• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki announced for PS4

Mista

Banned
Hajimari-no-Kiseki-Ann-Top_12-18-19.jpg

Falcom has announced The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki (Trails of the Beginning) for PlayStation 4, the latest entry in the Trails series of The Legend of Heroesgames. An “ambitious title and turning point that will lead to the series’ conclusion,” it is planned for release in summer 2020 in Japan.

(Warning: The following content may contain spoilers for previous entries in the Trails series of The Legend of Heroes games.)

Here is an overview of the game, via Falcom:
This is the end, as well as the beginning—.

The whole of the Empire was weakened in the disaster known as the “Great Twilight.” Thanks to the efforts of the heroes, the land of Zemuria pulled through the crisis, and a new fate has been spun, moving the story towards its “end point.”

The game is set on the continent of Zemuria after the Great Twilight. The three main characters and their actions all over the continent cause troubled destinies to become intricately intertwined.

One is a “hero.”

Hajimari-no-Kiseki-Ann_12-18-19_001.jpg

One is a “liberator.”

Hajimari-no-Kiseki-Ann_12-18-19_002.jpg

One is a “hermit.”

Hajimari-no-Kiseki-Ann_12-18-19_003.jpg

The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kisekifeatures plenty of new systems that utilize the strengths of the Trails series, including a “Cross Story” system that allows players to switch between three routes at will to depict stories happening in parallel from different perspectives; over 50 playable characters, including some new faces; and expansive “Episode” scenarios that delve into the backgrounds of each character.

How do the people of Crossbell feel as they prepare to be independent once more? What thoughts pass through the minds of the people of the Empire who lost their mighty pillar? And what is the agenda of the society Ouroboros, whose Grandmaster decreed that the “Orpheus Final Plan” be advanced to a new stage…?

Hajimari-no-Kiseki-Ann_12-18-19_004.jpg

Hajimari-no-Kiseki-Ann_12-18-19_005.jpg
Gematsu

Shouta

Pretty excited for this since it sounds like they're going to try something that may alleviate some of the issues the series has been having. I'm also looking forward to where the series is going after Sen/Cold Steel 4

KàIRóS

An “ambitious title and turning point that will lead to the series’ conclusion,”

The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kisekifeatures plenty of new systems that utilize the strengths of the Trails series, including a “Cross Story” system that allows players to switch between three routes at will to depict stories happening in parallel from different perspectives; over 50 playable characters, including some new faces; and expansive “Episode” scenarios that delve into the backgrounds of each character.

Damn, 50 playable characters? how is Falcom getting all the budget to pay all those voice actors? and what do they mean by "leading to the series conclusion"? there are at least 4 regions in Zemuria we haven't explored one bit, are they just going to throw multiple regions in one game? there are also 3 Sept-Terrions yet to be discovered, what's going on here? why are they announcing this game like the end of the series? this announcement left me with more questions than answers.

Anyway, Nihon Falcom also officially announced the PS4 remasters for the Crossbell arc games, Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki, looks like there's hope once again to finally get those games localized. I'll just post these pics here since I haven't seen another thread for this announcement yet.

GVwFgz3.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Damn, 50 playable characters? how is Falcom getting all the budget to pay all those voice actors? and what do they mean by "leading to the series conclusion"? there are at least 4 regions in Zemuria we haven't explored one bit, are they just going to throw multiple regions in one game? there are also 3 Sept-Terrions yet to be discovered, what's going on here? why are they announcing this game like the end of the series? this announcement left me with more questions than answers.

Anyway, Nihon Falcom also officially announced the PS4 remasters for the Crossbell arc games, Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki, looks like there's hope once again to finally get those games localized. I'll just post these pics here since I haven't seen another thread for this announcement yet.

GVwFgz3.jpg

Double post blah blah blah fuck you.

YO. The real news is the Crossbell games getting released on a real system. This might finally be the opportunity. FWIW, I haven't heard any rumblings from publishers about bringing these to the US yet, but I haven't asked in a little while. Might have to fish for that now.

KàIRóS

Double post blah blah blah fuck you.

YO. The real news is the Crossbell games getting released on a real system. This might finally be the opportunity. FWIW, I haven't heard any rumblings from publishers about bringing these to the US yet, but I haven't asked in a little while. Might have to fish for that now.

I would say it's the perfect opportunity to bring them over, now that CS3 got released and it delves deeply in the events of those games, many probably got interested in what exactly happened in the Crossbell games.

Big fan of the Kiseki series even if I can't play/read/write/speak Japanese.

Probably my favorite JRPG of all time.

Most of all I hope we get to learn a lot more about....

Stigmas, the Outside and demons in general.

