• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (Wii, Mistwalker x Nintendo) Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Threi said:
MUUUUUUSIC :O

playing TvC and NMH2, Wii definitely brought sexy back this gen.

Plus I can finally start importing wii games, because I got my head out of my ass. That helps too.

chaostrophy said:
So the announcements of this and Xenoblade leave me with the question: get a Wii now in preparation, while current Wii and older Gamecube stuff is still easily available, or hold off for a possible future price drop/backwards compatible HD version?

Or neither, since these games will never hit America.

Shirokun

Definitely intriguing. It's nice that the Wii is getting some presumably high quality RPGs this year.

PS: Holy shit is the Xenoblade music epic!

Kraftwerk

Love the music and a big fan of sakaguchi.The theme of the game seems intriguing too so 'crosses fingers' i will enjoy this.

Pennywise

Kagari said:
:lol So is this Mistwalker's spring game?
Good Question.
There were 2 Projects in development and the question is if the iphone game was already counted in or if another title is in production.

Anyway im hyped even though i wanted a new 360 game from Sakaguchi.
Still its a Sakaguchi game so already bought :x

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
So glad to see Mistwalker is still kickin'. Everything is blocked at work, so I won't be able to check the music out till a bit later. But I'm hoping it's turn-based, Wii needs some good RPGs. (And a US release of Graces)

I feel like I need to apologize to the Gooch. I thought he went mad and this game was his madness. It's really real. Maybe he didn't photoshop people in to those dinner party pics after all.

darkwings said:
so the rumored Lost Odyssey 2 for 360 was never true?

Probably. I'd like to see LO2 someday, but I'm just happy they're working on a big budget project.

Pennywise

darkwings said:
so the rumored Lost Odyssey 2 for 360 was never true?
Not confirmed.
As i told above it was told that there were 2 projects in development and the question is if the iphone projects counts in.
Besides it was told that the announcement of the major title would be in spring and if i look on my calender still some time to go D: .

Amneisac

The nice thing about this is, since it's been in R&D since FF7 came out, it should be right at home on the Wii hardware.

SEE WHAT I DID THERE!?

Just kidding of course, looking very much forward to this one and it's a day 1 purchase for me sight unseen. I have far, far too much love in my heart for a Nintendo / Gooch RPG. Takes me back to the day.

Indyana

schuelma said:
To answer my own question from earlier, this was trademarked in Europe and N.A so right now it is probably coming.
In Europe the trademark is: "The Last Story & Nintendo Device"

H5A8h.jpg

¿Classic Controller Pro? ¿¿Motion Plus?? ¿¿¿Vitality Sensor???

king zell

Due for release in Japan in 2010, The Last Story is a RPG from Mistwalker on the Nintendo Wii which takes on a new direction for the genre. The theme of the game involves the universal feelings all of humanity shares.

say hello to your new controller

wii_vitality_1.jpg

Can't wait to see some footage of this game. The music from the website is good. Hopefully this game will see success proportional to its quality.

mclem

duckroll said:
I thought the last time 3 times Sakaguchi released a game on a Nintendo system, they all bombed terribly.

*They* didn't have that all-important air of finality in their name.

Green Mamba said:
My interest is piqued.

As a side note, I've always been meaning to play Lost Odyssey. Is it worth it?

IMO if you're interested in a game it's always worth it to give it a shot.

I loved LO, but it certainly has its flaws.

Pennywise

New Column on Japanese.
Translated with Google.

Finally announced

The new product was finally released.

Gradually we will have the information in the future.
(First, logo and at the Music)
Stay tuned!

Now
Hen the balance of the battle today
Close to the final phase of production.

@Green Mamba
Yeah go ahead you will enjoy it.

Green Mamba said:
My interest is piqued.

It's a bit of a slow start, but it was a better than average RPG. Unfortunately it didn't grab me the way Final Fantasy games do, but it's much better than Blue Dragon and an enjoyable game.

Teknoman

Green Mamba said:
My interest is piqued.

I liked it. Great soundtrack, decent turned based system with a twist, nice enemy design throughout. Last boss kinda disappointed though, but still a good game for the most part.

Nintendo is going to have one heck of an E3 this year. These 2 announcements, what they announced at last year's show, Zelda, Retro's project, and in addition a possible hinting of what's to come with the next DS. It should be fun that's for sure.

Megaton! Hoping Mistwalker have the success they need on the Wii to make this worthwhile but also hope that all ties with Microsoft haven't been cut just because 360 is getting the Final Fantasy's now. I had a lot of fun with Lost Odyessey until it ground to a halt on the final disc so I'm hoping they can fix the flaws that game had.

JCX

Good news. I've been starved for a good JRPG this generation. The last console JRPG I beat was Tales of Symphonia KoR, and that was just okay.

Galang

Banned
LegendofJoe said:
Nintendo is going to have one heck of an E3 this year. These 2 announcements, what they announced at last year's show, Zelda, Retro's project, and in addition a possible hinting of what's to come with the next DS. It should be fun that's for sure.

Pretty much! And I'm sure there will be at least one other surprise.

Didn't expect this at all, happy to see more RPG goodness! Looking forward to more info in the following months. :D

Lando Jones said:
Came to post the same thing. Interest level went from :D to :lol in about 2 sec because of this.

I'll wait to pass judgment though, could be wrong..

Rumble was funny too when it first came out

Lando Jones said:
Came to post the same thing. Interest level went from :D to :lol in about 2 sec because of this.

I'll wait to pass judgment though, could be wrong..
Sakaguchi says his new game explores stupid humanistic potsmoker musings about feelings and you're worried something's going to be different about this game?

LegendofJoe said:

Not if they hide it in their site and not show it.

Agnates

Banned
Even if the sensor is a mere gimmick at best, surely you'd trust Mistwalker to still have a good RPG underneath? I don't see why you'd be excited for the developer's potential then see it as a joke because of an accessory they MIGHT be supporting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom