• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story is dated for Europe 24/2/12

Suzzopher

The Last Story launches in Europe on 24th February 2012, Nintendo has announced.
The Wii-exclusive role-playing game is the work of Hironobu Sakaguchi, the creator of the Final Fantasy series, and his Mistwalker development studio.
It features a lengthy single-player campaign as well as online multiplayer options, including deathmatch, team deathmatch and co-op. You can play against or alongside up to five other players from across Europe using your customised character from the single-player game.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-08-the-last-story-release-date-announced

Same week as Vita, that is going to be an expensive week for me >_>

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Great news. The Wii has been good to me as a late adopter. I only have Xenoblade, Skyward Sword and SMG1 & 2 so far but I'm finding it hard to be critical of the system. So many hours of quality gaming to be had before the Wii U launches. Bring on The Last Story, Dragon Quest and Pandora's Tower.

FreeMufasa

So like a week after FFXIII-2. I'll still buy it at launch because if it's anything like Xenoblade, there'll be no stock for a while.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Last Wii game I'm interested in along with Rhythm Heaven.

jGAF: does the game support the Classic Controller?

It is? What's in February?
Nothing that would detract from Last Story. It's like.. SSX, Amalur, and Binary Domain are the only things I can think of.

Globox_82

Banned
lol at Nintendo of America. But these games are already in English! Nintendo of America:"We don't give a shit since we can't sell 5 million of each game. Everything under that is flop to us, which means not worth bothering, now go play some waggle game that you purchased from wall mart"

Ydahs

lol at Nintendo of America. But these games are already in English! Nintendo of America:"We don't give a shit since we can't sell 5 million of each game. Everything under that is flop to us, which means not worth bothering, now go play some waggle game that you purchased from wall mart"

Did you miss the Xenoblade NA announcement?

Haunted

FFXIII-2, Vita launch etc.
Well, that's not a very convincing list. You can release a console game in the same month a new handheld releases. FFXIII-2 makes more sense, even if it's a spinoff of a bad game. It still has the FF name and that carries weight.

Still, February doesn't seem that packed. ME3 is March iirc.

nice.

It does but you don't really need it. All the functions fit on the Wii remote buttons just fine. No "hold down c to toggle the dpad's function" BS.
I guess my actual question was if it's all buttons or if there are motion controls (besides pointing) as well. That decides whether I go with the Wiimote or a regular controller on Dolphin. Setting up the Wiimote is kind of a hassle compared to my always-connected 360 controller right now.

-KRS-

Cool beans.

I'm looking forward to see what this game is all about. There haven't really been any info in regards to the gameplay and such right? Other than it'll be a jrpg of course.

hiro4

Too much games..
oh well, still day one.

Do have to finish Xenoblade before I start on this one though.

Medalion

Banned
Last Story in North America?

9vwMx.jpg

Pikma

Banned
I'm import-preordering the @#$% out of this, I don't want to deal with a stock shortage, not again.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's what I'm saying, it's honestly not that packed. That's a relatively low number of releases, and very few interfering with The Last Story itself. I don't recognise all of the games, but I don't see a console RPG in there.

Amalur is an rpg with a lot of steam behind it. That's the only thing I'd worry about competing with it for sales.

monome

Great news. The Wii has been good to me as a late adopter. I only have Xenoblade, Skyward Sword and SMG1 & 2 so far but I'm finding it hard to be critical of the system. So many hours of quality gaming to be had before the Wii U launches. Bring on The Last Story, Dragon Quest and Pandora's Tower.

Regarding Dragon Quest history of rather late localisation outside of Japan, I'd rather have it WiiU exclusive in Western countries if it speeds up its release. It needs a usb add-on, and may require to pay fees on Wii. Making it plug free on WiU and free to play may entice gamers to get a WiiU early on.

That's what I'm saying, it's honestly not that packed. That's a relatively low number of releases, and very few interfering with The Last Story itself. I don't recognise all of the games, but I don't see a console RPG in there.

ME3 comes two weeks after. And March is pretty packed.
February gets Anarchy Reigns, Binary Domain and Asura's wrath.

Still Sakaguchi is the man. Saw the man visitingthe Louvre one day, and I can't tell which is more gorgeous of his stache or wife.

I guess my actual question was if it's all buttons or if there are motion controls (besides pointing) as well. That decides whether I go with the Wiimote or a regular controller on Dolphin. Setting up the Wiimote is kind of a hassle compared to my always-connected 360 controller right now.

No motion or even pointing --- which is kind of a dumb decision because pointing would've been great for when you use crossbows. I played with the Wiimote + Nunchuck and it was awesome. The game has nearly flawless pacing.

Luigiv

British Dubb? Like the awesome Xenoblade
No, apparently treehouse is handling the localisation.

Admittedly it's rather ironic that the Sci-Fi game would have a British dub but the high fantasy game would have an American one. It's completely backwards to convention.

No, apparently treehouse is handling the localisation.

Admittedly it's rather ironic that the Sci-Fi game would have a British dub but the high fantasy game would have an American one. It's completely backwards to convention.

Treehouse! Does this bode will for a NA release?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Treehouse! Does this bode will for a NA release?

I think this one was destined for a NA release pre-Rainfall since it's Sakaguchi's project, and I believe all his stuff always comes out over here. Who knows though. NoA loves being vague.

Haunted

No motion or even pointing --- which is kind of a dumb decision because pointing would've been great for when you use crossbows. I played with the Wiimote + Nunchuck and it was awesome. The game has nearly flawless pacing.
Sounds good! I've played every game the Gooch has worked on as Director or Producer, and I certainly won't stop now.

Boo, British dub ftw!

Ah well, still buying the f**k out of this ASAP.

Just happy its gonna be in English at all. Thank you NoE! :D

Its a shame that it comes so close to FFXIII-2 (I'm one of the ones who actually really liked the original lolz), and I'll also be getting MGS HD collection and maybe Catherine. So much to play, so little time/money lol.

Top Bottom