I don't think there's a series of Japanese games this heavy in lore and world building. Ten games in soon and still going.

Last edited:
Looks great.
Yeah. I hate having to wait a year to find out more.

It just occurred to me I own every instsllment of this series, both imports and North American releases.

To me this is the Japanese Star Wars only without the selling out part.

Fantastic franchise. Falcom is the best.

Last edited:
My absolute favorite JRPG series.

Looking forward to this but they're far from finished. My guess is after this we will be getting the Calvard arc.

I really do hope we get smothered with answers. For one I really want to know more about Stigmas and Gehenna and the Outside.

Edit: didn't realize I posted in this thread last year already. Man the months are becoming a blur.

Last edited:

GVwFgz3.jpg
Remasters? Huh. That's pretty much what the Evolution gamee were but yeah for current gen....

I own every Kiseki game including imports exception being the mobile games. Like many I am holding out for an officially localized Zero and Ao no Kiseki games.

This series is pure gold so I'm sure we will get them within this decade.

Wow, it's finally nearing the end. They definitely didn't lack ambition.
Probably not as close to the end as you think. Kondo said the series is about 60 percent complete after the Erebonia arc so be ready for more.

Also hw mentioned something to the effect they plan about 20 more years of Kiseki and Zemuria so even after the conclusion of the story, there may be more.

Last edited:
Game is coming out on the 26th in the Japan.

Kind of excited even though I cannot play or afford it but I want to know the story.

I'll probably watch OMGFLOOFY (does she still come here?) or whoever else is streaming.

Last edited:

ZZZZ

After the disaster that was Trails of Cold Steel 3 story, my hype for any other game from Falcom has plummeted.

ZZZZ

Spoil me which part that gets you deflated. I just finished Crossbell arc btw.
It's not just 1 part, it's the whole execution, i was tired of beating people, getting surround by more people and our main group going...."O.M.G what are we supposed to do? " "I know! Valim...." and someone shows up to save our ass at the last second".

The whole game just felt flat to me.

Edit: I still love the combat, played in Nightmare from start to finish, i love farming quartz, building OP builds and doing massive damage with some set ups. Honestly it's the reason i was able to finish it.

Last edited:

lachesis

I heard there are just too many characters now, and some badly needed to be weeded out. I am vaguely interested as I played Skies FC and SC - but not really sure if I have 300+ hours to play this franchise (Sikes Third chapter, two Crossbell games, 4 Cold Steel games..) :(

MagnesG

Banned
It's not just 1 part, it's the whole execution, i was tired of beating people, getting surround by more people and our main group going...."O.M.G what are we supposed to do? " "I know! Valim...." and someone shows up to save our ass at the last second".

The whole game just felt flat to me.

Edit: I still love the combat, played in Nightmare from start to finish, i love farming quartz, building OP builds and doing massive damage with some set ups. Honestly it's the reason i was able to finish it.
Yeah the whole Ultraman summon every time they're in a pinch did get lame, and I find myself skipping through the banter more frequently than before. It's like TiTS3 but with extra wraps for the sequel, and IMO Cold Steel arc was never that good to begin with, too many fillers that jot down the score, and only once of twice some twists happening foe every game.
At this point I just kept going because I've already invested too much with all of these Trails game, I'm sure I'm not gonna stop anytime soon.
I love the combat too, at least I they never skimped that part other than being too easily broken lately?

I heard there are just too many characters now, and some badly needed to be weeded out. I am vaguely interested as I played Skies FC and SC - but not really sure if I have 300+ hours to play this franchise (Sikes Third chapter, two Crossbell games, 4 Cold Steel games..) :(
I went through all the past arcs using turbo mode / speedhack. It helps a lot.

It does get overwhelming, I admit.

And then every arc seems to go full MCU / Infinity War and bust out all the characters from past games.

Last edited:
It's incredible how this series evolved over time.

The Trails/Kiseki series is a subseries born from The Legend of Heroes VI, wich in turn is a subseries born from Dragon Slayer VI.

Basically we are looking at Dragon Slayer VI: The Legend of Heroes VI: Trails of the Beginning, the first game of the fourth arc in the Trails subseries after Sky, Crossbell and Cold Steel.

CamHostage

It's incredible how this series evolved over time.

The Trails/Kiseki series is a subseries born from The Legend of Heroes VI, wich in turn is a subseries born from Dragon Slayer VI.

Good recognition. I only became familiar with Legend of Heroes when it started coming over with the PSP releases (which was already a ways into the franchise,) and although it was nice to have an RPG on a portable, if you had told me that this old-schoolish little thing from Nihon Falcom was an introduction to what would become a major JRPG franchise across multiple gaming generations, I don't see how I would have believed you?

Fbl12DI.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom