal with GS means they have a large circulation.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
This does signify another Game Informer semi-exclusive announcement, or at least it seems they'll get credit for it at this rate. Steadily improving.

PleoMax

Banned
Oh it has a 360 version too hein?

So...they have like their Basement Floor team on this or something? Or is this for real?

S. L.

RevenantKioku said:
Totally kick ass, that's what!

Can you really get excited about a game this far into the future? 2008! C'mon. We'll forget about it by next week until someone goes "WAIT WE NEED A LIST" and then it will be in that list.
sounding like an offline mmorpg doesn't help.

Krowley

Kandinsky said:
Wii am cry.

I'm a bit saddened by this news.. Hopefully they'll have something for wii at their party. If not I might feel a little bit enraged, but i'm sure square could care less.

:|

I'll hold out till more info comes down the pipe, but I'm not jumping for joy at this news. Hopefully, I'll be slapping myself later...

RevenantKioku

S. L. said:
sounding like an offline mmorpg doesn't help.
People liked FF12.
I don't know why, but they did.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Krowley said:
I'm a bit saddened by this news.. Hopefully they'll have something for wii at their party.

If Wii gets some good stuff Saturday then all is good. If after dominating Japan there are absolutely no new announcements....

Yoboman

PantherLotus said:
UE3 pretty much confirms platform(s).
I have a hard time believing a high profile 360 game is being made by Square Enix or even a multiplat to begin with (when's the last time that happened?) without an actual confirmation

KTallguy

Banned
I bought Unlimited Saga (
for 50 dollars
).

I enjoyed... parts of it!

If this is Kawazu... I'm ... cautiously optimistic?

Top Bottom