• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Class Warfare

nakedeyes

Banned
Man. Getting so amped for this after reading that HardcoreGamer review.

I was JUST about to get into TiTS FC ( which I have purchased twice and only started to touch before putting it aside until I get more time for it ).. Do you guys think I should prioritize FC/SC of TiTS or that I should just jump into this? I am a bit of a graphics whore, so playing this on my vita instead of the PSP FC is honestly a bit appealing to me.

Also, dunno if I will really have time for FC / SC / and CS 1.. jesus!! too many games! Whatever I choose will be played along side XBX as well of course.. *sigh*

Sitrus

That's disappointing. Trails in the Sky was more a pain to 100% due to a lot of easily missed stuff or decisions easy to mess up (I noticed I was missing 3 BP in SC, and that can traced all the way back to... The prologue, and I think it was the wrong answer after a "major" event) but the side quests were almost always engaging. If this is flatter events or worse MMO-esque fetch quests then I definitely will be inclined to phone the more obnoxious ones in unless there's a damn good reward.

It's more like rehashing some of the side-quests from all previous Trails games (5 games worth). If you have played them before, it will feel like deja vu.

Man. Getting so amped for this after reading that HardcoreGamer review.

I was JUST about to get into TiTS FC ( which I have purchased twice and only started to touch before putting it aside until I get more time for it ).. Do you guys think I should prioritize FC/SC of TiTS or that I should just jump into this? I am a bit of a graphics whore, so playing this on my vita instead of the PSP FC is honestly a bit appealing to me.

Also, dunno if I will really have time for FC / SC / and CS 1.. jesus!! too many games! Whatever I choose will be played along side XBX as well of course.. *sigh*

Play FC/SC on Steam if you are a graphics whore. Looks damn good on there

And yes... absolutely play them. I swear once you get past the first hump of the opening town it really picks up and doesnt let you go till you finish SC

nakedeyes

Banned
Play FC/SC on Steam if you are a graphics whore. Looks damn good on there

And yes... absolutely play them. I swear once you get past the first hump of the opening town it really picks up and doesnt let you go till you finish SC

Word. I do own FC on Steam, but I am think Ill end up playing on Vita just cause I would rather spend 80 hours in front of that than my PC.. Thanks for the input though! I should just be a good boy and play FC that I already own and hope that CS will be on sale by the time I get around to it.

Eusis

It's more like rehashing some of the side-quests from all previous Trails games (5 games worth). If you have played them before, it will feel like deja vu.
Guess it'll be a mixed bag of fresh and deja vu for many of us then given we're missing 3 of those.

EDIT: OH. There should probably be OST links in the op, Amazon and iTunes both sell it.

Word. I do own FC on Steam, but I am think Ill end up playing on Vita just cause I would rather spend 80 hours in front of that than my PC.. Thanks for the input though! I should just be a good boy and play FC that I already own and hope that CS will be on sale by the time I get around to it.

Good man

Playing on Vita DEFINITELY made getting through it easier

Being able to suspend and hop in and out whenever I wanted... playing while reclined on the couch

People seriously underestimate how awesome playing on a Vita is.

Its like reading a book but with videogames

YEEESSSSS

GAME IS UP

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...teel/cid=UP1023-PCSE00786_00-EDSENNOKISEKIRLS

Saphirax

Cool, thanks. Platinum trophy doesn't seem like it'd be too bad.

Two playthroughs and lots of potential missables :p. Even with that guide you still have to make sure to fish whenever you find a new fishing spot and you also have to scan every enemy. Some of the trophies will be a bit of a hassle.

Two playthroughs and lots of potential missables :p. Even with that guide you still have to make sure to fish whenever you find a new fishing spot and you also have to scan every enemy. Some of the trophies will be a bit of a hassle.

Im more concerned with getting MAX AP for the sequel

Is that doable in one playthrough?

Yes, absolutely.
The hardest part is the hidden quests, which are a bit trickier to find than they were in the Sky games sometimes.

Well not only those but the proficiency angle!

Lots of quests in SC awarded varying levels of points based on all these different factors

Full Disclosure I effed up the Picture one

ALSO

The DLC seems REALLY lame.... I thought there were alternate costumes you could buy!

just picked mine up from gamestop

CW2oLFsWUAEIAET.jpg:large

might wait to play until I'm done with SOA: LS

cyborg009

Banned
Might have to return my copy back to Gamestop and just get the limited edition copy since my standard one was already open...

Bought and downloading.

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't played the other Trails of the Skies games, but just to help out the fan base, I bought them all anyways. I tried the first one on the PSP but it seems so slow and time consuming. Too much dialogue for my tastes.

However, this one actually looks like it's going to be awesome. I loved Persona 4 so it's giving me a similar vibe, although not as wacky. Hoping you are all right about this series.

Bought and downloading.

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't played the other Trails of the Skies games, but just to help out the fan base, I bought them all anyways. I tried the first one on the PSP but it seems so slow and time consuming. Too much dialogue for my tastes.

However, this one actually looks like it's going to be awesome. I loved Persona 4 so it's giving me a similar vibe, although not as wacky. Hoping you are all right about this series.

You should REALLY give Trails a Tad more time

It took me well over a year before I finally put more than a few hours in and got hooked

Its a WAY better game than it lets on in the beginning.... That whole opening chapter is rough on so many people who start trails... myself included

You should REALLY give Trails a Tad more time

It took me well over a year before I finally put more than a few hours in and got hooked

Its a WAY better game than it lets on in the beginning.... That whole opening chapter is rough on so many people who start trails... myself included

*Sigh* I really should. I have a huge back log though. I'll give the first and second chapters a shot later on sometime. I just bought them to help support the fan base after hearing how passionate everyone is about it.

