• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The latest XKCD (Click and Drag) is Epic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ektoll

Argh, I was dragging like a madman and I accidentally clicked on a shortcut on my bookmark bar! :mad:

Edit: Did someone saw Becky?

cm7TD.png

aku:jiki

Cave got too large and boring with not enough stuff in it, getting back out would be even more boring... Waiting for a complete image now, hurry up internet!

Zeppu

WTF I stopped to go down the
mario pits
and I cannot find the f**king end.

HOW BIG IS IT.

Me too :(

After reaching the 3rd cave under the cave I just quit.

I could get all tiles for you people if you like, but someone will have to stitch them together.

MikeOShay

Neo Member
About 12% downloaded so far. The whole image is something like 160,000px wide.

Out of curiosity, how the heck are you downloading this thing? Couldn't figure out where it was loading from in the source code, granted I didn't look all that hard since I saw you were already on it, and so I didn't check out all the javascript coding.

Zeppu

Out of curiosity, how the heck are you downloading this thing? Couldn't figure out where it was loading from in the source code, granted I didn't look all that hard since I saw you were already on it, and so I didn't check out all the javascript coding.

Example url (far left side)l:
http://imgs.xkcd.com/clickdrag/1n34w.png

Just change the numbers preceding n and w. You can also go s and e obviously.

It really is massive, and it's not a rectangular shape either.

strata8

I'm using Python to iterate between 1 and 50 on each axis (the highest number I've seen is 48) and download the tile if it exists. It's a really simple script, but it takes a while because you need to check for all 10000 possible tiles even though there might only be 2000 or so.

Sober

Wow, found those crazy huts underground, just followed the tunnels up and I end up in world 1-1. I started on the left side tunnel entrance too.

MikeOShay

Neo Member
I'm using Python to iterate between 1 and 50 on each axis (the highest number I've seen is 48) and download the tile if it exists. It's a really simple script, but it takes a while because you need to check for all 10000 possible tiles even though there might only be 2000 or so.

Badass, and I admire your judgement in checking every combination. What are you going to use to put them all together? I know when you're finished you said you're going to put the image on that zoom site, but can you arrange all the pieces there as well?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
fuck this i've been here for hours

jhust found pyramids and a graceyard underground

and some creepers and minecraft

strata8

Badass, and I admire your judgement in checking every combination. What are you going to use to put them all together? I know when you're finished you said you're going to put the image on that zoom site, but can you arrange all the pieces there as well?

Hdmake. You can give it a single image or a bunch of tiles and it outputs a deep zoom image that you can load with Seadragon. It's really great =)

edit: 60%

Eidan

I only stayed above ground. No way in hell I'm venturing into any caves. I'll just wait till the full image is ready.

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
Why is this cave so compelling.

Every time there's a funny little bump I am like HOLY SHIT A THING IS COMING

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I think the pyramid in the first big hollow beneath the Mario pitfalls might be NERV HQ.

fucking hell, that's where it comes up?

i went left for a long time, then found tunnels then followed them til i got to the pyramid.. and thats back on the right.. good lord

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Phew, I'm tired and I know I haven't seen most of it. I suppose I'll have to look at more of it tomorrow. :eek:

Scrolled all the way right until I hit the balloon guy, and occasionally up at towers. Still missed loads of stuff by the looks of this thread. Amazing picture.

Ferga

I dragged up immediately and saw one of those tower cranes holding another tower crane

I went above the skyscraper and haven't seen anything but white for a minute. I tried scrolling back down and I can't get back into the picture

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
I thought it was well done. I did the whole thing, it was surprising at how big it ended up being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom