• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drama Cringe The left is blaming Trump for Iran shooting down the plane....

Christopher

Mar 19, 2005

I will never vote for the left ever again because of shit like this instead of the terrorist who actually shot the plane down their blaming POTUS read the Resetera thread fucking disgusting.....

DV27

Jun 14, 2010
Its funny that they're making little of the demonstrations in Iran against their own government before the last few weeks (there has been plenty, especially regarding oil prices) and since admission of shooting down the airliner.

The left grabs their megaphone when events suit their agenda, they go silent when it doesn't.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
It's worth noting that a Democrat president and the left-leaning academia of their day were the ones responsible for helping overthrow the old government and brought about the ayatollahs in '79. Then there was Obama's appeasement which didn't work, obviously.

The Left hates owning up to their own mistakes even more than they hate the policies of their opponents.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
It's worth noting that a Democrat president and the left-leaning academia of their day were the ones responsible for helping overthrow the old government and brought about the ayatollahs in '79. Then there was Obama's appeasement which didn't work, obviously.

The Left hates owning up to their own mistakes even more than they hate the policies of their opponents.
Oh no, it's simply that a bunch of us neanderthals are too stupid not to understand how incredibly nuanced the moves taken by Democratic presidents have been.

In fact, if we're going to go down the crazy liberal brain drain train of thought... if Trump killing Solemio caused Iran to shoot down the airliner, wasn't Obama responsible for them shooting it down since he gave the Iranians the money to build the rockets with?

Last edited:

DarkMage619

Jun 19, 2004

Pretty sure it was Dwight Eisenhower and Operation Ajax that overthrew the democratically elected government in Iran in 1953. That led to the revolution in 1979. Issues around the world are rarely as simple as left and right. That said Iran is responsible for the plane being downed. Not the left or Trump specifically.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Pretty sure it was Dwight Eisenhower and Operation Ajax that overthrew the democratically elected government in Iran in 1953. That led to the revolution in 1979. Issues around the world are rarely as simple as left and right. That said Iran is responsible for the plane being downed. Not the left or Trump specifically.
I completely agree.

SpartanN92

Sep 7, 2012
US
100 years from now if Donald Trump is remembered for anything I hope it is for exposing just how insane half the country is. He has taunted the Democrats into revealing just how crazy they are and just how far their endgame is.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
100 years from now if Donald Trump is remembered for anything I hope it is for exposing just how insane half the country is. He has taunted the Democrats into revealing just how crazy they are and just how far their endgame is.
I'm wondering if they just snapped collectively or if they'd always had this dark thread running through them and they kept it under control somewhat. It's been fucking scary to see them come unhinged like they have. I mean, there were signs that they were going in weird directions before but some of the shit they're trying to peddle now is straight up cray. My gut tells me they just couldn't handle losing after being promised a win by pollsters and the sycophants in the media. What is truly troubling is that they still haven't had any kind of inward gazing on the loss from what I can tell. They're just fucking full of rage.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
I'd argue that it is a lot more complicated than deposing a "democratically" elected Prime Minister.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
I must admit I get some twisted satisfaction seeing the right having to deal with what they put Obama through during his terms.
You know what you could do is make a list and compare the two in detail.

It could prove interesting.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Bruh...there is no comparison. Trump has been treated 10x worse than ANYTHING Obama got.
Yeah, like when they impeached Obama, 'member that? O yea, and when they had a special prosecutor crawl up Obama's ass for three years after promising he was a Russian agent, 'member that?

Obama got welcomed into office with a Nobel Peace Prize for apparently doing nothing and before he invaded Libya. Trump got welcomed in with McCarthyism and Agent Mueller wearing a giant dildo and a set of latex gloves. The comparison is fucking laughable.

Last edited:

Christopher

Mar 19, 2005
Insane. I always thought, before I knew any better, that our politicians were suppose to be smarter than the average Joe.

If anything these last few years, and especially the Kavanaugh debacle, has proved otherwise for sure.

