• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

The Left in the UK, Labour anti semitism and me

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
well they did have a description instantly, here's an article from the day:

You realize this doesn't contradict my criticism of an article for stating 'unknown', right?

My point is that of course a description, if not names and addresses, existed from day 1.

Edited to add: searched around to find how the BBC reported on this attack... can't even find an article. Anyone?

Last edited:

funkygunther

Dec 22, 2018
You realize this doesn't contradict my criticism of an article for stating 'unknown', right?

My point is that of course a description, if not names and addresses, existed from day 1.

I know it doesn’t, I’m not trying to contradict you. I’m merely providing some evidence.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
I know it doesn’t, I’m not trying to contradict you. I’m merely providing some evidence.

Ok, cool. Sounds like we're somewhat on the same page.

To put my concerns as blunt as possible: the media's generally myopic and ideologically driven views on 'hate crime' and the problem with 'white supremicism' is massively dangerous to minority populations, destructive of communities and national cohesion, and is leading us away from the light.

We see this in both directions. Smollet, and any other story fitting their preconceived narrative, become national headlines. Again and again, we see these high profile hoaxes [Smollet, the 15 items or less lady, the guy who stole his own tv, countless faked swastikas, etc] fall. Meanwhile, real people with real concerns get smeared as racist for asking the wrong question. Meanwhile, politically engaged people with serious questions about, say, migration get smeared even worse, regardless of color.

Meanwhile, the press provide cover for antifa calling cops, citizens, and military every racial slur in the book. They get provided cover for attacking hispanic Marines in Philly, jewish Bernie supporters in Portland, mob black women [Owens] with impunity. They get praise for their racism. Muslims also get plenty of cover, often being listed as 'Asian' when narratively required. Their crimes are ignored [pulse, 9/11, and many others] while the press opines about white people being the problem, ignoring statistics and reports in the process.

[Edited to add note: why do i include 9/11? Because recent reporting has been caught baking statistics on terrorism by excluding 9/11]

Plus we get shit like Covington. Massive, national story. Totally fake. The only people yelling hateful things were black. Crickets.

Meanwhile, stories that do not fit the narrative get no attention. As i mentioned, i can't even find coverage of this attack on bbc news. I can't find CNN coverage of the brutal Jennifer Agostini attack. The brick attacks on Hasidic Jews get little attention. Again and again, 'hate' crimes committed by a minority gets swept under the rug. This is dangerous. Anti-semetic attacks are on the rise, and nobody will talk about it because it's largely driven by immigrants and/or radicalized muslims [I include the Brotherhood and other odd groups in this] and that topic is taboo.

The media are literally shredding race relations in countless different ways.

I'm not Jewish. I no longer live in NYC. I don't even like the idea of labeling hate crimes 'hate crimes', and I've argued against this in the past because I believe violence is violence and we shouldn't have tiered levels of 'justice' based on racial characteristics.

But that doesn't mean we should ignore hate driven crime, especially when it is skyrocketing like anti-semetism is. And the press is complicit in exactly this, and it's directly due to it being 'problematic' to their far left, racist, woke positions on racism, immigration, islam, Israel, and hate.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2019
The woke left don't give a shit about the Jews. Under woke politics we are 'privileged' and have 'power'. Why? Because we have our own country? In that case the Muslims have far more power, but of course that can't be said due to woke BS racism.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hayfield
Jun 17, 2019
Idiots: Israel ethnic cleanses Palestinians!

Actually informed people: Yes but Gaza and The West Bank Palestinian population only increases....

Idiots: Yes but um.... Evil Israel and made up history shit! Right? Right?!!!

Actually informed people: LOL your such a misinformed dumb ass. God your an embarrassment.

Boss Mog

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013

Dec 15, 2011
Just keeps on giving. Again, why would people vote for this man and his party?
The ultimate litmus test is that, were it any other faith or group, the outcry in response to this pattern of behaviour would crash and burn any career in the 'outrage' mentality of today's society.
That, at best, it barely raises an eyebrow and, at worst, is justified and endorsed is further testament to the normalisation of antisemitic sentiment.

ROMhack

Jul 14, 2018
Genuine question: what forms of discrimination or racial abuse do Jewish people feel they receive on a daily basis?

appaws

Banned
Jan 31, 2008
Taylorsville, Ky!
And yet, fuck the Jews? Anti semitism can't be real because fuck Israel? What is going on here? Why do people don't give a damn about Jewish fears and Jewish hatred? Why are the pro Labour left obsessed with trying to prove anti semitism doesn't exist within Labour?

