• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drama Cringe The left is blaming Trump for Iran shooting down the plane....

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
C'mon.

Think what you said through.

You would be justified in killing criminals instead of putting them in jail or launching an attack on North Korea.

There's a reason why we evolved to have peaceful diplomacy and this whole disaster is an example of that.
Someone forgot to tell Iran about peaceful diplomacy and as a result, reaped the misery they caused.

Last edited:

Silent Duck

Sep 22, 2018
C'mon.

Think what you said through.

You would be justified in killing criminals instead of putting them in jail or launching an attack on North Korea.

There's a reason why we evolved to have peaceful diplomacy and this whole disaster is an example of that.
What? Launching an attack on North Korea? Did North Korea murder hundreds of Americans with plans to do it again? Try again.

And if a criminal murdered hundreds of people, he should get the death penalty.

Sacred

Aug 22, 2018
Are you serious?
This asshole was responsible for a whole lot of deaths and they say they have evidence that he was planning more attacks. Do I believe it was justified? Presented with what we know about him... Yes. Oh, hell Yes, I believe it was justified.

Do really you think America should let killers like Soleimani continue to kill Americans (and others) just because the Iranians might accidentally shoot down one of their own planes? That is completely absurd.
Don't feed the trolls bud, if you ignore them they starve to death looking for attention.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaqazooloo

dragonfart28

Gab Ambassador
Jun 12, 2009
What? Launching an attack on North Korea? Did North Korea murder hundreds of Americans with plans to do it again? Try again.

And if a criminal murdered hundreds of people, he should get the death penalty.
That would be morally wrong as the fallout from killing him actually leads to more violence.

Just like the fallout from killing the general didn't save any lives but instead killed some.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
That would be morally wrong as the fallout from killing him actually leads to more violence.

Just like the fallout from killing the general didn't save any lives but instead killed some.
Quit playing "moral contrarian"... that shit is 3+ years ago of internet level trolling.

Blade2.0

Dec 3, 2018
He's not 0% blameless but he's not 100% to blame. He was the one that struck first and escalated tensions. Iran was the one that shot down the airline, however, and so they are the most to blame.

• LOL
Reactions: Oner

Silent Duck

Sep 22, 2018

Didn’t save any lives...
...except all the people that he planned to attack in the future

Blade2.0

Dec 3, 2018
The thread is full of factual evidence showing what led up to Iran's attack against Iraqi targets. You are welcome to review them at any time, but claiming Trump struck first is ignorant.
"factual" evidence? All I've seen is hearsay and nothing definitive. And as we learned with the impeachment process is that hearsay evidence isn't a credible source to Republicans.

• LOL

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
"factual" evidence? All I've seen is hearsay and nothing definitive. And as we learned with the impeachment process is that hearsay evidence isn't a credible source to Republicans.
Soleimani stirred up pro-Iranian militia in a foreign country, Iraq. He was cleared for the kill months ago based on information available months ago, it just appears the US was looking for an opportune chance.

I don't really care what you've "seen", you're clearly capable of entering a thread and declaring what you've swallowed from the mainstream media. Now that you've been corrected, take the time to educate yourself on the topic and fill in the missing facts.

Reactions: Oner and Leprech

Blade2.0

Dec 3, 2018
Soleimani stirred up pro-Iranian militia in a foreign country, Iraq. He was cleared for the kill months ago based on information available months ago, it just appears the US was looking for an opportune chance.

I don't really care what you've "seen", you're clearly capable of entering a thread and declaring what you've swallowed from the mainstream media. Now that you've been corrected, take the time to educate yourself on the topic and fill in the missing facts.
Lol, try not falling for the Republican propaganda again. What once was Iraq is now Iran. And you're buying the same fucking spiel as before. Show some actual evidence about it or don't claim there was. Iraq has said he was on a peace mission between Iran and saudia Arabia that was requested at the behest of Iraq. The usa said fuck that and killed a sovereign nation's leader in another sovereign nation against that sovereign nation's wishes. There's been no evidence of any planned attacks. So Trump isn't 0% blameless for escalating and then this occuring.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Lol, try not falling for the Republican propaganda again. What once was Iraq is now Iran. And you're buying the same fucking spiel as before. Show some actual evidence about it or don't claim there was. Iraq has said he was on a peace mission between Iran and saudia Arabia that was requested at the behest of Iraq. The usa said fuck that and killed a sovereign nation's leader in another sovereign nation against that sovereign nation's wishes. There's been no evidence of any planned attacks. So Trump isn't 0% blameless for escalating and then this occuring.
Well you haven't proven that Trump struck "first" and yet I've already offered more than enough guidance for you to educate yourself.
Not my problem. This thread has sufficient info and a variety of viewpoints to help you come to your own conclusion, but unless you can furnish any facts supporting your original claim that Trump "struck first", please don't waste my time demanding standards that you refuse to follow. It's hypocritical and lazy, especially when you resort to trash like "Republican propaganda" while parroting propaganda that "he was on a peace mission".

It's telling that people must resort to seeking out blame for Trump -- no matter how small the sliver may be -- instead of reexamining their presupposition. It clarifies that I am dealing with media-guzzlers, not people who think for themselves.

Once you've had a chance to read the thread and/or back up any of your claims, feel free to hit me up.

Blade2.0

Dec 3, 2018
Well you haven't proven that Trump struck "first" and yet I've already offered more than enough guidance for you to educate yourself.
Not my problem. This thread has sufficient info and a variety of viewpoints to help you come to your own conclusion, but unless you can furnish any facts supporting your original claim that Trump "struck first", please don't waste my time demanding standards that you refuse to follow. It's hypocritical and lazy, especially when you resort to trash like "Republican propaganda" while parroting propaganda that "he was on a peace mission".

It's telling that people must resort to seeking out blame for Trump -- no matter how small the sliver may be -- instead of reexamining their presupposition. It clarifies that I am dealing with media-guzzlers, not people who think for themselves.

Once you've had a chance to read the thread and/or back up any of your claims, feel free to hit me up.
How is assassinating a country's leader that we aren't officially in a war with, not striking first?

Oct 2, 2017
How is assassinating a country's leader that we aren't officially in a war with, not striking first?
You can stick with the narrative that he was an innocent person on a peace mission across the middle east. I believe he was the probably the most dangerous terrorist alive who has killed thousands of innocents including Americans and Iranians while also spearheading the storming of the US Embassy in Iraq. Of course he was planning more violence.

Reactions: Oner and cryptoadam

Blade2.0

Dec 3, 2018
You can stick with the narrative that he was an innocent person on a peace mission across the middle east. I believe he was the probably the most dangerous terrorist alive who has killed thousands of innocents including Americans and Iranians while also spearheading the storming of the US Embassy in Iraq. Of course he was planning more violence.
He wasn't a good person, but he also wasn't a terrorist. His strikes were no different than the CIA's. He targeted people that were in the best interests of his country. Are the CIA terrorists?

Last edited:

Derekloffin

Jun 17, 2013
But there haven't been any attacks.
Uh... there was. There was an embassy attack just prior in fact, plus numerous other 'terrorist' ops that have been claimed he was involved with. You can potentially dispute his actual involvement, but not that their was attacks.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
It is not the first strike in this chain of events, so the only way Trump could be to partially to blame for "striking first" would be if there were no events prior to the strike that may have justified it.

Now, don't misunderstand, I'm willing to entertain the idea that those events didn't matter as much or perhaps didn't lead to Soleimani's death, but to say that Trump "struck first" requires me to ignore other attacks and escalations from Iran, including an attack against our embassy that thankfully resulted in no deaths, as well as the ongoing encroachment of Iranian militia in Iraqi territory.

Full stop.

All of this has taken place in our allies' territory of Iraq. No one struck Iran. No one shot down their airliner. No one fired rockets across the border into Iranian territory. No one sent a general into Iran to stir up militias. Iran has been engaged in these escalations for the last several months. Iran has been stirring up violence in Iraq for some time, and since the USA is located in Iraq and operating in Iraq, we are going to participate in the defense of our ally's sovereign territory. Confusing concept to the modern mind, I know, but just a few years ago people were clutching pearls about "disrespecting our allies our allies", so I'm not really taking it too seriously nowadays.

Trump didn't strike first. This wouldn't have even been the first time Trump struck (remember the drone that was downed?) so if you're going to accuse Trump for being partially responsible, at least blame him for when he "struck" many months ago.

Oct 2, 2017
He wasn't a good person, but he also wasn't a terrorist. His strikes were no different than the CIA's. He targeted people that were in the best interests of his country. Are the CIA terrorists?
Turning off the internet and killing 1500 protesting Iranians was in the best interest of the country? Maybe that is why they are protesting in the streets? You should go and tell people who actually live under that regime how awesome he was and see what kind of reaction you will get.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
NBC already told us what happened. In JUNE Trump gave the OK to take out Salamiman IF HE KILLED AMERICANS.

Well guess what he killed an American. That was the red line and Trump stuck to it. Now keep in mind that Iran and its militias have been attacking bases in Iraq for the last 18 months or more. Have been attacking Saudi oil fields, and arming enemies around Israel as it continues to threaten to wipe it off the map.