Reactions: Ikutachi

Meicyn

Jan 22, 2010
Oh look, another thread on poligaf where the posters don't discuss policy, or politics, just how awful the evil left is.
Pretty much. I love the false dichotomy here, where you’re either for President Trump or for Iran. This isn’t a zero sum game.

Iran’s been poking the bear for months. In response, POTUS goes all in with an extreme measure which at the time seemed to be a questionable decision. However, in a fucked up stroke of luck for him, a civilian airliner was shot down with no way to cover it up and now the anti-government Iranians are emboldened more than ever and Iran looks really, REALLY bad right now. Things will continue to play out, and we’ll see if this was a net positive move.

Is the President partly responsible for what happened? Sure. He directly created the conditions for which an entire country went into a state of war. But I would say a bigger culprit is the international airport itself, that chose to allow ANY civilian aircraft to depart in those conditions. There’s no telling what the folks manning the anti-air missile battery were thinking, or what orders they were given at the time. It’s more likely they were running on little more than “that’s not an Iranian Air Force aircraft, shoot it” under the presumption that Tehran International Airport was probably not supposed to be flying anything at that point. Given the fact that we fly drones in the region all the time and all armed forces were at full alert, they likely didn’t hesitate. War is fucked up in that way.

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
Yeah, like when they impeached Obama, 'member that? O yea, and when they had a special prosecutor crawl up Obama's ass for three years after promising he was a Russian agent, 'member that?

Obama got welcomed into office with a Nobel Peace Prize for apparently doing nothing and before he invaded Libya. Trump got welcomed in with McCarthyism and Agent Mueller wearing a giant dildo and a set of latex gloves. The comparison is fucking laughable.
Yeah, and I don't remember the mainstream media constantly trying to bring Obama down from the most trivial stupid things, like the Koi feeding thing with Trump. They were against Trump even to the point of rewarding them with a Pulitzer Prize for "exposing" Trump's collusion with Russia. We all know how well that aged. They clearly weren't fair with Trump from the beginning and when Trump called that out, they started to use that against Trump too.

Reactions: HeresJohnny

SpartanN92

Sep 7, 2012
US
My favorite time we really creamed Obama was when we led breaking news on national security with what food Obama was currently eating.

“Ice Cream covered his lips barely masking the meat loaf on his breath while assessing the crisis in Benghazi.”

Yeah we were soooooo unkind to Obama 🤪

Last edited:
Reactions: Oner

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
^Maybe it has to do with Obama not getting caught asking foreign governments to help expose dirt on his political opponents. Or setting up meetings with Russian officials to get dirt on his opponents. You can't do those things unfortunately ):

Just stop trying to do illegal shit and you won't give your opponents any leverage. The right was foaming at the mouth for any controversy, but Big Brains Obama made sure not to give them anything

Last edited:
  • LOL

Christopher

Mar 19, 2005
Didn’t the Democrats continue to waive off Hilary Clinton’s emails as nonsense? Imagine if Trump had these emails what they would do.

its actually stupid and a majority of America does not care about this Ukraine nonsense.

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
Didn’t the Democrats continue to waive off Hilary Clinton’s emails as nonsense? Imagine if Trump had these emails what they would do.

its actually stupid and a majority of America does not care about this Ukraine nonsense.
The FBI would conduct an investigation. Sound familiar?

AfricanKing

Formerly 'OptimusApex'
Jul 16, 2017

accel

Formerly 'blackcrane'
Sep 11, 2015
Last edited:

AfricanKing

Formerly 'OptimusApex'
Jul 16, 2017
The investigation found nothing to prosecute on solely because it was granting immunities left and right, as if to quickly cover everyone guilty up.
What are they covering up ? Be specific

AfricanKing

Formerly 'OptimusApex'
Jul 16, 2017
Deleting sensitive emails.
Did you ever read the FBI’s own statement on the matter ?