It's gotten to a point where many of us will leave the UK and go to Israel if Corbyn becomes PM, myself included.

Just wtf is going on?

Several things are going on. First, Israel behaves very poorly in their dealings with their wretched and pathetic neighbors. They use money, NGOs, and their intelligence service to exert massive pressures on western governments, especially the US, in their foreign policy. They exert a massive influence on US politics, way out of proportion to their numbers. (Source: Jerusalem Post) I know this is similar in the UK, but more focused on the Tories as opposed to Labour.

Also, Jewish influence has played a large part in mass immigration policies into the west. Bring millions of Muslims into the country, then be surprised there is an upswing in anti-semetic violence...? Yeah OK.

All of this is my critique of the Israel/Jewish elites and political lobbies. None of it is aimed at the average Jewish guy or girl in the community. It isn't Morty down at the deli who is responsible for what these powerful people are doing.

Let me also say that I think the dude who was banned here should maybe have been warned and told to explain himself more thoroughly. If he was just making a reference to the historical fact that Jews have been expelled from so many (109) countries over the centuries, he should not have been banned for that. I know that it is a matter of dogma in modern discourse that you MUST believe that every single instance of this happening could only be because of irrational hatred, that there never could have been even a scintilla of rational justification for any people or monarch to desire to reduce their influence in either religious or political events. That strains credulity, to say the least.

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
Genuine question: what forms of discrimination or racial abuse do Jewish people feel they receive on a daily basis?

I think you can look across Europe and some of North America and see that Jews need iron bars and armed guards at their temples and schools. Many European Jews don't wear any Jewish markings out of fear (Kippah or Star of David).

I think its much worse in Europe than in North America for sure. Talk to any French Jew and they will tell you they pretty much feel the need to hide their Jewish identity.

Reactions: ROMhack

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
Several things are going on. First, Israel behaves very poorly in their dealings with their wretched and pathetic neighbors. They use money, NGOs, and their intelligence service to exert massive pressures on western governments, especially the US, in their foreign policy. They exert a massive influence on US politics, way out of proportion to their numbers. (Source: Jerusalem Post) I know this is similar in the UK, but more focused on the Tories as opposed to Labour.

Lets not bring in this strawman of massive influence. Take a look at Saudi/Qatar/SK/Japan, heck even China to talk about influence on governments. I know its been repeated often that Israel/Jews have this gigantic powerful lobby but thats more of a fairy tale than reality. Think really hard who has more power China/Saudi/Qatar or little Israel?

As far as your source if you read the article:

In addition, Troy says despite perceptions that Jews vote for Jewish interests, in particular for Israel’s interests, “American Jews are more pro-choice than pro-Israel when voting.”

This does not mean to say they are not pro-Israel, but rather that the intensity of commitment to pro-freedom, liberal ideas is more intense than the commitment to Israel, he says, adding that according to polling data, the overwhelming majority of US Jews do not base their vote on Israeli interests.

Jews donate lots of money, but not so much to influence anything about Israel, its because they believe in liberal policies. I think democrat and left Jews are on the wrong track, but you can't fault American's for donating to a political party that refelcts their liberal values.

Also, Jewish influence has played a large part in mass immigration policies into the west. Bring millions of Muslims into the country, then be surprised there is an upswing in anti-semetic violence...? Yeah OK.

Would like more on this. If you want to talk about Soros, while he is one guy and he doesn't represent some sort of Jewish world order. Jews tend to be more left thats true but I don't really think they can be blamed more than the christians and muslims in those countries. But if you have any specific examples of major Jewish groups pushing for these policies I am interested in reading up on them.

Its funny because I see it the opposite way. Christians in Europe were more than happy to eleminate their Jewish population in their favor final solution and with their Jews decimated after spending 100's of years in Europe they were replaced by hordes of Muslims.

Reactions: darkangel-212559

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
Post got removed. What was it?

It was Boris Johnnson making Doughnuts at a Jewish shop with relegious jews saying they will vote Boris, get brexit done, and if Corbyn wins they will leave and Boris says dont do that.

Here is a small YT clip not the full thing

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014

One shooter identified as Black Hebrew Israelite.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018

One shooter identified as Black Hebrew Israelite.

And now the story will drop off the face of the earth.