• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (NA) Limited Edition revealed

zroid

Banned
XSEED has finally confirmed that there will be a limited edition of The Last Story.

However, it will simply be a first-print LE priced at $49.99. In other words, everyone who pre-orders and/or buys at launch will get the LE.

The company also announced a special bonus to be included with launch copies of the game. Gamers who pick up the latest epic RPG from Hironobu Sakaguchi at launch will walk away with a 44-page softcover art book.

The art book (shown above) will come packaged with the game in a custom outer box for all first print copies of The Last Story. The game is set to release in North America this summer for a suggested retail price of $49.99.

401926_10150867942143354_163718093353_9812581_894048843_n.jpg

XSEED also released a new E3 trailer, viewable on the same page.

(sorry if old!)

---

WHERE'S MY METAL CASE, XSEED!?

Shiggy

It's a really great title, my favourite Wii game since SMG2 probably.

That trailer is better than any of the NoE ones...

Jhoan

It's going to be very tempting to get especially since the book only comes with the game in the first print of the game. I've read a ton of impressions on the game and from what I read, it isn't a very good game in comparison to Xenoblade; it's very linear and the game clumsily explains a lot of concepts. But still, I'm a sucker for JRPG's; Gooch needs all the support he can get so he can stay in business so I might just bite.

Galang

Banned
I was just thinking about this today, can't wait!

In the minority, but I always had more interest in this than Xenoblade/Pandora's Tower.

I really want to play this game, but I want it on an HD console. Sigh, I guess I'll go hook up the old boob tube and play it on my Wii ;-;

frequency

I didn't really enjoy the game. I didn't really enjoy the art.
But I'll get this day one to support XSEED physical releases.
I'm a sucker.

Jhoan

I really want to play this game, but I want it on an HD console. Sigh, I guess I'll go hook up the old boob tube and play it on my Wii ;-;

If you have a powerful PC, then you can always play it on Dolphin for an HD experience. Unfortunately, I would be playing it on the Wii itself hooked to a 32 inch LCD screen with component cables. If had a powerful PC, I would have been having an visual orgasm; Wii games look a hell of a lot better on Dolphin.

Busaiku

Was hoping XSeed would go the extra mile and have a CD too, but a bigger artbook's good.
Already have it preordered anyways.

Eusis

Welp, time to cancel and-oh, guess that won't be necessary?

I like how for this they're turning the Xseed logo grey, matching the cover and if Nintendo had published this themselves. Though that last point is ironic given a few years back the RED would've matched Nintendo more.
Was hoping XSeed would go the extra mile and have a CD too, but a bigger artbook's good.
Yeah, no music CD IS disappointing actually. Ah well.

Nooo! Money's to limited right now! But I want that artbook....I think I may get this. To bad its another dual layer game and I won't be anle to play it until the Wii U comes out since my Wii can't read dual layer discs...(And yes, i know all the ways this can be fixed but its not worth it, I'll wait)

I hope this bonus is on amazon. After not getting my Xenoblade artbook I don't wanna deal with GS when it comes to pre order bonuses.

Eusis

Is it available for preorder at the moment?
Offer for all first print copies at no charge, implying existing pre-orders qualify for it.

Though I guess if you haven't already it may be safer to wait unless it's in the Amazon goldbox for you or something.

Levyne

Banned
Thanks. I've never preordered anything from Amazon though, are they good at keeping LE preorders correct? I'd usually go to GS but I'm not planning to play the game until the Wii U comes out...

Well you can pre-order it where you are comfortable with I was checking amazon because it was a quick check. I've never had a problem with Amazon pre-orders.

But it seems like this isn't the sort of thing you'd absolutely need to pre-order to get. I bet you could walk into a Target/BB/GS and grab one.

zroid

Banned
But it seems like this isn't the sort of thing you'd absolutely need to pre-order to get. I bet you could walk into a Target/BB and grab one.

Maybe. XSEED doesn't typically ship huge numbers, so it's hard to say. And TLS is probably their biggest release yet. Remains to be seen if they will over-ship to meet the somewhat higher demand compared to their other games.

Jomjom

Banned
I'm glad I bought the EU LE if that's all that's included with the NA one. The EU one was cheaper too when you factor in tax.

Top Bottom