I just want another RPG in the vein of Phantasy Star 4... Will we never get another cool sci-fi RPG that is adventurous and has a crazy fast battle system again?

Oh well, Trails of Cold Steel is almost done downloading. I'll start it tonight...after I log in more hours with Y's Celceta and Rogue Galaxy...

Bladenic

*Sigh* I really should. I have a huge back log though. I'll give the first and second chapters a shot later on sometime. I just bought them to help support the fan base after hearing how passionate everyone is about it.

I just want another RPG in the vein of Phantasy Star 4... Will we never get another cool sci-fi RPG that is adventurous and has a crazy fast battle system again?

Oh well, Trails of Cold Steel is almost done downloading. I'll start it tonight...after I log in more hours with Y's Celceta and Rogue Galaxy...

*Ys

I'm in the mood for a JRPG, and it's between this and Xenoblade Chronicles X. Xenoblade seems to have a bit too many systems, tho.

:x

Picked up my PS3 CE... and they had an extra Vita CE... impulse :X

I'm in the mood for a JRPG, and it's between this and Xenoblade X.

:x

Well X is amazing, and from what I've heard this game is fantastic as well. I guess the question is do you want something more story focused, or more exploration/flying a giant mech focused.

occelinho

Only seeing the Vita version on there, is the PS3 version not up yet?

I just made a big mistake.
I bought and started downloading it immedietely after I saw it up on PSN .. on my PS3.

Did I fuck up? Will it be cross-buy? If not, why can I even buy AND download it on PS3? Damn it, will I be able to get back my money or change the purchase to the PS3 version?

I don't have a Vita.

jdevil99

So I just picked up a Lionheart edition (their only copy at GameStop) and I also have one coming in the mail from best buy later today. I'm all about double dipping to support the cause and what not but part of me feels bad for buying the only copy within a 50 mile radius and taking away someone else's ability to obtain and enjoy this wonderful game and series. Ah, who am I kidding, I don't feel bad at all. Either way, xseed gets the monies and I still have to wait to truly sink into this since I'm only on chapter 6 of SC. Damn you free time and your inability to be more plentiful. I almost hope Cold Steel II takes its sweet time to release because of that. Stressing the word almost. Much appreciation for bringing this title over regardless.

flowsnake

I bought and started downloading it immedietely after I saw it up on PSN .. on my PS3.

Did I fuck up? Will it be cross-buy? If not, why can I even buy AND download it on PS3? Damn it, will I be able to get back my money or change the purchase to the PS3 version?

I don't have a Vita.

You can download Vita games to a PS3 and transfer them. Sounds like you bought the wrong thing.

Picked up my PS3 CE... and they had an extra Vita CE... impulse :X

Well X is amazing, and from what I've heard this game is fantastic as well. I guess the question is do you want something more story focused, or more exploration/flying a giant mech focused.
Hmmm, I think story unless the systems were really fun. I'll check out the review of this in a bit and see if it's up my alley.

I don't have a Vita.

It's not crossbuy, so yes, you bought the wrong thing. I'd open up a support case with Sony right away to see if they'll refund you.

Hmmm, I think story unless the systems were really fun. I'll check out the review of this in a bit and see if it's up my alley.

Did you play the original Trails in the Sky on PC/PSP/Vita? It's on sale on steam for $10 so you could pick that up for cheap and get your toes wet before dropping $50-60 on a more expensive game.

I don't have a Vita.

Bummer man

You are gonna have to call them. im sure they will hook you up though

Shizuka

I don't have a Vita.

Time to buy a PSTV!

occelinho

Thanks for the replies!

Yeah, will try to contact the costumer service then. Thing is, Im not even from the US. I really hope that won't be a problem. :/

Time to buy a PSTV!

I was actually thinking to get one, but I didn't make up my mind yet. Guess that will be a good excuse to get one then. At least if Sony won't help me out with this mistake.
Edit: If it's compatible with a european PSTV.

Famassu

I don't have a Vita.
Some people don't have access to wifi, so they use PS3 to download & transfer PS1, PSP & Vita titles to Vita.

Thanks for the replies!

Yeah, will try to contact the costumer service then. Thing is, Im not even from the US. I really hope that won't be a problem. :/

I was actually thinking to get one, but I didn't make up my mind yet. Guess that will be a good excuse to get one then. At least if Sony won't help me out with this mistake.
Edit: If it's compatible with a european PSTV.

You should definitely give Customer Service a Live Chat session. They've helped me out on several occasions. I bought the wrong Destiny bundle for the wrong system (PS3 vs PS4) and they refunded me. I am in the US, but I don't think it should make a huge difference since you bought the item in the US account.

Also, despite how many NeoGaf members and gamers give Sony's Customer Service a bad rep, they've always been really courteous and hospitable towards me whether it's a defective PS3, wrong game bought on PSN, etc.

Good luck!

Nyoro SF

I picked up my copy at Gamestop a few minutes ago. About as dysfunctional of a store as I remember; haven't bought a game from them in over a year when they accidentally messed up the Xrd street date release.

The LE is very sturdy. I really hope that's an XSEED standard going forward; no more thin cardboard!

Top Bottom