Pro-Tip, don't fuck with US allies, and don't kill Americans. If you can't do those things then expect to be 6 feet under while your 72 goats are waiting to be banged.

Reactions: Oner and accel

Grinchy

Aug 3, 2010
a cave outside of Whoville.
But there haven't been any attacks.

At least google it or something, dude.

Reactions: DunDunDunpachi

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
How though? He won the Nobel Peace Prize propaganda, then did more that what Trump has ten fold without "Congressional approval".

2800+ bombs, dead women and children, the man of peace!

Did not hear a peep out of the establishment goons like we are now, I wonder why that is?

🤔
But Trump had 2 scoops of ice cream, 2 of them. Pretty much the devil right there.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
Okay let's have a little lesson here.

Quds force;

"The United States Department of the Treasury designated the Quds Force under Executive Order 13224 for providing material support to US-designated terrorist organizations on 25 October 2007, prohibiting transactions between the group and U.S. citizens, and freezing any assets under U.S. jurisdiction. The Government of Canada designated the Quds Force as a terrorist organization on 17 December 2012. Egypt’s nominations included the organization."

(Remember that Canada also lists the Qud force as a designated terrorist organization as well)

Under the Obama administration;

10/11/2011
"WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of the Treasury today announced the designation of five individuals, including four senior Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps-Qods Force (IRGC-QF) officers connected to a plot to assassinate the Saudi Arabian Ambassador to the United States Adel Al-Jubeir, while he was in the United States and to carry out follow-on attacks against other countries’ interests inside the United States and in another country. As part of today’s action, Treasury also designated the individual responsible for arranging the assassination plot on behalf of the IRGC-QF."

Now back to Qasem Soleimani.

"11 March 1957 – 3 January 2020) was an Iranian Major General in the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and, from 1998 until his death in 2020, commander of its Quds Force, a division primarily responsible for extraterritorial military and clandestine operations. In his later years, he was considered the second most powerful person in Iran behind Ayatollah Khamenei, as well as being his right-hand man."

Now back to what you said;

"He wasn't a good person, but he also wasn't a terrorist."

Qasem Soleimani was the commander of the Quds force, a designated terrorist organization. The Obama administration sanctioned him for concocting a plot to assassinate the Saudi Arabian Ambassador to the United States, and follow up attacks.

Soleimani is the military mastermind who was the long-running leader of the elite intelligence wing -- which itself has been a designated terror group since 2007 -- and is estimated to be 20,000 strong. Considered one of the most powerful men in Iran, he was routinely referred to as its “shadow commander” or “spymaster.”

G.W. Bush was president in 2007. You have two former presidents designating him a terrorist, and/or leading terrorist organizations, and being sanctioned for plotting to assassinate a diplomat.

What would you call Qasem Soleimani?

I'll wait for your answer.

SurprisedPikachu

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2014
Earth
Practically all of them, shit foreign policy from the US is a bipartisan issue. I was thinking maybe Trump was truthful about cutting down the US involvement in the region but with his latest actions he just made sure the US will stay there for decades doing the same shit. So he was full of crap unsurprisingly.
lol you are fucking retarded. The dude has been pulling out everywhere he can and Iran shoots down a fucking plane now you’re like TRUMP IS GOING TO KEEP THEM IN THE REGION FOR DECADES!!!

fuck off you ignorant cunt. Just don’t come back after you’re unbanned.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Its only the word of one guy but

He added that the regime has been "dispersing the people (protesters) as any price, by shooting tear-gas, by beating up people, by creating mayhem and terror."

i24 also asked the protester about the level of popular support for former IRGC Quds Force Commander Qasem Soleimani, who was killed in an American airstrike earlier this month, in which he states that "the Iranian people regarded Soleimani as a terrorist and criminal because he plundered the [Iranian] people's wealth, in suppressing (the demonstrations in) November, [where] he had a leading role. Soleimani spent [Iran's wealth] on his own terrorist activity, and (the terrorist activity) of the forces under his command, that is the Quds Force, in the Middle East. He massacred 1500 people (in Iran). He has done no service whatsoever for this country. The Iranian people know that he didn't fight ISIS, it was only an oppressive force, that has massacred half a million Syrians and acted against American forces in Iraq."

He further added that "while the Islamic Republic, by its broadcast authority and its media outlets, made this man a hero. Some people, who are endowed with less intelligence than average, and some who are connected to the government and work in government bodies, were lured and forced to attend Soleimani's funeral in Ahvaz, Mashhad, Tehran, Qom and Kerman. All the people you see in those videos are less than 5% of the people of Iran. I dare say 95% of the Iranian people expressed joy and happiness at the killing of Qasem Soleimani."