• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drama Cringe The left is blaming Trump for Iran shooting down the plane....

pramod

Oct 24, 2017
They already think Trump is worse than Hitler, so nothing is surprising anymore.

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Pretty much. I love the false dichotomy here, where you’re either for President Trump or for Iran. This isn’t a zero sum game.

Iran’s been poking the bear for months. In response, POTUS goes all in with an extreme measure which at the time seemed to be a questionable decision. However, in a fucked up stroke of luck for him, a civilian airliner was shot down with no way to cover it up and now the anti-government Iranians are emboldened more than ever and Iran looks really, REALLY bad right now. Things will continue to play out, and we’ll see if this was a net positive move.

Is the President partly responsible for what happened? Sure. He directly created the conditions for which an entire country went into a state of war. But I would say a bigger culprit is the international airport itself, that chose to allow ANY civilian aircraft to depart in those conditions. There’s no telling what the folks manning the anti-air missile battery were thinking, or what orders they were given at the time. It’s more likely they were running on little more than “that’s not an Iranian Air Force aircraft, shoot it” under the presumption that Tehran International Airport was probably not supposed to be flying anything at that point. Given the fact that we fly drones in the region all the time and all armed forces were at full alert, they likely didn’t hesitate. War is fucked up in that way.
Trump sure does seem to have a lot of fucked up strokes of luck

accel

Formerly 'blackcrane'
Sep 11, 2015
Oh God. You seem to only read like the first fucking line of any article and not look any further. The emails there where deleted Post subpoena where not ordered by the Clintons but an IT Specalist who fucked up.
The arrogance of assuming I didn't read the report you are referencing while you yourself to date didn't demonstrate that you know anything about the emails apart from that report.

Yes, absolutely, the emails were deleted by the IT guy. Did I say that Clinton personally deleted them, walking in pajamas? Of course, it was her personell. Now - and please pay attention because I said it already but you didn't notice - now, before that IT guy started talking, they *gave him an immunity*. Why? So that he could take everything upon himself and so that he could shut up at any point without repercussions. It isn't rocket science. And after they gave him an immunity, the IT guy happily did take everything upon himself - and the FBI happily accepted everything on faith - and now you are referring to what happened as "the IT guy fucked up". While the nature of the fuck up was such that it is pretty hard to imagine anyone fucking up like that at random - there are too many steps involved and they fall too weirdly onto too many dates. First, there was a data retention policy that - surprise - was changed immediately prior to the time the emails were deleted. Then there was the first round of deleting the emails that - surprise - happened immediately after the subpoena with the IT guy claiming he didn't know anything about that. Then not all of the emails were deleted and so a couple of weeks after the IT guy - surprise - recalled that yeah, there are some private emails there which he should delete but did not. So he went to delete them - such a punctual guy and so much care about the new policy - and - surprise - deleted a bit more than just the private emails. And by the way - surprise - he also deleted the backups. And - surprise - the deletion was done by a new program not used to delete before. To make sure everything is deleted safely, not like usual, using methods which can be recovered from. And there was a secondary backup on a different intermediate device, but it was - surprise - also deleted by someone else.

But you don't know any of that, because you are just listening to Comey who is part of that and was caught lying several times.

Anyway, that's not the right thread. But Clinton had secret conversations which should have been provided to Congress and they were just deleted with the subpoenas ignored. And the FBI with Comey instead of getting to the bottom of this just covered for Hillary. So, while some people are spending ample time raging about Trump being supposedly in a conspiracy with Russia or whoever, there is a real conspiracy and real people who are above all law and these emails are just one more illustration of that.

Last edited:

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
OK, so you don't know the first thing about the emails and are just parroting what Comey says. Mate, Comey was lying about those emails several times. Eg, after they interviewed the guy who said that he deleted the emails, Comey was asked whether the emails were deleted on purpose - and he knew they were, because that's what the guy said, but he said that he is unsure. The final report is finished, the interviewee said "yes, I deleted the emails", but Comey is unsure whether someone deleted them. Where's your "you cannot lie to Congress" outrage? And that wasn't the only instance.

Do you know that the emails were deleted several weeks after they were subpoenad? Do you know that there were two rounds to deleting the emails? As in, delete the first part, then "ah, fuck, missed some", delete the second part? Do you know that not only the emails were deleted, but *backups* as well?

What the hell do you know about this in general? It seems like what you know is limited to the FBI's stories where they cover Clinton, her folks and then themselves up.
AfricanKing aka Pigeon wields media articles as a bludgeon like an evangelical Christian wields the Bible. I’d be saving my energy for someone less fervent but good luck to you if you want to engage him.

• Fire
Reactions: Cybrwzrd

AfricanKing

Formerly 'OptimusApex'
Jul 16, 2017
The arrogance of assuming I didn't read the report you are referencing while you yourself to date didn't demonstrate that you know anything about the emails apart from that report.

Yes, absolutely, the emails were deleted by the IT guy. Did I say that Clinton personally deleted them, walking in pajamas? Of course, it was her personell. Now - and please pay attention because I said it already but you didn't notice - now, before that IT guy started talking, they *gave him an immunity*. Why? So that he could take everything on himself and so that he could shut up at any point without repercussions. It isn't rocket science. And after they gave him an immunity, the IT guy happily did took everything upon himself - and the FBI happily took it on faith - and now you are referring to what happened as "the IT guy fucked up". While the nature of the fuck up was such that it is pretty hard to imagine anyone fucking up like that at random - there are too many steps involved and they fall on too many dates. First, there was a data retention policy that - surprise - was changed immediately prior to the time the emails were deleted. Then there was the first round of deleting the emails that - surprise - happened immediately after the subpoena with the IT guy claiming he didn't know anything about that. Then not all of the emails were deleted and so a couple of weeks after the IT guy - surprise - recalled that yeah, there are some private emails there which he should delete but did not. So he went to delete them - such a punctual guy and so much care about the new policy - and - surprise - deleted a bit more than just the private emails. And by the way - surprise - he also deleted the backups. And - surprise - the deletion was done by a new program not used to delete before. Just in case everything is deleted safely, you know. And there was a secondary backup on a different intermediate device, but it was - surprise - also deleted by someone else.

But you don't know any of that, because you are just listening to Comey who is part of that and was caught lying several times.

Anyway, that's not the right thread. But Clinton had secret conversations which should have been provided to Congress and they were just deleted with the subpoenas ignored. And the FBI with Comey instead of getting to the bottom of this just covered for Hillary. So, while some people are spending ample time raging about Trump being supposedly in a conspiracy with Russia or whoever, there is a real conspiracy and real people who are above all law and these emails are just one more illustration of that.
Sweet Jesus.

Let’s looks at what you are saying exactly.

The FBI is for some reason covering for Platte River Network regarding one of their employees deleting emails by mistake. To get away with this would require a stupid amount of people to ultimately be complicit. Almost the entire agency... and for what reason.

let’s look at some of your claim which you can’t even back with evidence...

Comey was asked whether the emails were deleted on purpose - and he knew they were,
You seem pretty sure on this one with zero evidence of what Comey knows - Conspiracy bs

The reason he was given Immunity is not to shut him up it’s to do the exact opposite so he knows he won’t be prosecuted so his more compelled to tell the entire truth. Start fact checking your shit plz

Last edited:

AfricanKing

Formerly 'OptimusApex'
Jul 16, 2017
AfricanKing aka Pigeon wields media articles as a bludgeon like an evangelical Christian wields the Bible. I’d be saving my energy for someone less fervent but good luck to you if you want to engage him.
The FBI Website is now a media article

:pie_roffles: :pie_roffles: :messenger_loudly_crying:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Told y'all before. Trump could find a cure for Cancer and people would find fault in it somehow. Dude has his issues and he's a walking meme but no POTUS has ever had the amount of bullshit thrown at him the way Trump has.
It's also why he is the way he is. Anyone who can take the slings and arrows the press has been hurling for years [puppet, traitor, racist, sexist, dictator, tyrant, warmonger, rapist, etc.] at the volume and frequency Trump does will also likely be the type who will punch back. So Trump doesn't kneel, insults the press [or Baltimore, or whatever] and the Press, horrified [yet made rich by] a man who isn't shamed by them, uses that to sling more shit.

It's all so predictable. The left swings at imaginary enemies while eating itself. Americans can only wake up. Not everyone is such an idiot they are ready to blame Trump for Iran shooting down a passenger plane. And as each event [russiagate, ukrainegate, smollet, covington, etc] happens, and the press further presents itself as out of touch, unamerican, and wrong, more people will dig deeper. And once they do... it's another vote for Trump.

Reactions: Texas Pride

accel

Formerly 'blackcrane'
Sep 11, 2015
The FBI is for some reason covering for Platte River Network regarding one of their employees deleting emails by mistake. To get away with this would require a stupid amount of people to ultimately be complicit. Almost the entire agency... and for what reason.
The FBI is covering for Hillary because Hillary has political power and that power is big enough to make the FBI do what she wants. Yes, there are multiple people involved. Hillary's personnel, FBI guys doing the investigation and writing reports, people in several connected companies, etc. No, the entire FBI does not have to participate. The reason is to bury the scandal and let Hillary win the elections.

I am ending this because it's been four posts back and forth or so and you didn't say anything apart from "the FBI says there's nothing wrong here" to which I reply with the details of what happened which make "nothing wrong" a little hard to believe, but you ignore all that and just repeat that "the FBI says there's nothing wrong here".

---
In the interests of really ending this, I will answer everything:

You seem pretty sure on this one with zero evidence of what Comey knows - Conspiracy bs
On July 7, 2016, Comey was on a hearing in front of a Congressional committee. During that hearing, he was asked by Gowdy: “Secretary Clinton said neither she nor anyone else deleted work-related emails from her personal account. Was that true?”

Comey's answer was: “That’s a harder one to answer. We found traces of work-related emails in—on devices or in slack space. Whether they were deleted or whether when the server was changed out, something happened to them. There’s no doubt that the work-related emails were removed electronically from the email system.”

Yet by the time Comey made those comments, the FBI’s final report had already been finished. And the report detailed Combetta’s confession of deliberately deleting and then wiping all of Clinton’s emails from her server.

The reason he was given Immunity is not to shit him up it’s to do the exact opposite so he knows he won’t be prosecuted so his more compelled to tell the entire truth. Start fact checking your shit plz
LOL, OK. Whatever you say. It's like there's a murder, a guy with a gun and blood on his hands comes and says "give me an immunity, I will tell you everything I know" and the police say "sure, here's your immunity". Nothing suspicious at all.

And now we are done.

Last edited:

AfricanKing

Formerly 'OptimusApex'
Jul 16, 2017
:messenger_expressionless::messenger_expressionless:

The FBI is covering for Hillary because Hillary has political power and that power is big enough to make the FBI do what she wants

What the fuck is this nonsense. The FBI which reports directly to the Department of Justice and the President is somehow under some political pressure from an Ex Politician who has no official title.

You say all of this will zero proof ... as I said conspiracy Theory

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
:messenger_expressionless::messenger_expressionless:

What the fuck is this nonsense. The FBI which reports directly to the Department of Justice and the President is somehow under some political pressure from an Ex Politician who has no official title.

You say all of this will zero proof ... as I said conspiracy Theory
even though Trump is in power, HRC is still behind the scenes controlling everything, still plans on running in 2020, assassinates people that go against her, etc at this point you'd think it'd be easier to admit you've been fed garbage

trikster40

Dec 12, 2008
Why not? He’s also to blame for my crappy job, my horrible girlfriend, the death of my dog, and the homeless problem in California. Oh, and for all the people who don’t have health insurance.

He’s also to blame for Amelia Earhart btw. I saw him shoot down her plane myself.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Why not? He’s also to blame for my crappy job, my horrible girlfriend, the death of my dog, and the homeless problem in California. Oh, and for all the people who don’t have health insurance.

He’s also to blame for Amelia Earhart btw. I saw him shoot down her plane myself.
Come on man, Ameila Earharts plane wasn't shot down it had mechanical difficulties. Everyone knows its scientifically impossible for her plane to have been shot down. Or at least thats what the Iranians say.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Sweet Jesus.

Let’s looks at what you are saying exactly.

Yeah the FBI would never lie....😂😂😂😂

crowbrow

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
Without taking away responsibility of Iran for being incompetent enough for shooting down the plane and immoral for trying to hide, yes, this US administration shares also part of the blame for it because if it weren't for their irresponsible and bullying Attitude this would have never happened. In fact the history of the US involvement with Iran for more than half a century has been the catalyst of many of the bad shit going on in the middle east so what Trump is doing is just part of continuing with this highly irresponsible and bullying behavior.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
The thign is, no one was forcing iran to shoot missile to us base and no oen force iran to shoot at airline
Listen, only OMB can take blame for doing things adults are responsible for, as well as taking blame for other adults doing things.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
No one forces Iran to shoot down drones, interdict and limpet mine tanker ships, attack Saudi oilfields, attack Embassies on foreign soil, or any number of bad actions they do on the global stage.

The left has some very low expectations of Iran's regime and them shooting journalists covering the protestors is as a result of the 1953 Coup which causes them to be unable to not be murderous authoritarians. They can't help themselves, Iran gonna Iran, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: cryptoadam

Durask

Feb 6, 2012
No one forces Iran to shoot down drones, interdict and limpet mine tanker ships, attack Saudi oilfields, attack Embassies on foreign soil, or any number of bad actions they do on the global stage.

The left has some very low expectations of Iran's regime and them shooting journalists covering the protestors is as a result of the 1953 Coup which causes them to be unable to not be murderous authoritarians. They can't help themselves, Iran gonna Iran, right?
The left are murderous totalitarians at heart.
All the talk about rights, etc, is all lies. It is only natural for them to feel sympathy for the Iranian regime.

crowbrow

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
No one forces the US to overthrow democratic governments, install dictatorships, support terrorist organizations and, overall, be in the middle east doing so much shit but there they are doing all that for decades and decades. I mean if you're going to demand that Iran gets their shit together at least start in your own home.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
No one forces the US to overthrow democratic governments, install dictatorships, support terrorist organizations and, overall, be in the middle east doing so much shit but there they are doing all that for decades and decades. I mean if you're going to demand that Iran gets their shit together at least start in your own home.
Hmmm...let me think?

No.....Well that was easy.

It’s funny that you’ve come back just in time to defend Iran shooting down a civilian plane and firing live rounds on protestors

crowbrow

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
Hmmm...let me think?

No.....Well that was easy.

It’s funny that you’ve come back just in time to defend Iran shooting down a civilian plane and firing live rounds on protestors
Nice non-comeback there. Truly shows your complete lack of arguments

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Those incidents I mentioned is directly related to Iran's defense, how?

This is why Iran looks like shit after shooting a Ukrainian commercial jet out of their own airspace after it took off. I know you aren't that much of a critical thinker, but imagine defending the assholes of the Iranian Islamic Republic.

Oct 2, 2017
Those leftist CEOs, mang 🤡

Nice high horse there, Canadian corporation.

"In 2008, the accumulation of Listeria bacteria within meat slicing equipment at a Toronto Maple Leaf Foods plant led to Canada's worst-ever listeriosis outbreak. Almost all cases of illness and death involved elderly individuals in hospitals or long-term care homes.

The 2008 Canadian listeriosis outbreak was a widespread outbreak of listeriosis in Canada linked to cold cuts from a Maple Leaf Foods plant in Toronto, Ontario. There were 57 total confirmed cases, resulting in 22 deaths. Wikipedia"

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: DeepEnigma

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
The ODS is strong here, yes.
3 strikes.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.
Your typical drop and runs, you still have not responded to this...

Last edited:

crowbrow

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
Those incidents I mentioned is directly related to Iran's defense, how?

This is why Iran looks like shit after shooting a Ukrainian commercial jet out of their own airspace after it took off. I know you aren't that much of a critical thinker, but imagine defending the assholes of the Iranian Islamic Republic.
Apparently it is too much mental effort for you guys to fathom how someone can be critical of the US shit foreign policy without defending Iran shooting down an airplane. That black and white "with us or against us" mentality promoted by Bush 20 years ago really is ingrained in your psyche. Truly ironic that you call me the uncritical thinker when you cant even acknowledge the facts of the shit foreign policy from your own country.

Last edited:

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Apparently it is too much mental effort for you guys to fathom how someone can be critical of the US shit foreign policy without defending Iran shooting down an airplane. That black and white "with us or against us" mentality promoted by Bush 20 years ago really is ingrained in your psyche. Truly ironic that you call me the uncritical thinker when you cant even acknowledge the facts of the shit foreign policy from your own country.
This thread is about the Left blaming Trump for actions taken by Iran.

Please try and keep up.

TrainedRage

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2018
USA
And the shit foreign policy from the US is why some of that blame is justified. It is fully on topic despite your mental gymnastics trying to willfully ignore historical facts.
Wonder what president made this foreign policy you speak of...?

• Fire
Reactions: Oner
Oct 2, 2017
Be critical all you want, you should come to terms with the fact that most Americans don't give a shit what Euros think about them or US foreign policy. You guys are too weak to affect your own change, apparently. Take care of your own messed up corner of the world and shut up. Try to go at least 100 years before you try to kill all the Jews again, will ya?

Last edited:

crowbrow

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
Wonder what president made this foreign policy you speak of...?
Practically all of them, shit foreign policy from the US is a bipartisan issue. I was thinking maybe Trump was truthful about cutting down the US involvement in the region but with his latest actions he just made sure the US will stay there for decades doing the same shit. So he was full of crap unsurprisingly.

Reactions: dragonfart28

crowbrow

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
Be critical all you want, you should come to terms with the fact that most Americans don't give a shit what Euros think about them or US foreign policy. You guys are too weak to affect your own change, apparently. Take care of your own messed up corner of the world and shut up. Try to go at least 100 years before you try to kill all the Jews again, will ya?
Lol you get so angry with something you claim to not care about. I mean we have a bunch of Americans crying all the time how critical people are of your foreign policy. Well if you're going to pretend to be world police then you damn as well should prepare for being criticized. Also, you cry about terrorism, immigration and a lot of other crap your shit foreign policy helps create, so excuse me if I keep laughing at your crocodile tears. You should really stop crying about your own produced shit and take responsibility for once.

Oct 2, 2017
Lol you get so angry with something you claim to not care about. I mean we have a bunch of Americans crying all the time how critical people are of your foreign policy. Well if you're going to pretend to be world police then you damn as well should prepare for being criticized. Also, you cry about terrorism, immigration and a lot of other crap your shit foreign policy helps create, so excuse me if I keep laughing at your crocodile tears. You should really stop crying about your own produced shit and take responsibility for once.
No really, no one cares what some hypocrite Euro troll has to say on this matter. I think most are just annoyed you are back to shit up any conversation regarding the US and hope you will be banned again soon.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
And the shit foreign policy from the US is why some of that blame is justified. It is fully on topic despite your mental gymnastics trying to willfully ignore historical facts.
I'm not surprised you have the same low expectations of your own ability to reason, as the left has with regards to the Iranian regime and them shooting down an international commercial jet.

• LOL
Reactions: crowbrow

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Most people on this board are against US interventionism, they want US out of the mid east and they want other nations to pick up the slack. When Trump announces troops coming home most are happy on here, most support asking NATO memebers to pay their fair share. I think most people here think the Iraq war was BS lies and so was Obama getting involved in Libya.

If you actually read what people post I don't think you would see vast support for the US to be world police and be involved in conflicts across the globe. There is actually a bigger isolationist slant on here if anything.

Whats in the past is in the past and was done by people who are probably dead by now. You can be pissed about how the US operated in Latin America during the cold war but at some point its time to move forward not backwards. You can also isolate what the US did in Latin America against its ME policy.