With respect to the thousands of e-mails we found that were not among those produced to State, agencies have concluded that three of those were classified at the time they were sent or received, one at the Secret level and two at the Confidential level. There were no additional Top Secret e-mails found. Finally, none of those we found have since been “up-classified.”
I should add here that we found no evidence that any of the additional work-related e-mails were intentionally deleted in an effort to conceal them. Our assessment is that, like many e-mail users, Secretary Clinton periodically deleted e-mails or e-mails were purged from the system when devices were changed. Because she was not using a government account—or even a commercial account like Gmail—there was no archiving at all of her e-mails, so it is not surprising that we discovered e-mails that were not on Secretary Clinton’s system in 2014, when she produced the 30,000 e-mails to the State Department.

Dec 15, 2011
The difference, history fans, is that the "Thanks Obama" phrase succinctly made its ironic point, whereas today there is no hint of irony in the accusation.

accel

Formerly 'blackcrane'
Sep 11, 2015
Did you ever read the FBI’s own statement on the matter ?
They first granted immunity to the guy who deleted emails.

Then they found *some* of those emails on a different server.

Among those emails they found, they found little.

But there's no telling what emails were deleted. Because they were deleted, and deleted pretty thoroughly.

AfricanKing

Formerly 'OptimusApex'
Jul 16, 2017
They first granted immunity to the guy who deleted emails.

Then they found *some* of those emails on a different server.

Among those emails they found, they found little.

But there's no telling what emails were deleted. Because they were deleted, and deleted pretty thoroughly.
Okay so you didn’t read the statement.

There’s nothing more to really say if all your going to do is spin your own conspiracy theories

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
Actually the Democrats are 100% responsible for it. If they had simply come out to vote in sufficient numbers Trump wouldn't be President. Hillary would be President and we'd be funding the next stage of Iran's nuclear weapons research.

I think that is why they're so fixated on Trump, they're the ones who put him in office through their own carelessness.

Last edited:

accel

Formerly 'blackcrane'
Sep 11, 2015
There’s nothing more to really say if all your going to do is spin your own conspiracy theories
OK, so you don't know the first thing about the emails and are just parroting what Comey says. Mate, Comey was lying about those emails several times. Eg, after they interviewed the guy who said that he deleted the emails, Comey was asked whether the emails were deleted on purpose - and he knew they were, because that's what the guy said, but he said that he is unsure. The final report is finished, the interviewee said "yes, I deleted the emails", but Comey is unsure whether someone deleted them. Where's your "you cannot lie to Congress" outrage? And that wasn't the only instance.

Do you know that the emails were deleted several weeks after they were subpoenad? Do you know that there were two rounds to deleting the emails? As in, delete the first part, then "ah, fuck, missed some", delete the second part? Do you know that not only the emails were deleted, but *backups* as well?

What the hell do you know about this in general? It seems like what you know is limited to the FBI's stories where they cover Clinton, her folks and then themselves up.

Last edited:

AfricanKing

Formerly 'OptimusApex'
Jul 16, 2017
OK, so you don't know the first thing about the emails and are just parroting what Comey says. Mate, Comey was lying about those emails several times. Eg, after they interviewed the guy who said that he deleted the emails, Comey was asked whether the emails were deleted on purpose - and he knew they were, because that's what the guy said, but he said that he is unsure. The final report is finished, the interviewee said "yes, I deleted the emails", but Comey is unsure whether someone deleted them. Where's your "you cannot lie to Congress" outrage? And that wasn't the only instance.

Do you know that the emails were deleted several weeks after they were subpoenad? Do you know that there were two rounds to deleting the emails? As in, delete the first part, then "ah, fuck, missed some", delete the second part? Do you know that not only the emails were deleted, but *backups* as well?

What the hell do you know about this in general? It seems like what you know is limited to the FBI's stories where they cover Clinton, her folks and then themselves up.
Oh God. You seem to only read like the first fucking line of any article and not look any further. The emails there where deleted Post subpoena where not ordered by the Clintons but an IT Specalist who fucked up.

“As the F.B.I.’s report notes,” Mr. Fallon said, “neither Hillary Clinton nor her attorneys had knowledge of the Platte River Network employee’s actions. It appears he acted on his own and against guidance given by both Clinton’s and Platte River’s attorneys to retain all data in compliance with a congressional preservation request.”

And this is just your first part of your statement already being blown up. Do some reading into this and not on conspiracy websites